Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Surplus
Townfan
kpgduras
7 posters

Ground grading

Townfan
    Townfan

Ground grading Empty Ground grading

Post by Townfan Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Are we going to get Guiseley back next season?
    I cannot see their ground holding more than about 2500 at the moment. The Grade A requirement is 4000 which they have to achieve by 31 March and at the moment no work has been done to improve their capacity. Leaving it a bit late aren't they ?
    I have also just noticed that you need 6 turnstiles for this level and we only have 5 at present. I wonder if our people realise this or we could be in trouble also.
    kpgduras
    kpgduras

Ground grading Empty Re: Ground grading

Post by kpgduras Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Townfan wrote:Are we going to get Guiseley back next season?
    I cannot see their ground holding more than about 2500 at the moment. The Grade A requirement is 4000 which they have to achieve by 31 March and at the moment no work has been done to improve their capacity. Leaving it a bit late aren't they ?
    I have also just noticed that you need 6 turnstiles for this level and we only have 5 at present. I wonder if our people realise this or we could be in trouble also.

Our ground has a capacity of 3800 I believe - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  If we get promoted, what plans are there to increase our ground's capacity to the 4000 Grade A requirement?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:53 pm

All in hand. Not a problem.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:27 am

We've got to get and stay in the promised land first which will be no easy task. I'm more interested in the team strengthening that will need to go on if we do go up. Rob Cundy would be on my list as well as a permanent move for Mason.
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:17 am

Agree with Surplus to some extent, as with everything, change needs to happen. However, I,m more interested at this present moment in getting the players we have firing on all cylinders, playing some football and showing what we all know what they are capable of to actually get us to the next level, before there is any talk of change.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Hopefully we will see that this aft. With the wind even more reason to get the ball down. Big win this aft will do wonders for the run in. Goes the other way and we might start sliding into a nothing to play for slump.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Really don't know how they did it but..
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:54 am

The new grading might end up being a moot point for them, given their current form and fixtures they have on the run in. That said I do hope they stay up – have done brilliantly given the size of the playing budget at the small town in Menston.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:36 pm

“Looks like our ground will also have been inspected!!!!!”

APPENDIX C

THE NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH & SOUTH PLAY-OFFS & PROMOTION FINAL SEASON 2015/2016 COMPETITION RULES

1) At the end of the season, the clubs who finish in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th and whose registered home ground has been inspected on or before 1 April in the season and meets the Grading requirements in force that season and the Entry Criteria for Admission to Full Membership of the Football Conference Limited shall be eligible to enter the end of season National League North & South Play-Offs and Promotion Final competition and in accordance The National League Rule 13.

2) Play-Off Semi-Final matches shall be played on a Two Leg basis, First Legs to be 5th v 2nd, 4th v 3rd Second Legs to be 2nd v 5th, 3rd v 4th (or lowest Placed Club(s) the end of the Playing Season to be at home in the First Legs should they have replace a club(s) who do not qualify for play-offs). A Single Leg Promotion Final at a neutral ground selected by The National League Board of Directors. This rule may be varied prior to the season at a formerly constituted AGM/EGM, or Special Meeting of all clubs, but must not be varied following commencement of the season.

3) In the Play-Off Semi-Finals, the two teams who finish Second and Third respectively in National League North and National League South at the end of the Playing Season will be away in the First Leg against the Fifth and Fourth placed clubs respectively with the Second Legs being reversed. If for any reason the clubs in second or third place are unable to stage the tie at its Home Ground on the date(s) required the tie will automatically be reversed. Any club not able to fulfil a fixture on the scheduled date may be subject to exclusion from the PlayOffs.

4) If any clubs in 2nd to 5th does not meet the Criteria for Play-Offs they may be replaced by a club(s) in the next qualifying position. Club(s) being excluded for whatever reason may be replaced at the end of the playing season by the next eligible club(s) below 5th place and the draw for the matches will be made on the basis of final Qualifying positions. Clubs below 7th place at the end of the playing season will not be considered to replace any excluded club(s) and the draw will be made on those remaining qualified no lower than 7th place. The Promotion Final Tie will be staged at a neutral ground agreed in accordance with these regulations by the Board of Directors

5) In the Play-Off Semi-Finals, in the event of the aggregate scores being level at the end of 90 minutes play, extra time will be played in two equal periods of 15 minutes. The team which has scored the most goals will be declared the winner at the end of the two periods of extra time. If the tie is still undecided after extra time the winners will be determined by the taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark in accordance with the International Board Decision in the Laws of the Game (i.e. 5 kicks per team taken alternatively followed by sudden death).

6) In the Promotion Final Tie, in the event of the score is level at the end of 90 minutes play, 30 minutes extra time will be played in two equal periods of 15 minutes at the end of the two equal periods of extra time the team scoring the most goals will be declared the winner. If the tie is still undecided, the scores still being level, after both period of extra time the winners will be determined by the taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark in accordance with the International Board Decision contained in the Laws of the Game. (i.e. 5 kicks per team taken alternatively followed by sudden death)

7)The Club declared winners of the Promotion Final will be eligible for promotion to Full Membership of the National League can only be included in the Play-Offs and Promotional Final if they have achieved the required standards on or by 1st April in the current season and in accordance with The National League Rule 13.

“Just in case we manage to finish in a play-off position”!!!!

Did we pass the inspection?

Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Our ground is up to the standard required for this league. If we get promoted we will have until 31 March next season to do the few things we would require to do to get the ground a Grade A certificate (a la Guiseley).
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:42 pm

Judging by the comments of this forum, if all we need is a new turnstile and space for 200 supporters, i see this as no problem whatsoever for our current hierarchy. As mentioned, focus on the present, small steps, get enough points for the play offs, and if we can manage to navigate the play offs then we can look at moving forward regarding the stadium and players for the step up.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:02 pm

Here here

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:13 pm