Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
paulstreet
TheNeil29
GARAGE
Townfan
pontifex532
Gareth192001
TownUltra
ultimate warrior
12 posters

County Cup Semi-Final

GARAGE

County Cup Semi-Final - Page 2 Empty Re: County Cup Semi-Final

Post by GARAGE Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:37 am

TheNeil29 wrote:I have to disagree there Garage. These players that Simon has signed do not become crap overnight. The simple fact if it is that they have become disillusioned with the Weaver regime. If there was a more experienced manager in the dugout, who was tactically adept and could man manage players when they are low on confidence, instead of just signing more players, this season would be a different story. Because he is tactically inept and can't man manage for ****, this is why the playing side of the club is in its current predicament.

It is no surprise to me that they lost last night. I can question the players professionalism in this performance, but ultimately, i can't blame the players for the overall situation. Simon is the manager. The buck stops with him.

People may agree or disagree with this point, but when you sign players of the Calibre of your Woods, Walshaw, Bolder, Kerry etc...you have got to know how to get the best out of them. Simon never has, or did.

My point was that if they dont try then if anyone watching them last night will not try to take them off our hands. That team out last night was our first team one month ago.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 am

I know it was. But the difference is if even if any of them didn't play for the remainder of the season, they are in all probability, very confident that they will all get playing contracts elsewhere next season and are quite happy to put in minimal effort and pick up their pay packets.

They should have been man-managed properly and they should have been utilised properly, and the fact that this hasn't happened is down to the manager. Throw into the equation that Simon has signed over 30+ players this season will have not helped matters when it comes to players confidence levels either.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster, and I find it difficult to blame the players, as I truly believe they haven't been managed properly by the Ginger Ninja and McDersplop.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Well, thank God I stayed at home. a documentary on the House of Commons was probably 10 times more entertaining. Scary when you think what the combined wages of the team who played last night must be: several thousand a week beyond a doubt. At least we will have some players who actually give a **** playing on Saturday...and yes we do need to sign Gascoigne.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:35 pm

It’s the manager’s responsibility to develop a system that works effectively – the players signed should fit that system. It’s also the manager’s responsibility to instil belief in the players and ensure they work for the team and not as individuals. The art of good management is sadly lost on Simon - It's beyond belief why some of you fail to see that.

Apart from one or two of exceptions most players will have no difficulty attracting interest from other clubs.

I look forward to the day when the Weavers are thankfully no longer involved with this wonderful football club.
    SuperJim

Post by SuperJim Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:47 pm

This was my first visit to town this season as I've been overseas for the past 6 months (this is also my first post on this forum). Supporter for over 25yrs and have attended the majority of towns highs over this period (Farnborough (and the Wisbech game to get us to the first round), Torquay (both times), Hastings and last years disaster at Valley Parade). Just thought I'd add some credentials for the purpose of credibility.

Anyway, I can't say I was expecting much from last night given that WRCC isn't necessarily the priority for any club but when you are one game from any potential silverware I would expect some kind of effort. Last night however was a disgrace. I'm just glad that this does not appear to our first team anymore. The lack of movement and imagination was shocking. Yes Kerry looked ok for 10 minutes and Adam seemed to have some desire but the rest were truly poor - some shocking first touches and control. Bitterly disappointed in Walshaw. This was a team totally lacking in motivation which is surely the managers job. Despite the result last year it was still a great day out for the fans and as such there should have been some motivating words from the manager to make up for last years defeat and to give the fans another day out. There certainly won't be anything else to celebrate this year other than avoiding relegation. Given the stick he's been receiving he should have been all out to win this game. The manager should also be motivating these guys to get back in the first team but they just didn't seem to care. The fans behind the goal (who were great by the way)were right to sing "you re not fit to way the shirt".

I would also add that Simon's demeanour/attitude as he walked on to the pitch at the beginning and as he left the pitch at the end was also baffling. He has a very arrogant, slouching walk like some cocky teenager - he drags his feet. He needs to stand a bit taller, stride a bit longer and show a lot more passion - show that he cares, show that he means business. It's no surprise to me that the motivation in the team was lacking. To get beaten (and well beaten), by a mid table team 2 steps down is embarrassing.

One final point, it was great to see Ash back. Yes he was very ring rusty as you would expect but he did try to get hold of the ball and he made a few nice runs along the line and between the centre halves. Hopefully he has the personal motivation to get back to his best because I don't think he'll be getting that from his manager.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 pm

GARAGE wrote: That team out last night was our first team one month ago.
    If you cannot see the irony of this comment after what you said before then there's no helping you I'm afraid. it's you that doesn't have a clue or know how to get one

Townfan blames the players entirely for last night he must be Simon in disguise and you don't think the manager is culpable so you must be Irving!
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:49 pm

If the players aren't performing and aren't motivated, there's only one person you look at.....

Attendance still to be confirmed for last night I see, were there too many there to count ?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:52 pm

nobby99 wrote:If the players aren't performing and aren't motivated, there's only one person you look at.....

Attendance still to be confirmed for last night I see, were there too many there to count ?

The match report from John Harrison is says 160.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:25 am