Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Gloucester City v Town

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Gloucester City v Town Empty Gloucester City v Town

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Is apparently off according to the Gloucester fans forum! Yet no announcement on the Town website!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Gloucester City v Town Empty Re: Gloucester City v Town

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Town match off! Confirmed on Sky Sports Score Centre
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Apparently, the pitch at the Corinium Stadium was waterlogged, and the squad only found out when they got down there!! wonder if the FA will refund the team for travel costs?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 pm

listened on the radio and they did mention something about Gloucester having to refund travel costs for the team, not sure how true that is though?

Also mentioned was the point that now it would be a Tuesday night replay, that, in my opinion, is out of order if correct, the home advantage would be huge for the longest trip in the league Evil or Very Mad
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:52 pm

On a more positive note, Redditch, Gainsborough and Hyde all beaten. Vauxhall beat Hyde 1-0, but we have 4 games in hand on them. We are 7 points from safety, but we have a 3 game advantage on Redditch (19th), a 1 game advantage on Gainsborough (20th) and a 4 game advantage on Vauxhall (21st).

We may be 22nd, but 3 or 4 wins out of the remaining 13-14 games would put us right back in the mix to avoid relegation.

I get the horrid feeling it will be a final day dogfight between 2 or 3 teams, including Harrogate.

And according to the fixture list, its a home game against Northwich Victoria. Rolling Eyes
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 am

sulphurite wrote:
    Also mentioned was the point that now it would be a Tuesday night replay, that, in my opinion, is out of order if correct, the home advantage would be huge for the longest trip in the league Evil or Very Mad

Excuse me! But Gloucester City were due in Harrogate last Tuesday evening and will now be at Wetherby Road on Tuesday 20th April.
    I make that the same for both sides.
    Although not 'out of order' it is rather hard for both sides (and supporters) but nothing can really be done about it this season.
    Did you notice that Blyth Spartans went down to Solihull (a bit more than 200 miles) on Tuesday night a week or so ago and that was called off - they will now have to do it again!!
    I have always said that the longest trips a club has to make should be in August/September and March/April when you are not going to get postponements, maybe the league should look into this (but don't hold your breath).
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Townfan wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:

Excuse me! But Gloucester City were due in Harrogate last Tuesday evening and will now be at Wetherby Road on Tuesday 20th April.
    I make that the same for both sides.
    Although not 'out of order' it is rather hard for both sides (and supporters) but nothing can really be done about it this season.
    Did you notice that Blyth Spartans went down to Solihull (a bit more than 200 miles) on Tuesday night a week or so ago and that was called off - they will now have to do it again!!
    I have always said that the longest trips a club has to make should be in August/September and March/April when you are not going to get postponements, maybe the league should look into this (but don't hold your breath).

My opinion is concerned with Harrogate Town, Not any other team and the point was that they will have more of an advantage now that we have (or may have) to travel on a Tuesday night?
    Lets see if the home fixture is on a Tuesday as originally scheduled or if it is moved to a Saturday, thus, given Gloucester a further advantage?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:34 pm

How can it be on a Saturday?
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Townfan wrote:

That would probably mean Glocester would have to play all of their games before October and then after March Wink I have no idea why they are in conf North really.

Its a good point otherwise though.

Pretty sure Harrogate Officials took some stick for a very late postponement of the Workington game (I think) after the team and fans had all arrived in Harrogate, so I dont think the finger can be pointed too much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:29 am