Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
trevdee
TheNeil29
paulstreet
Big Lundy
8 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Solihull Moors

htown

TOWN on TOUR! Solihull Moors - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Solihull Moors

Post by htown Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 am

Trevdee summed up my thoughts completely.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 am

Yep, sorry and all that, but not remotely good enough. Hate to make BTTF happy but Halifax will probably murder us on Thursday...they actually have forwards who SCORE GOALS. By the way we now have three (for us) meaningless home games to go...how many people are gonna fork out £12 for a post-season friendly Evil or Very Mad
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:09 pm

BTTF wrote:Oooh, someone's bitter. Tin Pot is as Tin Pot does I suppose. lol!
    Funny how beating what you call a "Tin Pot" team is so high on your agenda isn't it? You will probably beat us on Thursday - we're on a bad run. But it still means that we're even on points gained from the meetings this season.

And if we're "Tin Pot" then it might be a case of Pot, Kettle, Black.

The population of Halifax is around 95,000

The population of Harrogate is around 86,000 (that means we are 9.5% smaller than you - although we have been in existence as a Club for a lot longer)

So on that basis, yes we are smaller than you, but I dare say Harrogate is richer and at least we don't have to borrow our ground from the egg chasers.

However you might be interested in the population of Huddersfield. It's 149,000 which is 50% more than you have affraid

And it's a far nicer place.........
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    BTTF wrote:Oooh, someone's bitter. Tin Pot is as Tin Pot does I suppose. lol!
    Funny how beating what you call a "Tin Pot" team is so high on your agenda isn't it? You will probably beat us on Thursday - we're on a bad run. But it still means that we're even on points gained from the meetings this season.

The population of Harrogate is around 86,000 (that means we are 9.5% smaller than you - although we have been in existence as a Club for a lot longer)

So on that basis, yes we are smaller than you, but I dare say Harrogate is richer and at least we don't have to borrow our ground from the egg chasers.

However you might be interested in the population of Huddersfield. It's 149,000 which is 50% more than you have affraid

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Like the post, Dan - sadly I doubt our Halifax friend will be able to make any sense of it
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:Funny how beating what you call a "Tin Pot" team is so high on your agenda isn't it? You will probably beat us on Thursday - we're on a bad run. But it still means that we're even on points gained from the meetings this season.

What a load of tosh, We'll beat you on Thursday because your s**t not because your on a bad run, although the former may have something to do with the latter. Pots and kettles don't have ought to do with it either. What I'm wondering most is why does a one horse town like Harrogate need two Tin Pot football teams. I'd have thought one would have been embarrassment enough. Both been going so long yet achieved sod all between them, I mean until we saw you on the fixtures lists none of us even knew Arrowgate had one football team never mind two. The thing is though, there both as shite as each other aren't they. Best advice I can give is to forget about making yourselves a football town, it's never gonna happen, stick to what you know best: Tea shops that sell cream teas and buttered scones with a bit of jam on. Razz
    htown

Post by htown Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Sorry what have Halifax achieved?
    htown

Post by htown Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:21 pm

You constantly refer to us as being such a bad "tin-pot club" yet your in the same league. Are you really that narrow minded that you can't see what your saying is a little hypocritical. If someone came on here and read your posts without knowing who you supported they may assume you support a big club but oh wait.....you support Halifax....people know you because????....your club went up the shi**er and folded.
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Where we are has nought to do with it. I mean, if a race horse walks into a cow shed it doesn't turn into a cow does it? Your Tin Pot and we're not. Just the way it is and trust me everyone knows Halifax Town and The Shaymen. Even people that don't know about football. Like you lot. Get ready for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of us tomorrow cos a win will do it now. cheers

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 pm

BTTF wrote:Where we are has nought to do with it. I mean, if a race horse walks into a cow shed it doesn't turn into a cow does it? Your Tin Pot and we're not. Just the way it is and trust me everyone knows Halifax Town and The Shaymen. Even people that don't know about football. Like you lot. Get ready for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of us tomorrow cos a win will do it now. cheers

Yeah everybody has heard of the Shaymen, unfortunately for you it's the Psychedelic Pop Group that did Ebeneezer Goode.

Apparently the name Halifax comes from an old English word meaning "area of coarse grass". Looks like you've had pitch problems for far longer than us then.

Must be exciting over there for you to spend so much time on our Forum. The £12 you will pay tomorrow night will be very welcome.

Cheers

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Would I rather live in a lovely tin pot town that is full of lovely tea shops, oh and where house prices just keep rising? Or would I rather live in an inbred s**t hole, where most people talk like sloth from goonies and are thick as fook?

Yep I will keep my tin pot leafy town thanks. Oh and thats fine, bring your army, make sure you spend plenty on food and in the bar too, because here in Harrogate we like to count money, as opposed to Halifax who piss it up the wall.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 pm

trevdee wrote:Would I rather live in a lovely tin pot town that is full of lovely tea shops, oh and where house prices just keep rising? Or would I rather live in an inbred s**t hole, where most people talk like sloth from goonies and are thick as fook?

Yep I will keep my tin pot leafy town thanks. Oh and thats fine, bring your army, make sure you spend plenty on food and in the bar too, because here in Harrogate we like to count money, as opposed to Halifax who piss it up the wall.

Not another cut and paste from the Halifax Tourist Information website.

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Here is a name suggestion for when your chairman next scratches his head and calls in the administrators - Halifax R Us
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

trevdee wrote:Would I rather live in a lovely tin pot town that is full of lovely tea shops, oh and where house prices just keep rising? Or would I rather live in an inbred s**t hole, where most people talk like sloth from goonies and are thick as fook?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! afro
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:35 am

Well, now that we both agree your Tin Pot, there's nothing left to argue about is there? Enjoy your tea shops and buttered scones and stop pretending your poncey little heritage town will ever own a real football club. It rained a bit last night so it will probably be off tonight but if its not the only brass you'll be getting off me is what it costs to get in to watch my real football team play your missmatch of odds and sods. I'm sure there'll be a KFC on the way there. Must dash, my job in my town's world class bank as calling me. lol!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:43 am

BTTF wrote:What I'm wondering most is why does a one horse town like Harrogate need two Tin Pot football teams.
    Yes, funny how we can sustain two teams while Halifax couldn't sustain one without sharing the ground with egg chasers.

BTTF wrote:Both been going so long yet achieved sod all between them, I mean until we saw you on the fixtures lists none of us even knew Arrowgate had one football team never mind two.
    Don't know much about football do you? Your current manager came from us. Surely someone has mentioned that before?

BTTF wrote:The thing is though, there both as shite as each other aren't they. Best advice I can give is to forget about making yourselves a football town, it's never gonna happen, stick to what you know best: Tea shops that sell cream teas and buttered scones with a bit of jam on. Razz
    It's THEY ARE or THEY'RE. I worked for 10 years in the Haliflax area (Greetland actually) so I know the town and it's bars pretty well.

I know which I prefer.

You're just a small town near Huddersfield in most football fans books.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:59 pm