Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Martin L
TheNeil29
gedmaloney
7 posters

New Manager

New Manager Empty New Manager

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:29 pm

I am a bit thick but wasn't Simon Weaver employed by the previous Chairman, Mr Fotherby?
    Did Simon Weaver get the job because he brought a bag of money to the club or because Bill knows a good prospect?
    If the Town Fan wants Simon Weaver to go why does he want a statue to the man who employed him?
    Yours, Thicko

New Manager Empty Re: New Manager

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 am

Hello translator, you're very excitable aren't you? There's a possibility the post about the statue for bill was intended as a bit of fun, clearly that didn't occur to you. That said, I happen to think he did a tremendous job. Contrary to some people I found him very approachable.

Ps you may have noticed i'be come out if retirement - town supporter is back - hurrah!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 am

Not yet able to pass in to the land of the sand man so your rants amuse me in my state of insomnia
    Mr Fotherby did a great job, has that been questioned ?
    Since you ? - Yes I am excitable or in my world, enthusiastic, glass half full not smashed like some folk
    Glad your out of retirement, en guard, looking forward to the sport but would prefer a friendship, up to you dear heart, want to keep the mask?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:58 pm

translator, please don't do that. by posting a response to this thread, i wrongly assumed that the club was in the process of appointing a new manager. You nearly made by day!

And what's this mask business you keep going on about? I'm surely not required to operate undercover just because I support a change of manager.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Sleep

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

Hmmm, TS, you seem to have a great many views about the club. In the main negative and it appears the Weavers, in particular the gaffer, are not your porcelain of tea.
    Your thread is your mask, take it off, have the gumption to speak your mind as you, who ever you are, look the Weavers in the eye, tell it how it is as you see it and get on with it.Whilst all the other contributors in general have a balanced view, good and constructive criticism all you do is bleat. By the way not annoyed just at a point of tedium with your outlook, life is short sunbeam and far too important to waste, good day and bon voyage
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

In my opinion, I believe Fotherby appointed Simon, in the knowledge that his father is a successful businessman and hoped that he would invest in the club, or it could have been tin the knowledge that maybe he seen Simon as an good candidate, based on his age/wage and his family links. But the only people who know why Fotherby hired Simon are Mr Fotherby and Simon.

Fortunately, Simon's dad has come in, and improved the club beyond all belief in the past 2/3 years, Which I believe that 99.9% of the fans are very much in a debt of gratitude to the Chairman for this.

I am a realist, and believe that whilst Irving is Chairman, Simon will be manager. I'm probably stating the obvious, but thats just the way it is, and the way it will be for the foreseeable future.

Onwards and Upwards.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:19 pm

More sense from Neil. I have followed my club for 38 years and we are in the best shape I have known ever. Harrogate as a sporting town is a tough nut to crack, but we are getting there.

With a professional, commercially minded and well run supporters club, we will make a difference.

Got my scarf and hat on, walking for an hour in the snow to get to tonights meeting, a week after 2 days in hospital after an operation, this club means the world to me.

We have great fans, I hear that when going away, and we are a friendly, well run community club.

As fans, we have the ability to make a huge difference.

If I could be allowed to run the supporters club, my first aim is TARGET 750 - lets get 750 an average home gate with families and friends.

Anyway, lets all keep positive and be careful what we wish for. We are in great shape today, next season and beyond.

OOH TOWN

Martin
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Well said Neil and Martin.
    Irving Weaver is probably the best thing thats happened to this club, and Simon is making real progress as a manager. Its just so frustrating the weather has messed our pitch up and disrupted our season, but no-one is to blame for that.

Still wish we could play our 'home' gaes a bit closer however Crying or Very sad
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm

here here

OOH TOWN
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:32 pm

paulstreet wrote:Well said Neil and Martin.
    Irving Weaver is probably the best thing thats happened to this club, and Simon is making real progress as a manager. Its just so frustrating the weather has messed our pitch up and disrupted our season, but no-one is to blame for that.

Still wish we could play our 'home' gaes a bit closer however Crying or Very sad

This might be of interest to you then......common sense at last!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Brilliant! Well done to all at both HT and York City. Could be a good crowd?
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Never been to Bootham Crescent, so I'm really up for this trip!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 am

YES Smile Thank you Mr. Weaver and team. It makes so much more sense to be playing at York than Donny! I will make every effort to get there, I only have to sit on a train from Headingley (3 minutes from my house) to York, so I don't have much excuse! Bring it on.
    devrede

Post by devrede Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Yeah a big thank you to Irving and all involved at HT. Obviously Yorks Bootham Crescent is the obvious choice, but its not down to Harrogate its down as to whether the potential host club is prepared to accomodate us. Donny stepped forward and now York so massive thanks to both sets of Directors at those clubs, and for the ground work by all at HT. Hopefully there will be a decent crowd at York providing some atmosphere, whilst i suspect the Keepmoat may be a little lacking. However if we come away from both with maximum points I'll be quite happy.
    Count me in for the supporters club cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:03 pm