Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
boselecta
trevdee
Big Lundy
djh344
tommy crumpets
7eric7
paulstreet
GARAGE
Tommyb123
fulhamphoenix
HTAFC Away Travel
Mike of Wetherby
16 posters

TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester

Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester Empty TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester

Post by Big Lundy Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:19 pm

TOWN on TOUR!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FC United of Manchester (Away) Vanarama National League North Sat 30th Jan 2016 K.O. 3:00pm

AWAY TRAVEL

Predictions:

Contacts/Directions:

Where to eat & drink:

Prices:
    Adults £9
    Over 60’s & Students £5
    Under 18’s £2

Programme £2

History:

Ground:
    Broadhurst Park
    Capacity 4,400 of which 696 are seated & 4,400 are covered
    Record Attendance 6,731 @ (Gigg Lane) 08/12/10 v Brighton & Hove Albion F.A. Cup 2nd Round replay

Ground Plan:

Last competitive match @ FC United of Manchester
    13/12/14 F.A. Trophy 1st Round
    FC United of Manchester 4 TOWN 0
    Att 907

Terrace Talk:

FC United of Manchester Forum:

Live match coverage:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  bounce
    Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester

Post by Big Lundy Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Can’t make this one!
    But have stood on part of FC United’s new ground when we played @ Northwich Victoria!
    Smile
    Mike of Wetherby

TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! FC United of Manchester

Post by Mike of Wetherby Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Will there be segregation?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Usually housed opposite their megaKop, so although there won't be fencing etc we will stick to our end of the ground.
    Can't wait for this match.
    7eric7

Post by 7eric7 Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:56 am

There won't be any segregation next week, I wouldn't really recommend behind the goal opposite our end either, it isn't finished yet and has no terracing, their is some terracing to the left of the Main Stand at that end that other teams with a following have used.
    I'll put some more info up reference pubs and transport from Picadilly later.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:02 am

49 currently booked on coach - looking at arranging something to free up more seats.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:23 am

It's bizarre that all top 8 have away matches next weekend - all tricky games.
    The laws of averages would expect a few to drop 2 or 3 points, so a town win would further consolidate our top 5 position in preparation for a surge even higher towards the top over the coming month!
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:52 pm

We've just gotta take it game by game and keep our feet on the ground. Keep chipping away nice and quietly
    7eric7

Post by 7eric7 Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:17 am

Looks like we could be in for an interesting game on Saturday with us both finding our shooting boots, I've heard you were even better than the 6-0 so I wont be going to the game confident.

As promised a bit of information for you.

If you are going on the official bus your best bet for a drink will probably be inside the ground, there is a big bar in the main stand which serves Holts and our very own FC Ale which would be my recommendation at £2.60 a pint, hot food is available, the menu differs every week and is announced a couple of days before the game, if there is any interest in the food I'll put the menu up on here when it is announced.
    Underneath the St Mary's Road End there is a long bar serving bottles, there is also FC Ale under there if you go in from the Main Stand end it is at the far end of the bar, away fans are welcome so don't think you can't go in just because it is under our end.
    There are usually a couple of food outlets inside the ground, local street food vendors, Fat Annies is usually at the far corner of the SMRE and I can highly recommend the Kaiser Sausage, at £4 it's a must have, there is usually something in the away end as well, and a Chuck Wagon outside the turnstiles.

There aren't many drinking opportunities within a short walk from the ground, there is The Miners on Teddington Road (basically two minutes across the road) has cheap bottled and cask beer, football on the telly and Dermo from Manchester band Northside playing some tunes, to be honest in my experience it's a bit rough and ready and the service isn't great.

There is The Broadway on Nutall Road which apparently has free parking, it's a Holts pub so the beer will be OK, postcode is M40 3NL for anyone wanting to park there.

Then you have The Railway, opposite the Newton Heath & Moston tram stop, another Holt's pub, it's very convenient if going on the train and tram as Holt's provide a courtesy bus to the ground which runs about every 20 minutes, it's about a fifteen minute walk after the game if you aren't quick enough to get the bus. They have football on the telly if you want to catch the early or tea time game.

Anyone coming on the train besides the Newton Heath & Moston tram there is a football special bus which leaves Stevenson Square bus stop TE at 1400 and 1420 and on the return buses will be waiting on Lightbowne Road after the match, ready to leave once they are full, this service costs £1.50 each way payable to the driver.

For anyone travelling by train who hasn't got tickets yet, for every two of you get a duo from Harrogate to Leeds, catch the 1226 from Leeds to Moston and come back on the 1832 from Moston which gets into Leeds at 2002 and it works out at £6.30 each for the duo ticket and Leeds to Moston is an amazing £6 return each, you do need to book online for the Leeds to Moston at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you can pick tickets up in Leeds Station, we'll more than likely be on that so feel free to have a chat.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:44 am

Whats car parking like at ground and do they charge
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Thanks 7eric7 just done this via Northern Rail. With a Senior Rail Card it has cost me £2 each way, unbelievable! Can't wait to see your new ground: my 3rd favourite team after Town and Tadcaster Albion, so Saturday will be quite a day...still hope we win mind you Smile

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Great stuff - thanks Eric. Will be about 7 of us going over on the train and will get up to Moston early to have a couple at the ground.
    Are there any decent, non-chain pubs near Victoria when we first get to Manchester, pre tram to the ground?

Quick q re the ground - are there any plans to finish the terracing/seating in the main stand and also have the two stands with the flat terracing been built in that way with one eye on future development?

Hopfully we can get close to 100 over!
    7eric7

Post by 7eric7 Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:11 pm

GARAGE wrote:Whats car parking like at ground and do they charge

If you get there early enough you could get parked on Lightbowne Road otherwise use one of the parks on the list.
    7eric7

Post by 7eric7 Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:33 pm

Carefree wrote:Great stuff - thanks Eric. Will be about 7 of us going over on the train and will get up to Moston early to have a couple at the ground.
    Are there any decent, non-chain pubs near Victoria when we first get to Manchester, pre tram to the ground?

Quick q re the ground - are there any plans to finish the terracing/seating in the main stand and also have the two stands with the flat terracing been built in that way with one eye on future development?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] near Shudehil tram stop.

Yes the terracing in the away end and the North Stand is top of the agenda when we have the funding, we want away fans to have as good an experience as is possible whilst going home with no points Very Happy , and yes there is room for expansion if the need ever arises.

If you are bringing 100 is there any chance you can leave that bloody drum at home. Sad
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:41 pm

57 seater coach is now FULL - I will advise if any seats become available.

We are now leaving the CNG at 12:15 rather than 12:30 to allow for a stop on route.

Thanks

Jordan

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:45 pm

7eric7 wrote:
    Carefree wrote:Great stuff - thanks Eric. Will be about 7 of us going over on the train and will get up to Moston early to have a couple at the ground.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] near Shudehil tram stop.

Yes the terracing in the away end and the North Stand is top of the agenda when we have the funding, we want away fans to have as good an experience as is possible whilst going home with no points Very Happy , and yes there is room for expansion if the need ever arises.

If you are bringing 100 is there any chance you can leave that bloody drum at home. Sad

Turkshead looks great.
    Ah ok - had wondered about those bits of the Mainstand - better done organically than with debt and all at once.
    Yes the drum is at times a bit JJB/Reebok stadium but keeps us old timers to the beat of the chant Smile ......especially our OiOiOi ditty.
    Prepare for your biggest noise per head on Saturday. What we lack in numbers we make up for in sound output.
    Cheers Eric

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm

HTAFC Away Travel wrote:57 seater coach is now FULL - I will advise if any seats become available.

We are now leaving the CNG at 12:15 rather than 12:30 to allow for a stop on route.

Thanks

Jordan

Great news, well done Jordan and everyone.

100+ away support here we come!
    tommy crumpets

Post by tommy crumpets Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:02 pm

"Turks Head" is fine as is the "Hare and Hounds" a couple of doors up, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also the "Microbar" in the Arndale on High St is good, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    either way, it's a tram ride and free bus to the ground or just the £1.50 bus from Stevenson Square.
    djh344

Post by djh344 Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi all. I am an FCUM season ticket holder living in Harrogate heading over for the game saturday. i have a coule of spare seats in the car if anyone still wants to go and cant cos the coach is full. leaving at 12:15 but got to stop at leeds on way back to drop someone off. let me know if interested, hope those going enjoy the day.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:00 pm

With no trip to Guiseley this season, & our trip to Bradford Park Avenue not until the end of March, this "could be" our largest away support so far this season!
    We can get a few travelling over on the train on a Saturday when we play some of the Manchester based clubs!!!
    Managed to get 40 down to Boston on a Tuesday night!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:28 am

Thanks djh344 - there is actually one person who may be interested on the FB group so will post the link to this.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:39 am

Here's the highlights scoring six against Lowestoft.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:08 am

Looking at the weather will the game go ahead. How well does the FC United pitch drain. We would be lucky to play on our pitch this Saturday.
    JoshR

Post by JoshR Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:04 pm

I asked on the CN forum their fans are very confident it won't be called off. They say it drains well and also they have covers if needs be
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Gutted after being on cloud 3-0 !
    However, fair-do to a great United comeback. Exhilarating stuff - from chances created and scored i think their 4-3 was win a fair result.
    My observations, for what they're worth ....
    - after justifiably sharing in the glory of last week's 6-0 win (where Town just suffocated the opposition), i thought the newcomers looked, maybe?, a bit exposed today
    - also, United beat us for speed down the middle too many times for my liking
    - i was in the kop and didn't see clearly why Swainey was sent off - i know it has to be sour grapes but i have to wonder (admittedly blind to the incident!) if it was one of those where the officials get intimidated by the home crowd into taking knee jerk decisions - anybody see what really happened ?
    - Kerry was head and shoulders (imvho) our best player today - literally speaking ie he seems to get to headers which players one foot taller don't get to for some reason. As the season progresses he gets more and more boldly inked in as my player of the season

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:35 am