Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+17
pontifex532
TheNeil29
town supporter
wetherby58
slicker
TownUltra
crowbar6753
trevdee
Championship Manager
Gareth192001
Big Lundy
thetallaccountant
andytheh
ultimate warrior
V'
yorkiebar
Townfan
21 posters

Hednesford Town

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Hednesford Town - Page 3 Empty Re: Hednesford Town

Post by Dark Knight Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:57 am

paulstreet wrote:Yes, when they escape from Weaver's clutches they flourish. Watch Walshaw bang the goals in next season for whoever he signs for.
    Yes this should be another nail in Simon's managerial career to be honest.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: Crowbar's comments about a protest, outside the ground: OK for the media coverage (if the Advertiser dared), but Irving and co. might miss it completely. What about a peaceful (I stress!) protest outside the 'Hospitality Suite' at half time? Irving, 'Mr' Plant and co will be there wining and dining the sponsors (bet they are loving being involved with such a micky mouse outfit...good for business being associated with this shower? I think not). 'We want our club back' might be a decent chant, before the bouncers move us on!

It seems from the after match rapid retreat of Irving, Simon and co (not to mention Jordan's unpleasant experience), that the fans anger is finally getting to them. We need to ratchet up the pressure. Don't suppose it will happen, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Incidentally how true is it that if the Weavers leave we will be financially 'up the Khyber'? With average gates of 500 or so, plus the income from the rejuvenated 1919 venue, plus board sponsorship etc. we should hardly be broke. Plus who is say that another wealthy Harrogate based person may not come in? After all, we are now an attractive proposition: Conference North member, decent ground, loyal fan base desperate to come back to the team they love etc.

A new manager would surely have a reduced, but reasonable budget to work with?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:15 pm

Great post Paul. Yes I do wonder why so many clearly think there would be no life for the club without Irving. That's precisely what he wants everyone to think. The club is far better placed than it was under the previous regime, a regime that had us pushing for the playoffs consistently by the way. Sure we MIGHT have a smaller budget if investment can't be found but with a better manager we'd have a better chance than we do right now that's for sure. Irving has held this gun to our heads for five years now and eventually you just have to say go on then pull the bloody trigger!
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 pm

On the bright side we had the most members ever viewing the forum at one time yesterday!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Admin wrote:On the bright side we had the most members ever viewing the forum at one time yesterday!

Probably fans of other clubs reading our forum to comfort themselves.
    chippy880

Post by chippy880 Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Following today’s disappointing loss at Leamington, Bradford’s Martin Drury made the following statement:

“Today we were too weak in too many areas of the pitch.

“At times it was men v boys. I gave certain individuals jobs to do today and they didn’t do them.

“I hope the club give us the chance to bring in the players we want, to strengthen the spine of this team.

(this is what we need someone to stand up and be counted for)“Too many players have been given too many chances.

“If players aren’t willing to be brave and do both sides to a game of football then they won’t play for me.

“We need some winners in.”

THIS IS WHAT WE NEED HARROGATE TOWN TO DO SOMEONE COME OUT AND BE COUNTED FOR !!!!!!!!!!
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Enjoyed Simon's post match comments!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:54 pm