Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Jekyll v Hyde

Jekyll v Hyde Empty Jekyll v Hyde

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 pm

"With every day, and from both sides of my intelligence, the moral and the intellectual, I thus drew steadily nearer to the truth, by whose partial discovery I have been doomed to such a dreadful shipwreck: that team is not truly one, but truly two."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ok so I may have put the team bit in there. What a different line up and system. Here are some each way bets on the post match quotes before they appear :

" Keeping a clean sheet is very satisfying "
    " Delighted for Dan Broadbent to get on the scoresheet as he worked his socks off"
    " Brian Dutton stepped up to the plate, played out of position and did a great job for the team "
    " We got a bit of luck today that had been missing "
    " Winning ugly "
    " We stood up to the physical challenge "
    " I thought the referee had a decent game " (ok that was a longshot)
    " We have played (or will play) better and got nothing in other matches "
    " We put our bodies on the line "
    " We sat back in the second half "
    " We scored the second against the run of play "
    " After the blow on the head I was seeing double at half time, so Curtis offered to bring me round with a quick right hand "

All in jest, and I am delighted for Simon and the team as this takes a little pressure off before another big one. Not pretty but effective.

S.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Jekyll v Hyde Empty Re: Jekyll v Hyde

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:38 pm

Ha - some good ones there!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:45 pm

Pity about the lowest attendance in the BSN today.

New ground or no new ground, we can't expect to consistently compete at this level unless there is a comparable level of income to other teams. Anyone know how deep Mr F's pockets are ?

Boy do we need a run in the FA Cup !

S.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 am

Sure everyone would love to get to the first round proper again, that full house must have done wonders for the clubs finances, and just for one night seemed like we were all behind a football town!

Hope we've got a settled and competitive first 11 by the time the FA Cup qualifiers start though, and we can go away and someone can do a Danny Holland style wonder stike and we bring them back to the CNG and actually do them over this time. Either that or railway dont get on the beeb again!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm