Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+15
trevdee
town supporter
yorkiebar
bigj
TownUltra
ultimate warrior
paulstreet
TheNeil29
slicker
GARAGE
Malcom Marshall
nobby99
TownTommo
ViewfromtheMoor
Big Lundy
19 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Guiseley

TheNeil29

TOWN on TOUR! Guiseley - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Guiseley

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Well, do you think the only reason Irving invested in the club so that he could give his son a foothold in management? No, it wasn't because he was also interested in the ground that the club currently sits on.

He's a developer, and an extremely successful one. He does not give a toss about the club. His money will always guarantee Simon another management role somewhere else.

It is going to pan out one of two ways, but for each way, the fans and the club will suffer.

Anyway, back to the result. Very disappointed, but to be honest, I wasnt expecting a win anyway. The current run of form is totally unacceptable, but there is no way that any consistency will be achieved with Simon in charge.

He seems to think that the answer to the problem is to sign more players, and all this does is show the other backup players in the squad that he has no faith in them, therefore damaging morale and confidence. He is absolutely desperate for results, and as the saying goes, desperate times call for desperate measures. The reaction of certain individuals yesterday proved this.

The cracks are beginning to show in the Weaver regime, and when it comes apart, it will be epic.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:29 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, do you think the only reason Irving invested in the club so that he could give his son a foothold in management? No, it wasn't because he was also interested in the ground that the club currently sits on.

He's a developer, and an extremely successful one. He does not give a toss about the club. His money will always guarantee Simon another management role somewhere else.

It is going to pan out one of two ways, but for each way, the fans and the club will suffer.

Anyway, back to the result. Very disappointed, but to be honest, I wasnt expecting a win anyway. The current run of form is totally unacceptable, but there is no way that any consistency will be achieved with Simon in charge.

He seems to think that the answer to the problem is to sign more players, and all this does is show the other backup players in the squad that he has no faith in them, therefore damaging morale and confidence. He is absolutely desperate for results, and as the saying goes, desperate times call for desperate measures. The reaction of certain individuals yesterday proved this.

The cracks are beginning to show in the Weaver regime, and when it comes apart, it will be epic.

Can't see why he would want the hassle of negotiating with the Council, finding a replacement site etc..... when the Council have a minimal land supply and there are plenty of opportunities out there.

At the end of the day, the site would only accommodate a handful of houses.

S.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Well, I am of a very different opinion to you Slicker, so we will just have disagree on that one.

It will all come out of the woodwork soon enough, I'm confident of that.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Well, to get back to the match. | few thoughts: don't be misled by the final score, a true reflection of the difference between the sides would have been 5-1 or 6-1. I have to say I thought Guiseley were awesome the first hour, some (most!) of their football was brilliant: quick, incisive, direct.All their players looked comfortable on the ball, could find their men, and Oli Johnson...what a player! Crook actually played really well (first goal aside), certainly kept the score respectable. That first 70 minutes we looked terrible, couldn't find a pass, big, lumbering forwards without a clue. etc. etc. We DID start to play the last 15/20 minutes, thanks largely to Millington. Inpressed by Thewlis, worth a start Sunday. I'm afraid, for me, Walshaw is a busted flush as far as Town are concerned, just looks like any lower league plodder. I'd move him on, save the £800 wages. Stick with Clayton, Thewlis, Swain and Worsfold for the rest of the season.

\the really scary thing was the massive difference in quality between the two teams, as someone said it was like watching a Premier League team playing a non-league team in the FA Cup. Yet our budget is obviously much bigger than Guiseley's! How come they are so good and we are so dreadful? .
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:34 pm

paulstreet wrote:Well, to get back to the match. | few thoughts: don't be misled by the final score, a true reflection of the difference between the sides would have been 5-1 or 6-1. I have to say I thought Guiseley were awesome the first hour, some (most!) of their football was brilliant: quick, incisive, direct.All their players looked comfortable on the ball, could find their men, and Oli Johnson...what a player!  Crook actually played really well (first goal aside), certainly kept the score respectable.  That first 70 minutes we looked terrible, couldn't find a pass, big, lumbering forwards without a clue. etc. etc.  We DID start to play the last 15/20 minutes, thanks largely to Millington. Inpressed by Thewlis, worth a start Sunday. I'm afraid, for me, Walshaw is a busted flush as far as Town are concerned, just looks like any lower league plodder. I'd move him on, save the £800 wages. Stick with Clayton, Thewlis, Swain and Worsfold for the rest of the season.

\the really scary thing was the massive difference in quality between the two teams, as someone said it was like watching a Premier League team playing a non-league team in the FA Cup.  Yet our budget is obviously much bigger than Guiseley's!  How come they are so good and we are so dreadful? .

Easy Simon Weaver
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:46 pm

You could have a point there UW!
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:39 pm

paulstreet wrote:Well, to get back to the match. | few thoughts: don't be misled by the final score, a true reflection of the difference between the sides would have been 5-1 or 6-1. I have to say I thought Guiseley were awesome the first hour, some (most!) of their football was brilliant: quick, incisive, direct.All their players looked comfortable on the ball, could find their men, and Oli Johnson...what a player!  Crook actually played really well (first goal aside), certainly kept the score respectable.  That first 70 minutes we looked terrible, couldn't find a pass, big, lumbering forwards without a clue. etc. etc.  We DID start to play the last 15/20 minutes, thanks largely to Millington. Inpressed by Thewlis, worth a start Sunday. I'm afraid, for me, Walshaw is a busted flush as far as Town are concerned, just looks like any lower league plodder. I'd move him on, save the £800 wages. Stick with Clayton, Thewlis, Swain and Worsfold for the rest of the season.

\the really scary thing was the massive difference in quality between the two teams, as someone said it was like watching a Premier League team playing a non-league team in the FA Cup.  Yet our budget is obviously much bigger than Guiseley's!  How come they are so good and we are so dreadful? .
    you must be one of the chuckle bros that knows the wage structure of this club !! take away the points (ie) goals that walshaws scored  & we would be propping bpa up.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:39 pm

I am absolutely livid about what happened after the game yesterday. Part of me is thinking why should I continue to go but the other half is thinking why should I stop. I will always support the players, contrary to what some of them were saying to me.

As Trevor said earlier, we were having an amicable conversation with Irving regarding our concerns about the club. The main concern raised was that the fans have absolutely no idea what is going on and what direction they are wanting to take the club. Irving agreed that he and Simon would be happy to have a Q&A at the club for supporters club members.

At this point Simon and the players turned up and became aggressive towards us and questioning our support of the team. A comment was made regarding my support and I told him that I had only missed 4 games this season and that as a fan, I should be entitled to my opinion. He called me a fcuking liar. Jake Speight had a problem with our views and decided to resort to personal insults. At this point I was asked to leave and was greated in the car park by Mr Speight who had to be restrained by a number of Town players.

As a season ticket holder I will still attend the home games for the remainder of the season but my away trips will now be extremely limited. If they think they are getting £190 off me in July for next season, they can think again.

One comment sticks in my mind which Irving made. It was 'YOU won't get US out the club'. Make of that what you will.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:45 pm

trevdee wrote:
    TownTommo wrote:u fink being tanked up on the booze and facing off with the weavers is right? Alf of dem could not even walk let alone string a sentence together disgusting loutish behaviour dem fink they need to look hard at dem selves b4 dishing out vile chants

Who can't string a sentence together? How can anyone even take you serious - #shouldhavenotbunkedoffschool

Grow up Nelly
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:56 pm

I heard that Speight took a swing from a yard away and missed.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:07 pm

See what I did there. Double entendre on swing as in punch and swing as in hasn't scored many goals yet.

Well at least everybody cares.. Fans obviously love the club, Weaver and players obviously pissed off after just having lost to local rivals. If we lose on Sun maybe we can organise a massive pile on in the middle of the pitch. Bagsy charging in from the hospital end with the sun behind me. Roundhouse chop down the first official and hunt my way in to take down Macca in an end of level type showdown with the Streets Of Ra music playing in the background.

This one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had been feeling quite good before Guiseley away, I think the players were knackered. I'm actually looking forward though to the rest of the season, bizarrely enough, I think finally the penny has dropped re Lenighan and this Milligan guy looks mint. Clayton is quality. A very good spine in reality, and not just on wage paper now.

Come on Town, last season Barrow were bottom at this point then got it together and this season flying. If we can build then next season could be the year!

Cue abuse DK?

DK i'd definitely do you in a fight.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:21 pm

where have we heard that before? oh yes every year for the last 5 years, what you seem to forget is Barrow do not have a clown for a manager
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:30 pm

If you stop swimming to shore you drown.

What do you suggest we do UW?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:19 pm

TownUltra wrote:

DK i'd definitely do you in a fight.
    Haha! You couldn't drop your pants ya little virgin!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:31 pm

JordanF wrote:

One comment sticks in my mind which Irving made. It was 'YOU won't get US out the club'. Make of that what you will.

Screw 'em. It will be Simon that gets them out. It's inevitable.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:36 pm

That's what your mum said.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:42 pm

TownUltra wrote:That's what your mum said.
    Haha! Top bantz Rolling Eyes
    bigj

Post by bigj Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:37 am

Think the difference between our two clubs is that Guiseley have sought to build a family friendly club where the directors and officials quite happily discuss team and club matters because they recognize that getting the fans on side helps the club develop on and off the field.

As for Towns performance, it was like chalk and cheese compared to Boxing Day and several of us applauded your keeper off at the end for his performance between the sticks. Also can't understand why with one of the top strikers, who has a proven goalscoring record at this level, sees so little of the ball to the extent that he is subbed?

Really do hope the situation gets sorted for you  in 2015 as its a shame to see our near neighbours pulling themselves apart when (from an outsiders perspective) one obvious change would probably make the difference. confused
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:41 am

JordanF wrote:I am absolutely livid about what happened after the game yesterday. Part of me is thinking why should I continue to go but the other half is thinking why should I stop. I will always support the players, contrary to what some of them were saying to me.

As Trevor said earlier, we were having an amicable conversation with Irving regarding our concerns about the club. The main concern raised was that the fans have absolutely no idea what is going on and what direction they are wanting to take the club. Irving agreed that he and Simon would be happy to have a Q&A at the club for supporters club members.

At this point Simon and the players turned up and became aggressive towards us and questioning our support of the team. A comment was made regarding my support and I told him that I had only missed 4 games this season and that as a fan, I should be entitled to my opinion. He called me a fcuking liar. Jake Speight had a problem with our views and decided to resort to personal insults. At this point I was asked to leave and was greated in the car park by Mr Speight who had to be restrained by a number of Town players.

As a season ticket holder I will still attend the home games for the remainder of the season but my away trips will now be extremely limited. If they think they are getting £190 off me in July for next season, they can think again.

i think its a disgrace that a fan should be threatened by a player of this or any other club, when a fan cannot put is feelings across in a proper manner ,i thinks its a bad reflection on the club . stick to your guns jordan ,i dont no you personaly but you always seem to put fair and constructive comments on this forum . lets hope its a happier new year,
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:55 am

JordanF wrote:
    trevdee wrote:
    TownTommo wrote:u fink being tanked up on the booze and facing off with the weavers is right? Alf of dem could not even walk let alone string a sentence together disgusting loutish behaviour dem fink they need to look hard at dem selves b4 dishing out vile chants

Who can't string a sentence together? How can anyone even take you serious - #shouldhavenotbunkedoffschool

Grow up Nelly

Seems a bit too articulate for nelly
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:01 am

TownUltra wrote:I heard that Speight took a swing from a yard away and missed.

Ha ha - nice one TU. On a serious note it begs the question how come these players can get themselves so fired up off the pitch but are seemingly incapable of producing anything on it?

I've stayed away mostly this season but it might be an idea if town fans gathered in the bar after the game to showtheir support for Jordan and solidarity as fans. Just an idea ...
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:26 am

After Simon's disgusting remark to Jordan I shall not be attending the CNG again until he's gone. Railway here I come.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:41 am

They all contradict themselves constantly anyway an example been that they moan when we voice our opinions on social media and in the next breath I am getting told by Irving that confronting them in the bar isn't the time nor the place (those were Irving's words).

Another one from Simon - "Why the **** do you all keep chanting about Killock, why don't you chant something positive about Shiels, the whole thing will make him lose confidence".

Erm Simon the reality is this has got nothing to do with Shiels, we all think Shiels is a good strong player who will do well. This is about sending our club captain to our local rivals without giving the fans any valid reason as to why. You let us speculate, you let us wonder, but all you have to do is communicate with us. There is a true "them and us" attitude within the Weaver family and it is going to go pop sometime.

Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:48 am

[quote="TownUltra"]

I had been feeling quite good before Guiseley away, I think the players were knackered. I'm actually looking forward though to the rest of the season, bizarrely enough, I think finally the penny has dropped re Lenighan and this Milligan guy looks mint. Clayton is quality. A very good spine in reality, and not just on wage paper now.

quote]I sort of agree. think we'll win some of the games coming up if we don't there'll be trouble for sure

Post by Guest Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 pm

town supporter wrote:
    TownUltra wrote:I heard that Speight took a swing from a yard away and missed.

Ha ha - nice one TU. On a serious note it begs the question how come these players can get themselves so fired up off the pitch but are seemingly incapable of producing anything on it?

I've stayed away mostly this season but it might be an idea if town fans gathered in the bar after the game to showtheir support for Jordan and solidarity as fans. Just an idea ...

nice idea TS think Jordan did what most right thinking fans would. Will be shaking his hand as he has stood and been counted. As for Speight we all know what he is, quite laughable seeing someone flushing his career down the toilet whilst he takes it out on women, fans. Pathetic c$$t. Then that isthe 'type' of player they started signing in the summer. And in typical weaver fashion they aint got the talent or application to have been worthbsiging and flushing all of Tads good work down the toilet.

All for giving folk a secondand third chance. Peter Beagrie being a great example of a bloke who was a lad but then had the respect for his loved ones and his own career to pull his socks up. Speight seemingly doesn't have the intelligence, respect for himself or the club's he plays for to be anothing other than a let down to himself. He must sitthere and think I was football league, I used to a leading goalscorer in the premier, I used to have a career. Now I am starting on a fan at a failing club where i am on the bench, in a rainy car park like some demented feck. What a joke.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 am