Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
iand1957
ultimate warrior
Big Lundy
Top Cat
zzzz
TheNeil30
Town Lishke
edwingray
paulstreet
town supporter
Townfan
Big Red Machine
16 posters

So long and thanks for the memories!

iand1957

So long and thanks for the memories! - Page 3 Empty Re: So long and thanks for the memories!

Post by iand1957 Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:26 pm

"Great game of football today. Clayton works like a Trojan and really impressed with our new signings. Can't wait for the season to begin"
    I take it that was very much tongue in cheek.

You must have been watching a different game to then
    We were out thought & out played always seemed 2nd to most balls.
    The only sound you hear was the thump as it went from back to front only to come back again, some things don't seem to change.
    Looking forward to the match report..
    zzzz

So long and thanks for the memories! - Page 3 Empty Re: So long and thanks for the memories!

Post by zzzz Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Great long ball play ,weaver is getting It right in style ready for automatic promotion
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Wasn't me in the bar being grumpy. I spent all weekend at a Brazilian Carnival in Liverpool, which was in all honesty, a lot better and easier on the eye than watching the game and being in Harrogate in general. 'Superfan freeby?' That's a new one, but I do pay to get into games, and its a shame you can't spell. Very amusing.
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:39 pm

10th is looking good , cheers cheers cheers
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:22 am

With Beesley being out. Addressing the Striker situation needs to be addressed urgently, in my opinion.

I'd like to think with the squad we have currently, is a lot more capable than 10th.
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:29 pm

With beesley out injured for so long a strong striker is a must,And hopefully use our links too grab a couple of quality youngsters on loan deals

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:27 pm

Simon has the strong striker in Clayton, and the fast and pacey one in Thewlis. For me, he needs a 'fox in the box' type striker. There are a few of them in the Leeds reserve team, but I doubt they would come.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Dominic Knowles foxy enough in the box for you??
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:50 pm

What a signing!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm absolutely stunned. I can not believe we got him. Can not believe it.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:04 pm

and reading their forum on the transfer feed it appears that he had another year on his contract too
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:24 am

ultimate warrior wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the manager say in an interview that he was going with the players he's got? so don;t think we will be getting a prolific striker in thats why i think Gainsborough could do well this season Newsham and Jarman in shows their intent for next season
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:31 am

Townfan wrote:
    ultimate warrior wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the manager say in an interview that he was going with the players he's got? so don;t think we will be getting a prolific striker in thats why i think Gainsborough could do well this season Newsham and Jarman in shows their intent for next season

Looks like the manager realized what we all knew after three games but a very good signing non the less just hope he's as good as he was last time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:25 am