Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
ViewfromtheMoor
TheNeil29
nztownfan
j2021
Dark Knight
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
Neil25_95
Gareth192001
Chips97
CCOB
rangerider
thetallaccountant
17 posters

Radio Gaga

Gareth192001

Radio Gaga - Page 4 Empty Re: Radio Gaga

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Hold on I'm not ginger or have a hat on you guys are picking on me
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Relegation in our centenary year - not being unduly pessimistic but it seems this is a real possibility.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Application on the pitch starts with the desire of the players to play for the club and it's fans. Shouldn't just be about the comedy duo cracking the whip. They are very much part of the issue. The club has because me an easy place to wollow at and a under achieve at. Yes thanks to the duo but should also be about players not allowing themselves to be content to drift during games.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Rob Wilson was asked if he thought Simon would still be here if it wasn't for his father and he fluffed and blustered saying things like he gets on with Simon and hes a nice guy etc, etc, but would only say "it is an interesting question" so folks it looks like you will only get a true answers from the fans on here, the media don't seem to want to upset the Weavers but there again they don't pay to watch the games
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:52 pm

No matter what I've said in the past I never thought things could be THIS bad. It's beyond comprehensible now and everyone involved in going along with this charade should be totally embarrassed. Even the most positive spinning cheerleaders must now surely admit defeat here.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:31 pm

nztownfan wrote:I think its best to leave it with him, we really don't need this forum getting a reputation for actual Bullying.

As for Weaver, not speaking to the press is a disgrace.

Both him and his team are a disgrace full stop
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:07 pm

Macca gave the interview at 17:59 trying to hunt down what he said

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:Macca gave the interview at 17:59 trying to hunt down what he said

Probably something about injuries and wind was blowing in the wrong direction.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:10 pm

A reporter from Radio York travels all the way down to Kidderminster - finds the ISDN line is down - and for the second away match running, the club fails to get a full live interview completed before 6pm. This is taking the piss.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 pm

That Rob is a sound guy love listening to his match day commentary to keep him and the guys listening is poor. The public relations at Town for me have been very hit and miss since hanging poor Charlie out to dry over the 3 points. Some things they do very well like involvement with schools that 100 year celebration but the lack of interviews of late the whole Lenny/Killer thing, a list of injuries after simon is quizzed about the poor run. I could go on.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:01 am

Why the hell can't we score against a team with an outfield player in goal?

To make it it more laughable is actually conceding Two goals in the process, joke, is all I can think of at the moment.

We are the laughing stock of non - league football, make no mistake about that! Embarassed
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:59 am

Carefree wrote:Application on the pitch starts with the desire of the players to play for the club and it's fans. Shouldn't just be about the comedy duo cracking the whip. They are very much part of the issue.  The club has because me an easy place to wollow at and a under achieve at. Yes thanks to the duo but should also be about players not allowing themselves to be content to drift during games.
    Well put 'Carefree'.
    It's about time someone on here mentioned the players. I have not been able to get to many games so far but was at the Gainsborough game. In my opinion none of the players that night would have needed a shower because none of them broke sweat. That performance was a disgrace and they should have been embarrassed to pick up their over-inflated wage packets. It seems that the performances at Chorley and Worcester were the same. They are taking the p**s.
    Finally, just to put me in everybody's good books, I also think that a change of manager is needed. Would love to see John Deacey back here, he has kept Bradford at this level for a number of years with no money at all.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 pm

My opinion differs on the players. For me the confidence levels need to be rebuilt. The players can only do what is asked of them on the pitch. When it comes to players and effort levels, I am finally beginning to question the professionalism of some of the players, but ultimately, Irving is the one who has chosen to pay the suggested wages, he didn't have to and if any of you were offered 600+ a week to play Semi-Pro football, you would, I don't blame the players for taking advantage. But ultimately, Simon is the one who sets them up, he picks the squad and he selects the tactics. Based on my observations so far, it seems to me that Simon has lost the respect of the dressing room, and once you lose that, its impossible to restore.

If you were to put an experienced, respected manager in Simon's position tomorrow, the confidence levels, the commitment levels and the motivation of the squad would change instantly.

Irving, you will read this, if you really cared about your investment. Your son either has to be moved to another position in the club, or move elsewhere.

If it carries on, the fans will turn against you also. They haven't yet, but if this situation, they soon will. Fans will stay away, and you won't get them back.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Oh, and to add, if you did put an experienced manager in the position, you would get the big crowds back.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:44 pm

I think we all agree that something has to change for us to move forwards. Whilst we should be looking up rather than down, we are now only two points off the relegation zone.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:19 pm

For anyone who is bothered, here are the highlights of yesterday's game - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:32 pm

No thanks Jordan - there is enough misery in the world without having to suffer that!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:No thanks Jordan - there is enough misery in the world without having to suffer that!

I watched it.....no way should we have ended the game with 11 men.

Lenighan gave the ball away for their first....great finish though.

Second, Heath got skinned and beaten by pace, lucky deflection off Featherstone.

Looked like we had one shot on target from 2 yards which was cleared off the line.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:06 pm

In other news the brave Kurds defending Kobane against immense odds seem to be making ground on ISIS. Maybe the soft-centred Town players taking home their pay packet for so little work should get together and decide on whether they actually want to achieve anything worthwhile this year?
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks for that Jordan. Not much to be proud of was there? Some of the challenges were X-rated.

I know we've got injury problems at the back, but you've got to question whether Heath is now just so slow it doesn't matter how well he reads the game. It's such an obvious weakness every opponent is just going to exploit it easily by having their fastest forward run at him. I'd love to see him v Dom Rowe in training!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Whats Speight doing for the first goal?
    He's our left sided striker playing them onside, he had ample time to get himself back up the pitch and work off Wally's first touch but ends up been the last man back....
    Lacking desire to get back up the pitch....

And the 2nd goal just as bad, yes, the deflection meant it went in but how easy was it for them to get a shot away.... Heath absolutely skinned, on our match report it says he 'slipped'..... and was a 'great low strike'.... Really...?!

Still in disbelief we couldn't score against their outfield player in goal....
    TownTommo

Post by TownTommo Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:16 pm

we need our own vidz and soon! wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too worcester friendly dat vid people 9 mins long? get sum1 to do match highlightz for town fanz asap

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:20 pm

TownTommo wrote:we need our own vidz and soon! wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too worcester friendly dat vid people 9 mins long? get sum1 to do match highlightz for town fanz asap

answered you on your post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:52 pm