Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
trevdee
Hoops
JackHTFC
CCOB
rangerider
paulstreet
10 posters

Attendances at the CNG

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Attendances at the CNG - Page 2 Empty Re: Attendances at the CNG

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Problem with Summer football is that it's during holiday time. Yes I know that Cricket and Rugby League get away with it, but are they really sports that people want to watch?

In Scotland, they have midwinter break which could work in the lower tiers of English football. You'd probably need to reduce the number of teams in each "division" though which may be controversial.

I know that the Club are looking at ways to increase the attendances at Wetherby Road - unfortunately it's very easy to have lots of good ideas, but very hard to have the time and people to carry them through. As Big L says, it's a long term project if we want to get them and keep them.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 am

You could cetainly make a case for 'park football' (Claro League etc.) to go to the Summer, after all amateur cricket leagues play throughout the holiday period. But none of this will happen.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 pm

All we can hope is that the pitch holds out, get a good FA Cup run, and throw in a few discounted games, free entry, family tickets etc and especially consistency on the pitch, and i'm sure the attendances will improve.

I would like to see an average of 800, but that's a long way off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 am