Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
paulstreet
Blinker
Chips97
A1 drifter
fulhamphoenix
9 posters

Curzon- more of the same

Surplus

Curzon- more of the same Empty Curzon- more of the same

Post by Surplus Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:51 pm

With players coming back hoping to start seeing some consistency, in terms of selection and also performance. Hopefully Chib and JP continue to forge a relationship and we get a positive result!
    GARAGE

Curzon- more of the same Empty Re: Curzon- more of the same

Post by GARAGE Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Hope Chib plays and does well- Knowles hovering in the background- also hope Swain plays well because injury prone Parker is also hovering
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:07 pm

A fit Parker for me and knowles as an off the bench option along with Cadman. Keep it Chib and JP for a while and get some consistency going!
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:40 am

Travelling in hope more than conviction. Still a pub crawl round Stalybridge should transform my hope into conviction of a resounding victory!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:20 pm

If there's a bunch of draws out of the games involving teams above us and a couple of losses for the teams around us and we win then we can start getting back in the mix. Need a solid and convincing performance today!
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:33 pm

It's a long time since we've had a 'convincing' performance IMHO so it might herald a turnaround if that happens today.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:46 pm

After the recent cup efforts there should be a spring in the step. The team sheet will tell alot!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Listened to the match on the radio. Was it as dismal as it sounded?
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SW post match analysis on today's disappointing showing.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Sounds like there might be a few changes to be made.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:19 pm

We dominated the last 30 mins and were unlucky to loose. I think the team selection was to blame untill it was sorted with the introduction of the subs. It's alarming how we seem to set off with the wrong team.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Look let's face it, today's performance makes it crystal clear, we are not good enough at the moment to fulfill our ambitions.
    Players not good enough and management/players factor not good enough.
    We all thought at the beginning of the season that we qualified to be up there, but for some reason we and the club got it wrong.
    Re today's game which I attended, my view saw that they had some chances, maybe not clear cut, but where were ours, did we have any?
    A defeat against lowly curzon tells me that we can no longer make excuses for our own deficiences.
    We deserve to be mid-table at best - please no more excuses.
    I'll still be there home and mostly away till end of season but next season I'll reassess.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:54 am

Yesterday's performance was utter garbage. For the first time this season I refused to clap the team and management after that rubbish I paid money to see.

We didn't create any sort of chance until we brought Chib and Emmett onto the pitch. WHY OH WHY please someone tell me why we didn't start Chib upfront with Pittman? Them two have been playing brilliant together recently!! We were playing a team in the bottom half, we should have being going straight at them trying to get goals from the off. We played 3 centre midfielders who in my eyes didn't do anything all game! Kerry was probably the best of them battling for the ball but even he lacked creativity.

I was so so angry after watching that game of shite! Still not over it now. The game overall was like a pre-season friendly. I can't wait to move on to the next league game where I hope we actually put up a fight.

Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:10 am

Can only move on Chips. Got to hope that SW gets a response from this lot.
    Blinker

Post by Blinker Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:13 am

It's true that the game was awful, but I don't think for a minute that it is because the management or the players are not good enough as they have proven their potential in other games. However, I agree with Fulhamphoenix about some not fulfilling our ambitions. It's not so difficult in non league to find talented players, but It's not so easy to find players who want to advance. Sure, they want to win - that's part of their competitive nature, but whilst ever football is not their main job, their levels of ambition, drive to succeed and progress will not be as high as those for whom football is their life and livelihood. They may be content being safely placed in mid table; some might have a difficult choice to make for example if the club were to be promoted and move to full time. Non league managers have a hard time not only trying to get the physical and tactical elements right, but also getting the right mental attitude from the players. On Saturday they did not match our ambitions (fans, management and owners for sure,) the task ahead is to ensure we have the players who do.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:04 am

Agree blinker. Mid season, mid table and fans of other teams already think our season is over. Huge question is do you spend big, go professional and gamble like fylde or do you try and build a team over seasons and consolidate your way out of the division. At present got to agree with other posters that on current showing were not ready for either. We need to be ironing out issues such as portaloos and building plans on the pitch and off it to build in the capacity to go up. I know there is a lot of hard work going on by very few people behind the scenes and can only hope that we pull it around on the pitch.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Well said Blinker.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:19 am

I agree blinker. Trouble is every year we assemble a strong squad, we all get excited and it (usually!) ends in tears. I also wonder how many of our players are actually part time (in that old fashioned non-league way)? For example they all have to be available for all day training on Mondays, plus be available for long away trips on Tuesdays. I don't know, I just wonder. Assuming that SW is not going anywhere (for obvious reasons!), maybe some shake up in the coaching department might help. Also we do have a sports Psychologist apparently, so motivation and mental issues should be being attended to.

I thought that earlier on in the season SW got his team selection pretty much spot on, including subs, but it seems to have gone to pot recently. Almost everyone is completely baffled why Chib

didn't start on Saturday, I haven't heard an explanation.

We do seem to have an awful lot of midfielders, but not many are goal scoring midfielders, except perhaps Leesley.

Obvious that the two Stockport games are vital, 4 points (well I can dream!), and our season stays alive, less than 3 and its effectively all over.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:31 pm

First post and here we go.....

Blinker is forgetting each and every season of weaver football. It is always the same. Been lingering on this site for a while and was having a look at the old posts over the years and saw this post. Have you time ported through from 2012?

In your logic Blinker how does any side manage get promoted then? How did Mark Bower, a man we could do with at Wetherby Road - proper football man - get Guiseley up? Did the Ferriby lads think ah naff that I don't want to go up even tho they know for sure the club is going back down even if they stay up cos of the ground? How did the brilliance of Marcus Bignot manage to motivate his lads? What you have posted is just a cop out for a club of the alleged ambitions of Town. That said, we know the score. Any other manager un related to the chairman, given that amount of budget would have been out the door many times over by now.

I think if we all take a moment to look at the impact Bower has had at BPA and you can see the difference it makes. Look at what he has done in the game vs Weaver and it tells us everything.

Ah yeah.....be a good manager. Oh and on a normal budget. We all know Weaver does very well out of daddy. It is down to the management to ensure we get the right players but if you have been following town as long as I have you might appreciate Blinker the difference between players who will run through walls for their club and those that get demotivated through questionable man management and tactics. The extra training has done naff all. Only confuse them more probably - as is the way at the club tactics wise.

As for January - sounds like the player bus stop will be out as we see another bunch of players who started well shifted out for a new cast. It is clear the lads are de motivated and have been for some time. Aren't we all just waiting for a time when the coaching team hold their hands up?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Yes we are, but it will never happen. So bloody frustrating! Just imagine Billy Heath here. In the final analysis we are a.'hobby club'. Face it.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 am

paulstreet wrote:Yes we are, but it will never happen. So bloody frustrating! Just imagine Billy Heath here. In the final analysis we are a.'hobby club'. Face it.
    Go onto Halifax site forum and see what they really think of Billy Heath
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:56 am

I'd say not many of our current players have a 'proper' supplimentary job anymore, a few run/work for coaching academy's, gone are th days of the Roy Hunters working in a fish monger all day and the Dunning brothers plumbing houses on building sites all day before they had to set of to training/evening games.
    Roger the rum man tells me the Mondays go along the lines of the players tip up at 9ish with there designer washbags, have a team breakfast, do video analysis in the morning and do light running and a bit of shape work in the afternoon before leaving shortly after 2,

Some players will always put it in and be motivated, am afraid there's a fair few in the squad who take advantage of how well there looked after and use it as a nice little earner before there football career is effectively finished.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:05 am

Too true topcat. The likes of john deacey, smith brothers might not have had the technical ability of a multi colored boot wearing lad from our current squad but they had far more determination, application and desire than the ever changing cast of weaver's teams....at this level that matters. Yorkshire league, uni bond for ever days you could see the lads put 100 per cent in whilst working.....not many of these shoddy imitation premier league wannabes can the same be said. Worse thing is it is not even just on the pitch...that polo neck clown.
    Can't we just go back 40 year?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 am

So you wouldn't take Billy Heath over the current annual feeling of deja vu? We could be here in 5 10 15 years....the result like Paul says will be the same because the club is not run like any other....5 days a week training, a bigger and better cast of designer wash bag wannabees and a team of data analysts, psychological support....all the backing in the world....always the same. Get me back to the unibond days frankly. At least there was a charm to the club then.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:20 am

Lip up fatty wrote:So you wouldn't take Billy Heath over the current  annual feeling of deja vu?  We could be here in 5 10 15 years....the result like Paul says will be the same because the club is not run like any other....5 days a week training,  a bigger and better cast of designer wash bag wannabees and a team of data analysts, psychological support....all the backing in the world....always the same. Get me back to the unibond days frankly. At least there was a charm to the club then.
    Dont be having a go at me you grumpy old man just because i suggested Billy Heath would not be the best man for the job.
    Get used to the club is changing possibly not for the better. I have had to. Its obvious the Weavers want success but also obvious its not going to happen with the current managerial set up.
    Try and be happy with the ground being upgraded to a good level because we would have gone not very far as it was.Whatever happens in the future the Weavers will leave us with a better chance of going forword if thats what the new owners want. My own personal opinion is that the next level is huge and would be too far for the club and would not be as enjoyable as our current level.I am happy at this level and a good run in the FA cup each year. You may not agree but this is my opinion. Please learn to respect other peoples opinions whether correct or not. I would not want to get promotion and then be like N.Ferriby and Guiseley. Finally there is a possibility that Billy Heath saw what would happen at Ferriby and jumped ship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:06 am