Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+17
pontifex532
TheNeil29
town supporter
wetherby58
slicker
TownUltra
crowbar6753
trevdee
Championship Manager
Gareth192001
Big Lundy
thetallaccountant
andytheh
ultimate warrior
V'
yorkiebar
Townfan
21 posters

Hednesford Town

thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Hednesford Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Hednesford Town

Post by thetallaccountant Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Wear your tights next time DK so you are identifiable, and I'll wear my bowler hat...

Very Happy
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Even the squad players retreated to the warmth of  the V I P lounge during the 2nd half to watch the F.A. Cup match that was on the TV!
    If Roy Hunter had been playing for us today he would have jumped over the wall run up to the lounge and dragged each player out of there giving them a right b****g!!!!!!
    Embarassed
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:29 pm

shall I eat my chips?
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:33 pm

I saw all I needed and headed over to the bar midway through the second half.  No fight,  players not even arsed about taking set pieces,  set pieces coming to nothing,  no leadership etc, etc.

Some other observations ...

Credit to those of you connected to the club that had the courage to listen to supporters' views (whether they agreed or not) and shame on those who didn't spare us a second thought and disappeared at the first opportunity.

Good to meet up with town fans in the bar afterwards, especially some faces I hadn't met before,  tall accountant, Gareth,  Neil ???, and my favourite, the nice looking lass whose lad downed the bacardi and coke!!!

And perhaps the biggest controversy of all, word is out that dark knight has been spotted ...
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:58 pm

lost for words utter joke
    12 league games lost so far
    40 odd players used
    Many different formations
    No style of play other then hit and hope
    members of the club either publicly slagging off fans or fighting with fans
    Religation would top it off nicely
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:15 pm

town supporter wrote:

And perhaps the biggest controversy of all, word is out that dark knight has been spotted ...
    Haha! I'm pretty certain it wasn't me. I'd definitely remember going to the game, even one that forgettable!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Or maybe I'm Ed White...

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 pm

He really has lost the dressing room. No fight, no spirit, players not knowing what they are doing. Won't be long till Wally goes along with half the first team. Speight.....useless.

Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:33 pm

I knew when I was greeted by the night club bouncers on the way in that it was going to be a waste of £12. There are lots of things that could be said about today but the fact that we used 5 strikers and didn't score a single goal sums it up perfectly!

Its just an embarrassing shambles from top to bottom, at what point in the UEFA A coaching manual does it say when in doubt play a 4-2-4 formation?

Milligan a player rated very highly by Stockport fans and looking like the answer to our midfield problems when he came on against Guiseley looked terrible today. Clayton the supposed answer to our goal scoring problems has now gone 4 games without scoring and will soon be resigned to the bench......... Simons knack for taking good players and reducing them to Sunday league standard is unrivalled, that's before you mention Kerry, Wally, Kendall etc

People asking for Q&As sessions or changes to be made need only to ask for one thing, Simon, Macca, Irving and Plank please leave this club before its ruined
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:10 pm

By way of an illustration as to how narrow we were, Leigh Frank's played and our first long attacking throw-in was in the 85th minute.

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Another point, since when did any player play a bloody diamond formation whilst growing up and learning the basics of football....That is why we have no midfield they haven't been comfortable with it since day one....so hang on lets resort to the other formation of a familiar 4-2-4 but don't still play with any natural wingers......I tell you he made his bed pre-season when he lived out his fantasy of showing off with his dad's cash without even considering how he wanted to play.....I'm looking forward to watching the penis breath sink!!
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:56 pm

I'm getting to the point where i'm actually wanting Town to get beat !!! in the faintest hope that it gets Weaver sacked !! Does this make me a bad fan......?
    The attendance which is markedly down on previous home games is proof that the fans have had enough. Protests outside of the ground always make a good point, especially if the media get involved, as long as everything is kept peaceful... just a thought.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:15 pm

More formations this season than the Red Arrows going for the World trick display.

When you're struggling go back to basics- play 442 everybody knows how to play it.

slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:31 pm

TownUltra wrote:More formations this season than the Red Arrows going for the World trick display.

When you're struggling go back to basics- play 442 everybody knows how to play it.

Does anyone remember the bit in the Mike Bassett film when he wrote his next England squad on the back of a fag packet and accidentally called up Benson and Hedges.

One of my favourite films/coaching videos.

S.
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:53 pm

I've had enough now,my last three games attended,Worcester,Bradford and Hednesford,scored none conceded seven.Six years I've been supporting and I have to truly say this has to be the poorest footballing side,in terms of passion,determination etc. I have seen.
    I don't like to weaver bash but something is fundamentally wrong.that's my last 12 quid for a long while,good luck to the loyal ones,you've obviously nothing else better to do on a match day.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 am

No MOTM and Irving leaves straight after the game. Night club bouncers making sure the fans behave and reports that the players had been told not to liaise with the fans. Not a pleasant experience today at all.

Anyone else get searched on their way in to the ground?
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 am

Why doesn't everybody decamp to Railway. Railway attendances treble, Town attendances slump; even the Advertiser can't ignore that.
    chippy880

Post by chippy880 Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:21 am

weaver bit of advice for you,you might want to let people in for free soon if the team are gonna play like this its gonna get embarrassing!!!!!!!!! you cant expect people to pay £12 pound for displays like this have some dignity
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:20 am

Dark Knight wrote:Or maybe I'm Ed White...

Find that unlikely as I had a brief chat with ed shortly before leaving. A couple of new theories were suggested though ... I am operating as town supporter and dark knight (untrue) and another one that dark knight has a background working in the media (which may be true but doesn't really help with my search.) Tall accountant was easier to identify because he is tall and does indeed look like an accountant.

Found it strange that bouncers were present in the bar after the game particularly as the entire weaver contingent and most of the players buggered off home at tbe first opportunity.

Spoke briefly to a railway fan who confirmed that more and more town fans are switching their support and heading over to station view instead.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:24 am

I bet all the Weaver bumboys and arselickers didnt get any freebie tickets because Irving is in a bad mood, and that is why the attendance is what it was. It wouldnt surprise me if they fudged the attendance figures anyway. It certainly didnt look like 380. Must have counted the whole squad, stewards and the ground staff in that number as well.

Sooner or later, it will all crumble. And I will take great pleasure in watching the Weavers' fail.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:48 am

'Crowd' looked like about 330 to me, and that included a good 40 or so Hednesford fans. Not really much to add to what has been said, except that SW: 'King Midas in Reverse' has worked his magic on Milligan even more quickly than usual, looked good against Guiseley, mediocre yesterday. It took him several weeks to ruin poor old Kerry and Walshaw, so he IS getting better at something. Give the lad some credit.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:55 am

Couldn't help noticing that Chib got two for BPA yesterday, and Ryan Kendall got the equaliser for Ferriby. Bet he gives thanks everyday to have 'escaped' from our madhouse.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:05 am

I don't feel that McDersplop is getting enough criticism here. Remember, we have TWO UEFA licence coaches at the club now!!!
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 am

I see Liam Hardy is still banging 'em in for Buxton.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:53 am

Yes, when they escape from Weaver's clutches they flourish. Watch Walshaw bang the goals in next season for whoever he signs for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:17 pm