Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
WGHT
town supporter
nobby99
ultimate warrior
Townfan
Big Lundy
Malcom Marshall
Mike of Wetherby
A1 drifter
TownUltra
GARAGE
pie and chips
16 posters

Harrogate Town 2 Boston United 1

WGHT

Harrogate Town 2 Boston United 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 2 Boston United 1

Post by WGHT Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:38 am

we finally showed some desire to win a game, hopefully we can keep it up Smile
    TheNeil29

Harrogate Town 2 Boston United 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 2 Boston United 1

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:09 am

I was very impressed with the selection on Saturday, and if I was Simon, I would go the same again in the next fixture. I noticed that the young players seemed to respond to his instructions with a lot more enthusiasm. Which does suggest to me that he has lost the respect of the majority of the squad.

What surprised me though was the lack of fight from the Boston team. Their number 7 was the only player who was trying to make things happen. The rest of them just looked like they didnt fancy it at all.

They need to build on this now.

Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:52 am

TheNeil29 wrote:I was very impressed with the selection on Saturday, and if I was Simon, I would go the same again in the next fixture. I noticed that the young players seemed to respond to his instructions with a lot more enthusiasm. Which does suggest to me that he has lost the respect of the majority of the squad.

What surprised me though was the lack of fight from the Boston team. Their number 7 was the only player who was trying to make things happen. The rest of them just looked like they didnt fancy it at all.

They need to build on this now.

people are saying this is a good thing but I'd be worried about having an inexperienced team when we're so close to the bottom 3. true they can't do any worse than the others have all season long and youthful enthusiasm might get us some results in the short term but I don't think it will be long before we get some more bad results and then what? we'll be in a right mess. nobody will want to play for the manager then. its to be hoped we get some wins because if we don't then we'll be in for a right scrap at the end and im not sure I fancy us
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Pity about Crook if true, presumably going to college over there, good luck to him. I think the young lads definitely deserve another go at Solihull, see how they go away against tough opposition. I have to say some of the signing decisions seem strange: I mean why sign Milligan unless you are going to play him? And what is Walshaw's status now? Surely there is little point in him sitting on the bench until April, might as well let him go somewhere else, and save the wages. Wonder if Clayton will go back to Alfreton, I'd like him to stay.
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

wallys status!!! i suppose with only ten goals you think he will be on is way , look at other strikers totals , speight 1 , clayton 0 , did,nt manage to get to the game sat, was informed ,result down to the pitch , if that prat of a manager got some decent midfielders who could get the ball upfront ,we might have got more goals.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:17 pm

I had forgotten about Milligan! As is the way with weaver's revolving door.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:15 am

Fact is yorkiebar he has dropped down the pecking order below Thewlis and Clayton (rightly or wrongly). On the evidence of Saturday both the latter deserve to start on Saturday against Solihull. Seems to me there are, effectively, three options:

1) play him and hope he recovers his goal scoring form
    2) leave him on the bench as an impact sub
    3) move him on, and save the money on his (one assumes) hefty wages.

I guess if Clayton goes back to Alfreton the 'problem' resolves itself anyway.

If the strategy is to go with youth from now on (and I think Simon should stick to his guns on that matter), it leaves a number of high earners surplus to requirements, Kerry not even on the bench Saturday, Lenighan (still under contract) has disappeared, Meynell appears marginalised, will Barnes get his place back? And so on.
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:17 pm

could be quite a interesting game, lets face it i dont think he,s played the same team twice,could be make or break , but looking ( sticky ( thewliss is a good player, hope he dus well,
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 am

The team that won on Saturday deserves the chance to start again, dent to confidence if he drops anyone from that starting XI. I hope that, win, lose or draw on Saturday, we give the youngsters a proper run in the team, and we don't go back to picking 11 names out of a hat that seems to have been the selection criteria for much of this season. Pity Solihull is so far otherwise I'd like to have gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:24 pm