Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
Championship Manager
vetnurse
Townfan
trevdee
rangerider
nztownfan
GARAGE
Gareth192001
Chips97
Dark Knight
TheNeil29
paulstreet
developer1
17 posters

Simon Weaver quotes

developer1

Simon Weaver quotes Empty Simon Weaver quotes

Post by developer1 Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:36 am

"Only a handful can take the club forward on today's performance. A lot of the others went missing."

"It's very important we have an enthusiastic management team. Hopefully the players can pick up on that enthusiasm and feed off it.

"It's my first year in management and despite all the circumstances I never thought this would come about (relegation)

"All I can do is learn from mistakes and learn about people."

"We've got a decent squad together late-on in the season and, by and large, the signings were offensive players and going forward we looked dangerous, but when the ball gets knocked into our box we look like conceding"

"Lads do put 100% in here but there comes a time when you think some people aren't good enough.

"I've given out a few home truths and nothing comes back because they know it's true. And yet you think people might be offended when I'm saying 'not good enough, not good enough.' I'm giving them a reason why"

"It's down to people now to really show their worth. It was dire. Some of the experienced lads were just void of any character," Weaver told BBC Radio York. "Sometimes when you're in this sort of position, you find out about people.

"I don't think the performance was quite as good as we've recently managed to achieve, but there aren't as many negatives as the scoreline suggests"

"We had superior talent on the pitch, all that was missing was the finishing product"

Weaver has tried more than 40 players so far this season but feels his search is almost at an end. "It's not about revamping the squad now. I'm very, very happy with the characters I've got and I can trust them," he said. "I think they're all good-quality players and I don't think they deserve to be bottom of the table."

"I've learned a lot in the first 12, 13 games and I believe I know the right way to go now,"

"We need to sharpen up, and individuals need to sharpen up fast if they want to play for me."
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Simon Weaver quotes Empty Re: Simon Weaver quotes

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 am

Could be an idea for Phil Harrison's next book: The Wit and Wisdom of Simon Weaver'. Won't take you long to compile it Phil!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:32 pm

You could compile a seperate book of Simon's excuses, aptly titled 'Don't blame the gaffer'.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:52 pm

interesting all of these being from 2009 when the gaffer was just starting out in management, that's one hell of a obsession to have to collected all of the them from over 5 years ago to use now to make a point in 2014. You could probably do the exact same thing with any manager to be honest, even in the Premier League.

Last edited by CraigHurle on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : crap spelling)
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:15 pm

CraigHurle wrote:interesting all of these being from 2009 when the gaffer was just starting out in management, that's one hell of a obsession to have to collected all of the them from over 5 years ago to use now to make a point in 2014. You could probably do the exact same thing with any manager to be honest, even in the Premier League.
    Trouble is 5 years later he's still singing the same tunes.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:interesting all of these being from 2009 when the gaffer was just starting out in management, that's one hell of a obsession to have to collected all of the them from over 5 years ago to use now to make a point in 2014. You could probably do the exact same thing with any manager to be honest, even in the Premier League.
    Trouble is 5 years later he's still singing the same tunes.

Managers of all eras, ages, leagues etc all over the World you can do exactly the same thing with them too. This is very detailed to one moment in time, 2009, too. Random remarks, quotes, interviews etc from any manager of any era, same thing would happen.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:02 pm

But the difference is Craig is that I don't care about any other clubs, even higher up the chain where they are just a bunch of overpaid, overhyped nancyboys. I care about this club, I want what's best for this club, but sooner or later, something will have to give with the whole situation. I'm fed up with all the excuses. He just hasn't delivered, on all levels. He has to go, or step aside.
    developer1

Post by developer1 Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:53 pm

that's one hell of a obsession to have to collected all of the them from over 5 years ago

> Took 10mins on the BBC website.

> Obsession? Have you had a look at your life recently?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:20 am

The whole point of developer's (very enlightening) post is that 5 years on (and many thousands of pounds of daddy's money down the plughole) he is still saying exactly the same thing. Yes, doubtless other managers do say these things, but the difference is, they get sacked (or have the decency to resign), our esteemed 'gaffer' is hanging onto his job like grim death, knowing his absurdly loyal father will never sack him.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:56 am

developer1 wrote:

Don't need to mate Wink I'm living in 2014, not 2009 like you pal bounce

Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:03 am

CraigHurle wrote:
    developer1 wrote:

Don't need to mate  Wink  I'm living in 2014, not 2009 like you pal  bounce

I believe the point is that it's not just in 2009 these excuses were made. Simon has continually used the same excuses every time he's having a bad spell which is quite often...
    Craig I think you're the only person with faith in Simon now and I have no clue why? Please explain?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:04 am

'think he has alot more to offer a full time club, but we have plenty to look forward to in Speight'

This is my quote of the season so far.....still waiting on this one to happen.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:27 am

JordanF wrote:'think he has alot more to offer a full time club, but we have plenty to look forward to in Speight'

here we go again Rolling Eyes whats wrong with having faith in the lads and gaffer? just because I do not choose to follow your own mindset and collective opinion, got my own mind, don't need to follow a crowd to have my voice heard cheers and you wonder why people are put off posting in here.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 am

Chips97 wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    developer1 wrote:

Don't need to mate  Wink  I'm living in 2014, not 2009 like you pal  bounce

I believe the point is that it's not just in 2009 these excuses were made. Simon has continually used the same excuses every time he's having a bad spell which is quite often...
    Craig I think you're the only person with faith in Simon now and I have no clue why? Please explain?

No need to explain fella! I just do not buy into the hate and lack of faith, the lads need our support right now, and that's what am giving them!
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:33 am

CraigHurle wrote:
    JordanF wrote:'think he has alot more to offer a full time club, but we have plenty to look forward to in Speight'

and you wonder why people are put off posting in here.
    I don't think people are put off posting here because they love Simon like you? I think it's because results are so shite and they hate Simon so don't see the point in posting. Just saying Craig Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:49 am

Chips97 wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

I don't think people are put off posting here because they love Simon like you? I think it's because results are so shite and they hate Simon so don't see the point in posting. Just saying Craig Very Happy

Going from what people tell me at the ground, they don't post in here because it has a very collective opinion and if you do not subscribe or follow that opinion, you get questioned on everything you post. You've said to me before on here 'just admit it' or 'explain yourself' I should not have to pal, if I have to put up with stick on here for having a view that's not part of the in crowd on here, so be it!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:52 am

Well, I spoke with about 500 people at the Gainsborough game all who said that Messi had been linked with a move to the CNG however Simon felt that he was not tall enough.

Actually, think it may have been those voices in my head talking to me again.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:56 am

CraigHurle wrote:
    Chips97 wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

Going from what people tell me at the ground, they don't post in here because it has a very collective opinion and if you do not subscribe or follow that opinion, you get questioned on everything you post. You've said to me before on here 'just admit it' or 'explain yourself' I should not have to pal, if I have to put up with stick on here for having a view that's not part of the in crowd on here, so be it!
    I honestly don't know anyone apart from you Craig that still backs Simon. That's just the truth mate.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Chips97 wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    Chips97 wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

I honestly don't know anyone apart from you Craig that still backs Simon. That's just the truth mate.

Well, from the people who come to me and shake my hand on match days, and say hi before games and have a little chat, you'd be surprised. Sometimes complete strangers. I back the Club as a whole, not just Simon, but the Players, the Physio, everyone, the supporters too, because we might have a different opinion yes, but WE ALL LOVE TOWN! oooh town,
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Craig, I think you will find out that everyone on this forum backs the club as a whole, apart from the manager.

We have the best Chairman in non-league, a cracking setup off the pitch, on the pitch, we have a squad that is absolutely brimming with class. We have a physio that is doing an outstanding job with the injury list in my opinion also.

There is only 1 tweak that needs to be made, and that is to either move Simon to a DOF position, or get rid (but that wont happen)

The DOF role suits him, because he has convinced some real class players to sign for this club. He just cant manage them.

The only way the environment and the current on pitch situation will change is if he moves aside, and lets someone else come in and try and salvage something from this season. At this rate, the season will be over by the start of December.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Possibly the 'complete strangers' are opposition supporters Craig. Nothing that the other 21 teams in our league want more than SW to stay in charge. a) it gives them a laugh b) increases their chance of getting 3 points by about 70%. We ALL support the club Craig, its just that most of us think we have a manager who has failed again and again, despite having loads of money to spend on players.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:27 pm

paulstreet wrote:Possibly the 'complete strangers' are opposition supporters Craig.  Nothing that the other 21 teams in our league want more than SW to stay in charge. a) it gives them a laugh  b) increases their chance of getting 3 points by about 70%.  We ALL support the club Craig, its just that most of us think we have a manager who has failed again and again, despite having loads of money to spend on players.

No these are Town fans who are now friends too. and yes, like I said, we all might think differently and have opposite views, but we are united in one thing, our love for Town..........

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:29 pm

paulstreet wrote:Possibly the 'complete strangers' are opposition supporters Craig.  Nothing that the other 21 teams in our league want more than SW to stay in charge. a) it gives them a laugh  b) increases their chance of getting 3 points by about 70%.  We ALL support the club Craig, its just that most of us think we have a manager who has failed again and again, despite having loads of money to spend on players.

I wonder whether they also refer to him as the 'brown nosed bandit' like some of the players do?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 pm

JordanF wrote:

I wonder whether they also refer to him as the 'brown nosed bandit' like some of the players do?

Jordan, that's pretty crappy thing to say. What does that achieve? Any need for that?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Thats an interesting thought, I wonder how many players if they were to be asked confidentially if they want to play for Simon would say yes?? That is a figure we will never find out, but it intrigues me, for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:32 am