Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
pie and chips
CCOB
j2021
TheNeil29
the wizard
Geoff
sulphurite
11 posters

Got stuffed again :o(

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Got stuffed again :o( Empty Got stuffed again :o(

Post by sulphurite Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:46 pm

BPA 3 Town 0

What a shambles!

Last edited by sulphurite on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Geoff

Got stuffed again :o( Empty Re: Got stuffed again :o(

Post by Geoff Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Perhaps our senile Chairman / Bluffer / Arch Bullshitter and Fantastist actually thinks we are winning ..... dont tell him!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Geoff wrote:Perhaps our senile Chairman / Bluffer / Arch Bullshitter and Fantastist actually thinks we are winning ..... dont tell him!

Wouldn't go that far, but we are playing crap and something needs to be done soon Evil or Very Mad

At least we can concentrate on the league now!!! BALLS Basketball
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:51 pm

4 nil, only a cup game!!! still not happy, we need real positive news from the club, and decent players Embarassed
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:07 pm

ONLY a cup game? shocking result any way you look at it
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:13 pm

That was an absolute shambles, the manager has to stop playing and manage the team.

If he doesnt, then we will be relegated, and it is that simple.

The manager needs to sort the squad out and start managing the team. instead of playing himself, as you are our worst defender by far. The last few results are totally unacceptable, and if I was Bill Fotherby, his P45 would be on his desk on Monday Morning, even if his old man has put money into the club. You could have put 11 fans on the pitch and they would have performed better.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 pm

get the manager out, bring tommy cassidy in, with his record the club would get back its respectability, bringing discipline and good football back to harrogate, something needs done quickly before the season is beyond rescuing.
    BRING IN TOMMY CASSIDY.

Last edited by secondstep on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : please delete)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks Tommy !

S.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Obviously a shocking performance !!!!!! Weaver just manage the team and stop playing PLEASE!!!!!!! sturdy and bloomer are better than you !!!!! I think weaver you can do a great job just managing not playing !!! PLAY WITH WINGERS!!!!!!! get durham starting on the left/right and burrell on the other wing... burrell played on the right wing during pre-season and looked klass now hes suddenly playing centre mid :0. The other thing i dotn understand is you want goalscorers you play broadbent to try him out he grabs you a goal then he has being not in the team ever since :O Also play woody defensive mid thwen give mctiernan the lisense to push forward as much as possible we need to start getting goals from anywhere !!!

Rant over ..... for now Wink
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:50 pm

j2021. I agree completely. He needs to sort it out, and quick, because the fans will turn against him if these inept performances continue.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:02 am

What a waste of a Saturday afternoon that was.
    No passion , no fight, 2nd to the ball, couldnt string more than 2 passes together.
    The only tactic i could see was aim for dutton's head & he flicks it on to knowles who looses out to the 4 BPA defenders surrounding him.
    Did the referee ban Harrogate Town from making tackles in the 1st half?
    Does any one in a Town shirt know how to sprint?
    BPA assistant Deacy spent most of the first half kicking a football with a youngster behind their dugout & saw BPA manager Sinnott walk out for the start of the 2nd half with a pint pot in his hand. We really were that Bad!
    It was like a West Riding Cup game. Didn't anyone realise this was the FA Cup the worlds greatest competition.
    Geoff

Post by Geoff Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:30 am

Maybe Weaver is using this 'management opportunity' as a possible springboard to become Manager of Wetherby Athletic ... that would mean less travelling and he could certainly just about play at their level
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:23 am

I was having a think about this last night, and overall, it has been a really bad start, and not what we expected at all, but I do believe we should give it until Christmas, then if things havent improved. Then we look at things then, he needs to take on all the points above, especially j2021s' opinion, then it just might improve and we could possibly salvage this situation.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:35 am

I've waited until now to post, as if I had done so after the last home game, I would have simply ranted!
    While sometimes satisfying,it isn't really of any point! Couldn't go yesterday.It seems as if we have no spirit - how can we get stuffed 4-0 by a team from a lower league? I was at least hoping for a draw, and a win at home on Tuesday!
    I guess Mr F is not happy, and that is probably an understatement. It must be time for Simon - (Weaver........why have we got so many Simons?) to stop playing and start managing. In my opinion, we have to start winning matches long before Christmas, or we will be propping up the table all season.
    C'mon Town, we're still supporting you!!!!
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 pm

I havn't got a problem with the management team. Alex Ferguson would struggle to manage us on the budget Weaver has been given. I was expecting to see a reaction after the Redditch result but we looked beat as soon as the game kicked off.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:31 pm

secondstep wrote:get the manager out, bring tommy cassidy in, with his record the club would get back its respectability, bringing discipline and good football back to harrogate, something needs done quickly before the season is beyond rescuing.
    BRING IN TOMMY CASSIDY.

Firstly if this is Tommy Cassidy, this is the most moronic post I've ever seen. If its not, your very sad person for signing up to the forum just to post about a very average manager.

Secondly:
    "I've got to assess everyone's performance over the last few weeks over the next 48 hours, and make radical changes. It's as simple as that.

"We haven't started games well for some weeks, and I think that's down perhaps to mental strength. People have to do better in preparing themselves for games, or people will have to address whether they are good enough for this level...

"I think some of them don't realise what's hit them. You've got to do your best to put the opposing player off his game, whether you intimidate him verbally, or whatever. You get yourself into a game, and not enough are doing that...

"These youngsters at the moment are looking very raw indeed. We've given them a chance, and it might be that they have to move on.

I've waited till now to post because what can your really add to everyone, on both forums, having a rant and bitch at the team. Not that im saying thats wrong because I think everyone has wanted to get there feelings out at the way the team is performing and where the club is heading.

Above quote though at least is Weaver admitting to his wrongs. Although I have sympathy with the budget he will be working with and his ideal of getting in young hungry players, it hasnt worked. Something needs to be changed and he sounds like he is now going to do it.

The rumours being linked with Predergast and Grant, and also the addition Holmes, shows that he realises that we need some experienced heads in there who are proven at this level, although the signing of James Knowles doesnt bode well. Why replace misfiring thin, slight strikers with another young one after now admitting that the younger player experiment hasnt worked? Dont get me wrong I want to give the lad a chance, he's only had one game and I hope he turns out to be a quality signing, but its a strange one. Maloney is not up to the task from what I've seen. Not fast, not strong enough, looks a decent player, just not a good enough striker.

As I've said before on here I think Ollie Ryan is our best striker - a guy who scored 25 goals last year and bangs them in for fun in the reserves but never seems to get a look in the first team after the first few games. And what has Broadbent done to Weaver? Always makes an impact off the bench when I've seen him, started a few weeks ago scored a goal, and his reward has been spending more time on the bench!

Weaver should start by having a look at himself on the pitch as well. I think he is an alright defender, and puts himself about a bit by getting his head to a lot of stuff, but overall as a footballer I dont think he is great, and he is definitely behind Sturdy and Bloomer (why was he on the bench yesterday?). I think for his own sake he should spend some time on the sidelines and have a look from there about the major changes that need to take place. Gona be a long hard winter without some signings, and although I dont think we will get relegated I'm at least glad to see from the Weaver quotes he will be looking to do something about it.
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:10 pm

I always take a little time before making comment but rants aside have a look at a travellers' view of proceedings at the Horsfall yesterday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I've seen quite a bit of Conference North football but never witnessed a member club play so poorly as Harrogate Town did today"

That says all I could say and it is sobering. Harrogate have always been slagged off by other fans and some neutrals over the last few years, but you cannot help but to agree with the comments made.

Very difficult to conjour up any positives at the moment.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:02 am

There is nothing wrong with the team, apart from Maloney and Weaver who are shocking. The players we have are of a good enough standard to be competitve in the BSN. They always say a bad workman blames his tools. He is pretty quick to blame the squad, but he needs to review his own performances as well, and now needs to be on the touchline instead of on the pitch so he can manage properly.
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Anyway lets not worry about it any more - we would have faced a trip to Buxton in the next round and with the Reed link we definitely would have lost that one!!!!

I am looking forward to all of the home cup games we will get in the future to cancel out this run of away draws.
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Interesting reading the news articles on his appointment:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I went for the job primarily because I knew that if I got it, then I wouldn't be dropped." good way to guarantee first team action week in/out

edit: in context makes sense, taken out of context well...

Last edited by the wizard on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Im pretty sure he was only joking when he sed that (i hope so anyway) lol
    TheNeil29

Got stuffed again :o( Empty Stuffed Again

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 am

Interesting:

Weaver added that he intends to continue as a player, but will not be scared to leave himself out of the team.

"Sometimes I can step back and check from afar just how well the club is progressing on the field.

"I went for the job primarily because I knew that if I got it, then I wouldn't be dropped."

Needs to practise what he is preaching, he has been our worst defender by far.
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am

TheNeil29 wrote:Interesting:

Weaver added that he intends to continue as a player, but will not be scared to leave himself out of the team.

"Sometimes I can step back and check from afar just how well the club is progressing on the field.

"I went for the job primarily because I knew that if I got it, then I wouldn't be dropped."

Needs to practise what he is preaching, he has been our worst defender by far.

I never criticise individuals publically, so do not forget that on Saturday there were other defenders on the field. Both central defenders made elementary errors for two of the goals.

On the surface it seems that it was a bad choice on Saturday in the personnel chosen defence wise, but without facts I always give the benefit of doubt. Maybe there was no choice.

What Simon does next is critical because, as can be seen from both forums, support is failing.
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:24 am

rumours came in today that kev sharp has left the club too, and a couple of players are on the transfer list

gonna be an interesting next few games...

Northwich (a)
    Alfreton (h)
    Fleetwood (a)
    Droylsden (h)
    Redditch (a)

maybe 1 point from 15 if we're lucky...
    duzza123

Post by duzza123 Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 pm

yeah ive heard kev sharp has left the club it might be a good change. I think we can do better than 1 point lol, i just dont think the manager is putting his strongest team out put the likes of durham and burrel on wings and them two could cause a lot of trouble and hopefully the new signings will fit in and play better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:35 pm