Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

pitch news !

pitch news ! Empty pitch news !

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Ah, it seems Town supporter is an agronomist, our problems solved and he has friends in high places, Jack Frost, St Swithen and Thor
    Come on, sure you are 100% behind the club so get on board we need you this side of the white line, or, go and support another club
    Even if the Weavers went tomorrow they would leave us in a better shape than when they found us, level pitch, improved facilities fit for the Conference and the rest
    trevdee
    trevdee

pitch news ! Empty Re: pitch news !

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Slow down Translator - all these new threads are making me dizzy (you sound like you been overdosing on energy drinks ha!).

For what it is worth, there is only one person on here who doesn't support the current regime (we know who), so don't rise to it....The rest of us just get frustrated with certain decisions sometimes, like every fan at every club and i'm sure it would be the same no matter who was in charge.

Agreed everything is in a far better shape, the pitch is what it is, and we like a grumble at 9am on a Saturday morning when we hear the game is off...Come Saturday evening the majority are rubbing their hands together thinking about the next game....I went to see Guisley today and it was the most dull game I have seen in a long while, the atmosphere was no better..........Give me the thrills and spills of Harrogate Town anyday!!!

pitch news ! Empty energy drinks

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Kimosabe
    You have a point, only involved with the club since 2008 so not in the know with who likes to stick the knife in and only known about the forum recently and the energy drinks are good, very good
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm

As you have been involved with the club since 2008 are you now on here to be the voice of Harrogate Town or just to put your opinion across?

If you are the link then it is worth noting that every close fan of the club would really benefit from a fans forum soon, so we can discuss current topics such as the pitch, general goings on and future plans.

We are in the whole a very noisy bunch but quite easily pleased and the way to do that is very simple - communication!

pitch news ! Empty OB1

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Now you're talking, open it up and let the fans talk and be talked back
    we should try to open up a direct link with the club
    have we got a supporters club?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

If there is it must be a secret club because I haven't come across one. But the links between club and supporters are crucial and can only enhance what is already happening at the club.

Not saying that you do, but if you get a spare couple of hours have a scroll through this forum, there are lots of supporters with some great ideas and we all have one thing in common,we all want the club to be successful...Think you have stumbled across this forum when there is a bit of uncertainty flying around so a direct link will help alleviate that.

pitch news ! Empty supporters club - its official ?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Hey, so if the opinion is to start an official supporters club linked directly with the club then who is up for it?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Well it would be a straight forward concept, but it is finding someone, or some people to run it.....I couldn't find the time to run it, but certainly would help out.......Defiantly would be interesting to hear from some others as to what has been in place in the past.

I googled supporters clubs and this one seems like it is well run:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pitch news ! Empty the challenge

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:41 pm

The challenge is down and on, we need bodies, bodies with time and then it's on because the passion is there, we have a great club house for weekly meets, with enough hands the load can be shared
    Football is not a matter of life and death, ney son it's far more important than that !
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:45 am

translator wrote:The challenge is down and on, we need bodies, bodies with time and then it's on because the passion is there, we have a great club house for weekly meets, with enough hands the load can be shared
    Football is not a matter of life and death, ney son it's far more important than that !

Wish you well translator and if I can help you in any way I would be more than willing - my experience, and it is only my opinion and not directed at anyone in particular, is that there are lots of people who have good ideas about how to take the club forward but they take take time, energy and commitment to make happen. So why not consider holding a meeting of all willing parties who are prepared to make this commitment - I will happily sort out accommodation and tea and biscuits at the hospitality suite with one proviso - attendees have to be willing to commit to making their ideas work as opposed to just passing on to someone else.

The more the merrier affraid

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:51 am

translator wrote:Ah, it seems Town supporter is an agronomist, our problems solved and he has friends in high places, Jack Frost, St Swithen and Thor
    Come on, sure you are 100% behind the club so get on board we need you this side of the white line, or, go and support another club
    Even if the Weavers went tomorrow they would leave us in a better shape than when they found us, level pitch, improved facilities fit for the Conference and the rest

Translator, I'm not sure its for you to decide which football team I support but thank you for your concern. Just to clarify (again) I support everything Irving has done to improve facilities, etc. I do have reservations about how the state of the pitch has been handled and I can assure you there are many other genuine supporters who feel the same. My issue is with the manager - I don't think he's good enough.

Right, might go back into forum retirement, but that was certainly enjoyable. I do hope the forum doesn't become anorher publicity machine for the club as that would be quite dull. Unfortunately I fear that will be the case. Sorry if I've offended any of the regular posters on here. I've enjoyed the banter.

Always a town supporter (sorry translator)

Ps typed this incredibly quickly on my phone so apologies for typo's etc

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Dear Town Supporter
    Thank you, noted, you are I know on board and may be with lots of positives you can help set up the supporters club, what do you say sunbeam?
    We need positive, positive, and more positive +++

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 am

translator wrote:Dear Town Supporter
    Thank you, noted, you are I know on board and may be with lots of positives you can help set up the supporters club, what do you say sunbeam?
    We need positive, positive, and more positive +++

Translator, i'm assuming this is your attempt to suggest I'm not a true supporter should I decide not to get involved? The reality is I have a young family to support and its a struggle enough, financially and otherwise even attending home games. Like many others I expect the wife would take the kids and leave me should I take on the running of the supporters club!

I an in favour of a supporters club (some of the best ones work independently of the club itself, but thats just my view). Phil Harrison did a truly fantastic job running the previous one but I appreciate the demands involved. Come back to me in about 15 years time when the kids have left home (hopefully) and maybe then i'll have a go.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 am

I don't think it is being suggested that you would run the supporters club! Rather that you may be involved! Shocked
    We all have busy lives, but we are on the Forum, so therefore demonstrate an interest.
    I am prepared to help in any way I can.
    Ged, let's have some dates and times, and see if we can at least give it a go!
    Anyone else up for it?
    Actions speak louder than words!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 am

Translaters 'positivity' vibe is already starting to annoy me, give me Town Supporter anyday Smile Also if he has been around since 2008 he should have known we don't have a supporters club! Something a bit fishy methinks Cool
    Phil Harrison ran an excellent (unofficial) supporters club a few years back, and Alan Williams tried launching an official one (remember TOFFS?), that died the death.
    I think pretty well everyone on this forum is highly impressed with the Weaver 'regime', and the changes have been remarkable. I just think a lot of us are pissed off about the pitch situation, and yes it probably isn't anyone's faut, but its unbelievably frustrating supporting a team you can't go and watch...a lot of the posts on Saturday were just frustration and disappointment.

I love Town, I just wanna see them play Shocked Shocked

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

I reckon Translator is secretly Gerard Butler testing out a plot for a new film :

Machine Gun Poster.

S
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 am

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what messageboard you go to (not just football ones), when you get someone as continually negative as townsupporter, you'll get someone who believes it's funny to post an overwhelmingly positive view. And vice versa. However, it normally only happens during school holidays in my experience

Ah well, such is life.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 am

It was probably just Town Supporter's "other" personality trying to jostle out what he really thinks.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Its actually worth picking up Translator' idea that a 'true' supporter only says positive things about the team they support, and never criticises manager, the Board etc. This is plainly nonsense. A few examples from 'big' clubs: the green and yellow campaign against the Glazers at Man Utd (some real United fans even forming their own club), the refusal of Liverpool fans to accept Roy Hodgson as manager: cruel but effective, don't think Ken Bates gets many Christmas cards from Leeds fans, and Warnock is getting stick now (rightly or wrongly). Poor old Rafa is getting it in the neck from Chelsea supporters (his only 'crime' being to accept a job he was offered!) etc, etc. Of course REAL fans can criticise.On the non-league worls what about the shambolic situation at Northwich Victoria?

As it happens we are very lucky to have a decent, level headed, ambitious owner and a manager who is making real progress, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to criticise if we feel its deserved.

Rant over.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what messageboard you go to (not just football ones), when you get someone as continually negative as townsupporter, you'll get someone who believes it's funny to post an overwhelmingly positive view. And vice versa. However, it normally only happens during school holidays in my experience

Ah well, such is life.

believe it or not i'm quite a positive person, for instance, the tie you're wearing today dan looks very smart and i like your new shoes too. That aside, i don't think the manager is very good.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 pm

well we can all see em play at Doncaster and when the pitch is sorted we have a great venue at the CNG to look forward to for the rest of this season

pitch news ! Empty fair comment

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 am

paulstreet wrote:Its actually worth picking up Translator' idea that a 'true' supporter only says positive things about the team they support, and never criticises manager, the Board etc. This is plainly nonsense. A few examples from 'big' clubs: the green and yellow campaign against the Glazers at Man Utd (some real United fans even forming their own club), the refusal of Liverpool fans to accept Roy Hodgson as manager: cruel but effective, don't think Ken Bates gets many Christmas cards from Leeds fans, and Warnock is getting stick now (rightly or wrongly). Poor old Rafa is getting it in the neck from Chelsea supporters (his only 'crime' being to accept a job he was offered!) etc, etc. Of course REAL fans can criticise.On the non-league worls what about the shambolic situation at Northwich Victoria?

As it happens we are very lucky to have a decent, level headed, ambitious owner and a manager who is making real progress, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to criticise if we feel its deserved.

Rant over.
    Good points well made, fair comments and criticisms accepted but suggestions that Weaver picks teams to lose on purpose so we don't go up and that someone intentionally has a bad pitch for a hidden agenda is just a nonsense. What ever money we made from the FA Cup run has gone toward the pitch work since Christmas, the financial bonus has gone on the pitch
    As said already, good points well made

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 am