Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Keeping the Faith......

Keeping the Faith......  Empty Keeping the Faith......

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:25 pm

You know, 3 draws in 3 games, meaning 3 pts out of 9, its not ideal, and its not the results we wanted or needed. But we've had 3 matches now when a Simon has been forced into making a subsitution because of injury (best wishes to Adam and his family, hope hes ok!) and its clearly rattled the team everytime, especially Worsfold coming off (Nice to see him come back yesterday) and Adam yesterday, its rocked their confidence alittle, now theres been alot of talk about Simons sub choices, team picks and use of subs. Woods maybe coming on for Adam yesterday might of been the better choice? instead of taking off Sellars and exposing our wings, taking off Mallory who had a shocker of a game and then bring Liam Hardy, and, my personal move would of been to take off Hall, who looked like he needed to come off, his head didnt seem in the match, and bring on Jalmal.

You could ask where was Bolder? Rowe? We need to playing our strongest team from the off, and most people seem to believe playing Woods and Bolder from the start is a must.

But I am just a fan. I am not even qualified to make such decisions. Simon knows the team, he knows whats happened in training, whose fit and able to play, and we have to respect Simon is picking his best team. It's so easy to be negative about the result and the match yesterday, but lets look on the postives, we are 6th and only a pt off 5th place. we can still do the business and get into the playoffs but we need to believe we can do it, the players need that 'spirit of Alty' back, when players, manager, and the 12th man roared through 90 mins together and we came away 3-1 winners.

That spirit needs to be back. Another postive. we havent given up in matches, when we've been a goal down, we equalised and saved a point in the last 2 matches, the time for believing is now, the time for everyone to give their all is now. I actually still believe we can do this. I really do. We have the players and we need to play our best team from the off and keep pushing forward, we fall back too quickly, we need to find our scoring touch again, bringing back Hardy is a postive step I think, and let's use Jalmal when we can, and the last 10 mins against Colwyn, suddenly Ironside came into life, he's a fantastic player who just needs alot of mentoring, alot of confidence building in his play, he's got his head down at the moment, he needs to believe in himself and attack the goal. This is his career and if he can't do the business here, what hope in the Football League?

We can do it. Lets keep pushing. Its not over yet. Keep the Faith........ Maybe am alone in these feelings, I don't know, but I will keep cheering the lads on until the last minute of football is played against Stockport. We've had a fantastic run of games, wins and with just one defeat this year, its something to be proud, its not ideal, we need to be putting games away and not wasting our chances, Do us all PROUD Harrogate Town! I still believe......
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Keeping the Faith......  Empty Re: Keeping the Faith......

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 am

Nothing like optimism Craig! Trouble is its out of our hands now, regardless of what we do other teams can still beat us to the play offs. Joe Ironside should go back and get his confidence back at Sheffield, he's been useless here. I'd like to have seen Jamal given more chances (Saturday?), too late now.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:33 pm