Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

The Power of the Radio Waves

Ball and Socket

The Power of the Radio Waves Empty The Power of the Radio Waves

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 pm

There is a rumour going round that TEMPO FM who are based in Wetherby and broadcast throughout our area will be promoting the FA Cup game against Hastings and the Hinkley open door/free entry league game on December 15th. Have Tempo FM aslo offered the possibility of future advertising too? I look forward to hearing of our club's expoits on the pitch from Tempo FM!!
    Ball and Socket

The Power of the Radio Waves Empty Re: The Power of the Radio Waves

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 am

Tempo Fm Ged and Press officer. What's the score?
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:40 pm

I have spoken to Tempo Fm and the club. This is an internal process, information will be released when confirmed.

Kind regards

Press Officer
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks Peter. Will Town Supporter receive his just deserts from the club for putting Tempo FM and the club in touch and instigating the advertising/sponsorship process which Ged followed up? He certainly deserves a big thank you. Don't forget him.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:Thanks Peter. Will Town Supporter receive his just deserts from the club for putting Tempo FM and the club in touch and instigating the advertising/sponsorship process which Ged followed up? He certainly deserves a big thank you. Don't forget him.

Whilst I am sure that Town Supporter has indeed been in contact with Tempo FM and big thanks to him for doing so. It's great that people are helping to raise the clubs profile. I have also been in contact with them regarding a couple of things and have been speaking to their advertising chap. Hopefully, we might reach an agreement that will be beneficial to both parties soon.

I am unaware as to what Ged and Town Supporter have done but hopefully things will be in place in the near future. It does seem however that great minds think alike (or fools seldom differ!)

kind regards,

Peter
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:09 am

I think the tannoy announcer should dedicate a song to Town Supporter at half time and that song should be "we are young".

Thats a point, I was deep in conversation at the time but i'm sure I caught the end of "the boys are back in town" at the Vauxhall game, are they coming out to that now?
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 am

Town Supporter and I have never taken you for a fool Peter. We certaunly have like minds. Both of us have have given our time to support the club and it would have been good not to have been taken for granted. Ask Town Supporter how he feels.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:35 am

The situation is that tempo are prepared to advertise the hinckley and fa cup game for free. Not sure why you couldn't have just confirmed that peter, there's nothing confidential about that. Any future advertising is indeed between the club and tempo.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Seem to recall townsupporter posting this on another thread about a week ago.

But TEMPO? Nothing against that station, but has Stray fm folded?
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Humm, it appears that wires might have got crossed here. looking back it would seem to be my doing.

First of all, my apologies to Town Supporter. if you feel you have been marginalised or taken for granted, I am sorry. The club certainly appreciate anyone's efforts in increasing their profile.

It appears that we contacted Tempo FM at the same time, I furnished them with a little more information and spoke to them about future advertising. This was done without the knowledge of what TS and Ged had done. I realise now what you had done TS.

Because of this and emails that I received this week from people pertaining to be members of this forum. I am withdrawing my contribution. I came back on at the request of the club but this time I have finished. You now have Ged who now posts on here so it will be more from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Kind regards all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:17 pm