Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
trevdee
Martin L
nztownfan
7 posters

Town v Gloucester

Town v Gloucester Empty Town v Gloucester

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Just in case anyone is interested after not bothering to turn up, Town are 1 nil up, Beesley after 3 mins. Playing well, 3 up front. We need a second though to calm my nerves.

S.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Town v Gloucester Empty Re: Town v Gloucester

Post by nztownfan Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Me Sad wish was there

Railway are losing 3-1
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

1 - 0 town win....the dream is still alive.

We can do oxford and should do Solihull spurred on by revenge !

OOH TOWN
    Martin
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:10 pm

We scraped by tonight with in effect 10 men.........Well done for the win though!

Anyway I have to be positive otherwise the police will shoot me, plus we did win:

Got to say what a difference a few days make...Thought Nowakowski played like Zidane today, there are no words to describe his first touch and sublime range of passing...That guy really held it together for us and I thought he carried the team across the line tonight. I know if he wasn't on the pitch we would have sat back in the second half and thanks to him making himself available for the pass at every opportunity we managed to spray the ball around like Brazil.

I'm glad we didn't see Bolder/Woods/Dean on the pitch together because I'm afraid to say they would have resorted to the long ball tactics.

God help Halifax if he plays in that position, as they wont get a touch in the middle and we will absolutely destroy them - bring it on and well done Adam!!

Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 pm

well done trev, good post. just spoke to a few lads and adam did well and had a great effort second half. 2 wins and then a week Thursday its game on. 18 points to play for and we need a net 2 point gain and we have done it.

Trev, for what its worth I have spent hours on the phone since Saturday and everyone has said you are more than entitled to your opinion. Whether I agree or disagree, we have had a good chat, nothing personal at all, why should it be ? and I am just trying my best here.

The supporters club is a FAR BETTER place with you and Neil involved.

Hope to see you all soon.

OOH TOWN

Martin

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 pm

It was a lucky win tonight. Nobody performed amazingly well. The 3 solid performers were Bolder, Merris and Samuels. Nowakowski and Chilaka were shocking tonight. I have nothing against them, but the squad just didnt pass it into Adam's feet hardly, (his first touch was shocking.) he won a few aerial challenges and had 1 shot at goal, apart from that, he done nothing. Chilaka was just ridiculous tonight. He had a few decent first touches, apart from that, he was too slow to the ball, lost just about every aerial challenge and miscontrolled the ball so many times i lost count. These 2 seriously have to step their game up.

We will have to perform a hell of a lot better in the next few games if we are to have any realistic chance of the playoffs, as luck will only get us so far.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Halifax result against 10 men Bishops Stortford sunny
    Wonder what their forum looks like tonight affraid
    Town vs Halifax starting to look like the BIG ONE!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 pm

i know the problem it's ME when i go they play crap and either loose or draw and when i don't go they win, so if everyone sends me a pound on matchdays i will stay away till next season lol!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Martin L wrote:well done trev, good post. just spoke to a few lads and adam did well and had a great effort second half. 2 wins and then a week Thursday its game on. 18 points to play for and we need a net 2 point gain and we have done it.

Trev, for what its worth I have spent hours on the phone since Saturday and everyone has said you are more than entitled to your opinion. Whether I agree or disagree, we have had a good chat, nothing personal at all, why should it be ? and I am just trying my best here.

The supporters club is a FAR BETTER place with you and Neil involved.

Hope to see you all soon.

OOH TOWN

Martin

Martin, everyone is aware that you are doing your best, but on Saturday, what happened with Trevdee was bang out of order. I cant provide support to a Supporters Club Chairman who gets involved in spats because one of the directors' sons cant hack a little bit of criticism. If you are going to speak to Simon, Irving and Tad, tell them to focus on what they do best. If they don't like the fans comments, then don't bloody read them.

Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

shame. me get involved ? I was enjoying a pint and was asked to listen to club officials as a friendly point of contact to broker a solution and try and help out. I did and am doing my best in that situation. If you cant support the htsc chairman because he was approached and try to mediate a outcome that is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME OR THE SUPPORTERS CLUB, I think you have it wrong there. I don't deserve a slur, nor does the supporters club, just asked to do a job, happy to mediate, its not my problem or issue.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Well, I'm not going to comment. You were wrong to get involved, and I'm not the only one who thinks that. You are obviously doing a fantastic job with the supporters club. Why don't you stick to that instead of trying to broker solutions that have nothing to do with you?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Beer anyone?

Whats done is done now....This all boils down to Tads fuse or lack of it and his inability (due to him been the father)to appreciate criticism on here. He is obviously not here to defend himself as he is on holiday but I would be interested to hear his point of view when he returns on here since this is where it all started.

I do think the club needs to understand that the supporters club is run by real supporters and all of which have different opinions and different ways of voicing those opinions - that is what makes a true supporters club. If anything they would do well to dismantle any critism and try to use it when making those big decisions, because I have seen some damn good ideas on here!!

Anyway theres no point carrying on with this subject as it must be getting boring for the majority, lets hope the next post is from Tad himself!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 am

Neil...me get involved ? I was approached by 3 club officials and extended an ear and said I would make a call to trev and try and help to sort out the matter. I was the man in the middle. This has nothing to do with me or the supporters club, which all 3 said, I can only think they came to me as a positive, friendly fan with access to most of the fans. I have got involved with the supporters club for 2 months. I was elected, didn't expect it but was proposed to do it. So in 2 months I have helped set up a great, tight nit committee. I set up away travel to Halifax with the little red bus company. why them ? they help us as a sponsor and most importantly to me, their vehicles can be adapted to assist to accommodate wheelchair fans to get to away games. I don't want to see the lovely female fan we have in a wheelchair shivering on Halifax railway platform last season to get home. I gave her my scarf and I will never forget her smile. I have a real passion for disabled people with my son, as some may know. I got the supporters club a £250 a season sponsor, a new range of merchandise, just proposed hosting a new dedicated website and online shop to benefit everyone, spoke with Gareth Southgate to do a q&a evening to raise funds and would have loved a pre season day out at the seaside for a good laugh, bonding and getting everyone up for the next season. I don't think that is a bad effort in my part time evenings and weekends.

To hear that you and others say I was wrong to "get involved" is very upsetting. I am a true fan, caught in the middle here but I don't need this. "Get Involved ?" Anyone will tell you I was approached and took on board what was said, defended the supporters club and offered to help. I paid £7 for a taxi to my office to get trevors number to try and help all concerned. Why did I bother ?

I therefore resign from my post.

Through this reaction to what I tried to do. Nothing personal, but when you say "others" are not happy, I find that really upsetting. Oh well. I tried my best but It wasn't to be.

Sorry Barry, Harry, Phil, Rob, Gary, Tad and Ged and the Weavers.

Maybe with what I have shown I can achieve, something else may come up at the club that I can throw my full support in to.

See you down the cng one day, don't know when.

OOH TOWN

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:31 am

TheNeil29 wrote:It was a lucky win tonight. Nobody performed amazingly well. The 3 solid performers were Bolder, Merris and Samuels. Nowakowski and Chilaka were shocking tonight. I have nothing against them, but the squad just didnt pass it into Adam's feet hardly, (his first touch was shocking.) he won a few aerial challenges and had 1 shot at goal, apart from that, he done nothing. Chilaka was just ridiculous tonight. He had a few decent first touches, apart from that, he was too slow to the ball, lost just about every aerial challenge and miscontrolled the ball so many times i lost count. These 2 seriously have to step their game up.

We will have to perform a hell of a lot better in the next few games if we are to have any realistic chance of the playoffs, as luck will only get us so far.

Trevdee says Adam played like Zidan you say he was shocking so which one is right? or have i missed something here
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:26 am

I think you will find trevs post laced with a little bit of sarcasm, as per his previous comments on Adam........
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:02 am

Martin L wrote:Neil...me get involved ? I was approached by 3 club officials and extended an ear and said I would make a call to trev and try and help to sort out the matter. I was the man in the middle. This has nothing to do with me or the supporters club, which all 3 said, I can only think they came to me as a positive, friendly fan with access to most of the fans. I have got involved with the supporters club for 2 months. I was elected, didn't expect it but was proposed to do it. So in 2 months I have helped set up a great, tight nit committee. I set up away travel to Halifax with the little red bus company. why them ? they help us as a sponsor and most importantly to me, their vehicles can be adapted to assist to accommodate wheelchair fans to get to away games. I don't want to see the lovely female fan we have in a wheelchair shivering on Halifax railway platform last season to get home. I gave her my scarf and I will never forget her smile. I have a real passion for disabled people with my son, as some may know. I got the supporters club a £250 a season sponsor, a new range of merchandise, just proposed hosting a new dedicated website and online shop to benefit everyone, spoke with Gareth Southgate to do a q&a evening to raise funds and would have loved a pre season day out at the seaside for a good laugh, bonding and getting everyone up for the next season. I don't think that is a bad effort in my part time evenings and weekends.

To hear that you and others say I was wrong to "get involved" is very upsetting. I am a true fan, caught in the middle here but I don't need this. "Get Involved ?" Anyone will tell you I was approached and took on board what was said, defended the supporters club and offered to help. I paid £7 for a taxi to my office to get trevors number to try and help all concerned. Why did I bother ?

Through this reaction to what I tried to do. Nothing personal, but when you say "others" are not happy, I find that really upsetting. Oh well. I tried my best but It wasn't to be.

Maybe with what I have shown I can achieve, something else may come up at the club that I can throw my full support in to.

OOH TOWN

To elaborate on this, I have spoken to Martin via text message this morning, and I have a text to confirm that there are no scapegoats, and this is a personal decision on Martin's behalf.

The fact that he has resigned due to another forum members view is disappointing.

Someone else i'm sure will take over from the current Supporters Club members, as Chairman and carry on the good work. 1 person doesnt make a club, it is the fans that power the club, because with no fans, there would be no club.

Freedom of speech is the most powerful thing in the world.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 am

I hope Martin after a short period of reflection you decide to continue your duties running the supporters club. I've not been involved myself but I know others that have used the service and who have commented what an excellent service it is.

My personal view is that management shouldn't have got you involved in this difficult situation and its quite clear you were only trying to do your best for the club to find a solution. I do wonder whether it proves my point though that a supporters club works best when it is operated independently of club officials who will of course seek to influence certain decisions, etc.

Anyway, interesting to hear all the excellent work you've done in such a short space of time which should be commended. Well done.

Best wishes,

Yown Supporter
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Martin i think you need to reconsider you have driven the supporters club to where it is and have done a fantastic job.

The whole reason I stepped away was to ensure the supporters club wasn't affected by all of this. So Martin stop been daft and get on with what you do best!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 am

Martin L wrote:Neil...me get involved ? I was approached by 3 club officials and extended an ear and said I would make a call to trev and try and help to sort out the matter. I was the man in the middle. This has nothing to do with me or the supporters club, which all 3 said, I can only think they came to me as a positive, friendly fan with access to most of the fans. I have got involved with the supporters club for 2 months. I was elected, didn't expect it but was proposed to do it. So in 2 months I have helped set up a great, tight nit committee. I set up away travel to Halifax with the little red bus company. why them ? they help us as a sponsor and most importantly to me, their vehicles can be adapted to assist to accommodate wheelchair fans to get to away games. I don't want to see the lovely female fan we have in a wheelchair shivering on Halifax railway platform last season to get home. I gave her my scarf and I will never forget her smile. I have a real passion for disabled people with my son, as some may know. I got the supporters club a £250 a season sponsor, a new range of merchandise, just proposed hosting a new dedicated website and online shop to benefit everyone, spoke with Gareth Southgate to do a q&a evening to raise funds and would have loved a pre season day out at the seaside for a good laugh, bonding and getting everyone up for the next season. I don't think that is a bad effort in my part time evenings and weekends.

OOH TOWN

Martin, I am saddened by this news from you. I made my views clear (I hope) last night when we talked and whatever has gone on, it is not your fault that the situation has got to what it is now.

I'm going to attempt to call a meeting of the Supporters Club to see what we can do now. If it can't be held within a reasonable time frame then I'm afraid it's going to fold.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 pm

i hear one of Gloucesters subs who came on was 45 years of age, eat your heart out Ryan Giggs lol!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:30 am

[quote="Dan_Gleebitz"]
    Martin L wrote:

Martin, I am saddened by this news from you. I made my views clear (I hope) last night when we talked and whatever has gone on, it is not your fault that the situation has got to what it is now.

I'm going to attempt to call a meeting of the Supporters Club to see what we can do now. If it can't be held within a reasonable time frame then I'm afraid it's going to fold.

we need to carry it going or it will damage not only the reputation of the commitee but also the club please remember people have paid quite lot of money to become members.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:15 pm