Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum Empty A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Although I don't post on the other Forum anymore (the one that says it is the only one)I am curious enough to read the posts. Apart from the quality of posts being better here (only joking) why are we running two ?
    This is just as bad as Town and Railway splitting the Harrogate fan base. I preferred it when everyone was on, Alan was a regular contributor, and there was plenty of debate and a bit of humour (well I found it funny sometimes)
    We really have a great chance to put across some well argued points (if the management read them which I believe they do) and we are better off doing it as one voice !

In your best Julian Clary voice with hands on hips say the following out loud - There is no "i" in "team"

S.
    TheTown
    TheTown

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum Empty Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum

Post by TheTown Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:11 am

Maybe we should form Harrogate Utd then? Only joking and understand your point, and its a good one, but for some reason the few who are loyal to the old forum seem to think this is club run forum and a bit to happy?

I have no idea why but they seem totally against the change. The old forum although good in its heyday, has a bit like the club over the past couple of years cooled of it popularity and the grey boring yabbers stuff around it was a tad depressing when going on. I still check the old one as well just in case, and from the post on there when people were moving on here that they will never move its obvious that they read the posts on here. I think it will just be time before this becomes the more popular and people will just stop posting on the old one.

In regards to Alan, I know he posted on here in the first few days of the forum saying good luck, and I'd like to think he still checks the forum now and again, but maybe he doesn't want to get into some of the petty arguments I remember happening on the old one. If you do read Alan, sure everyone would appreciate a post now and again.

Sure its busy trying to sort the couple of new players who have arrived/supposed to arrive in the next week or so, and the stadium stuff, so maybe just a busy man.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum Empty Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum

Post by Big Red Machine Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:00 pm

I can confirm that Alan does read this forum and does keep up-to-date with the conversations we have. I think he got very annoyed with certain individuals who constantly tried to call him out or call his bluff all the time when he was being factually correct.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:08 am

Well said, Slicker.
    I no longer bother logging on to the other forum - it must be me, but I don't understand some of the stuff, and have better things to do than be a bystander while the few of the "in crowd" woffle to each other.
    Thought the idea was to support the team - well, let's do it by simply having one (well moderated) forum.
    While I can understand the reticence to get involved by any one officially connected to the Club, it wouldn't do any harm to see an occasional post, surely.
    At least they should be confident of not being abused for trying to keep the loyal fans up to speed, particularly with such a new team. cheers
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 pm

I just wish to add my (considerable)weight to the general consensus of this thread.

I used to contribute to the very original forum until that was highjacked by the "I believe in free speech including the right to insult and slag off everybody and anybody dissagreeing with this is toadying to the directors" brigade, which made me reticent to contribute any more. The other forum has always contained elements that made it difficult to contribute and I have never done so.

This forum has so far remained the sort of place for reasoned discussion and given time and clarity from trolls, then I am sure the officials of the club will come on and contribute. But I fully understand they want it to prove itself.

One thing I have found, though, is that most of the people involved in running the club are very open and forthcoming with information if they trust people will not use the information in a detrimental way (including posting it on a public discussion forum). Try striking up a face to face with the people in question and a lot of the questions raised on here would be answered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 pm