Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
pie and chips
CCOB
j2021
TheNeil29
the wizard
Geoff
sulphurite
11 posters

Got stuffed again :o(

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Got stuffed again :o( - Page 2 Empty Re: Got stuffed again :o(

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Never thought I'd be nostalgic for Neil Aspin's bobble hat and 3 subs routine or John Reed's touchline antics, but, guess what, I am. Its impossible to describe to anyone who wasn't there how unspeakably bad Saturday's 'performance' was, the worst I have seen in 15 years plus of supporting Town. I genuinly felt embarrassed sat in the stand surrounded by BPA fans in the first half, losing is one thing, becoming a laughing stock is something else. I don't believe that Simon Weaver is capable of turning this around, and the sooner Bill and the board accept this (painful) fact the better. It was a gamble (perhaps a brave one) appointing him but it hasn't worked, that is now painfully apparent. Shifting deckchairs on the Titanic I'm afraid isn't the answer, as seems to be what Mr Weaver is now suggesting. Its plain that he lacks the ability to motivate the players: they looked beaten and hopeless even before the first goal went in, and never once showed an once of passion or committment, which is unforgiveable. We don't seem to have the faintest notion of tactics. The BPA programme printed a starting XI for Town of completely unfamiliar names: I wish that team had played, couldn't have been worse.
    I suppose the only faint consolation of Saturday is that it was SO bad, almost anything onSaturday is gonna seem like some improvment, but don't kid yourselves, this team would struggle in the Unibond, the BSNorth is a league way too far.
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm

confused

Last edited by the wizard on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Why has Kevin Sharp left?? he done nothing wrong at all. 'A bad workman always blames his tools', 'never his skill'.

I am fully aware that the squad were shocking on Saturday, as that is what the score suggested. However, I do believe we have the right group of players (apart from a few) who can get us into the top half of the BSN. But things have to change, and change quickly, or this season will be nothing short of disastrous.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 pm

I suspect Kevin Sharpe has left because he is now surplus to requirements. Expect to see Simon Weaver taking full control in the dugout in future with assitance from the other guy who seems to get involved in the coaching. We will probably use Sharpe's wages to bring in a new Centre half to replace Weaver on the pitch.
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:00 am

Doubt that considering he is trying to sell Sturds, his first priority seems to be getting rid of his competition. Maybe Sharpy was too close to the managers seat for comfort too?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:23 pm

We have been that rubbish lately, Asda will probably beat us!!! If they do, I'm sorry, but that would just be wrong!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:48 pm