Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
TheNeil29
michael e
trevdee
JackHTFC
Big Lundy
Martin L
TooManyPies
nobby99
Ball and Socket
BB
Dan_Gleebitz
paulstreet
gedmaloney
17 posters

FA Cup Tickets Part 2

gedmaloney

FA Cup Tickets Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Tickets Part 2

Post by gedmaloney Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 am

In the words of Fred Pontin - BOOK EARLY!!! Was in the office yesterday and tickets were selling like the proverbial hot cakes and estimate that we are now up above 1500 with 2 weeks to go - well done to Charlie in the OFFICE who was there from the crack of dawn - if you know anyone who is going down to the ground for tickets please remind them that it is cash or cheque only and if anyone needs a poster to hang up in the office, factory, gym just pop into the office during the day or befoRe a match and Charlie will provide said posters. KEEP TALKING THIS GAME UP and dont forget FREE tickets are available for the Hinckley game from Charlie in the Office - will keep you abreast of developments on this one but we are already looking at a 1000+ attendance for this game - 2 big attendances before Xmas - please also pray for Dry Weather!!! cheers CUM ON TOWN Smile
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 am

Free tickets for Hinckley? Have I missed something again? Nothing like the word 'free' to get a Yorkshireman's juices flowing....
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 am

No limit on how many F.A. Cup tickets an individual can buy, so if you “trust your mate” send him down to get everyone’s tickets in one go!
    And a few “Match Posters”
    Smile
    “FREE TICKETS” for the Hinckley match!!!!!!
    Shocked

Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

I must have missed the free ticket bit!

Do we just keep our FA Cup stub or do we physically have to pick up a ticket??
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 am

Free entry @ the gate v Hinckley even without a ticket!
    But we are in YORKSHIRE so getting a free ticket “might” guarantee you entry, just in case it’s over subscribed!!!!!!
    Laughing

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Hastings United say they will bring 400 - we need the other 2900 to be right behind the Town - keep persuading your friends and family - YOUR TOWN NEEDS YOU!!
    michael e

Post by michael e Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I received the first letter from Charlie on Mon 12 Nov. As it stated that Season Ticket Holders needed to order/buy tickets before Wed 14 I went to the ground on 12 Nov. Charlie & Ged told me tickets had not been received from the Printers and asked me to return the following day. Due to another commitment I was unable to go back so thankfully Charlie took my money and I collected my tickets (with Seat Nos)on Thu 15. After reading a notice on the Club Site about allocation of Seat Nos I received a further letter confirming the same Seat Nos. The allocation of tickets to this FA Cup tie is something new for the staff at Harrogate Town, and obviously changes have been made when 'potential problems' have been identified. Within such a short time-scale I think that everybody at the Club, especially Charlie, Ged & Kay, have done a tremendous job in selling tickets.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Will any unsold tickets be made available on the day of the match?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 am

Unsold tickets will be available on the day - over 1600 sold and rising and there are some great match posters in the office at the moment - if you can use one in your office, factory, gym etc etc just pop in and pick one up cheers
    michael e

Post by michael e Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Are there any plans to designate turnstiles for 'Tickets Only' and 'Pay-at-the-Gate' entry? This could reduce queueing outside the Ground.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Am away at the moment but be sure this is all in hand
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Ticket office now opens from 8am next week!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Not sure about last date for postal applications?

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Ticket sales so far?

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 am

Inexact science but latest is that ticket sales, including Hastings are approximately 2000 and it appears to have stopped raining though swarm of locusts due to arrive imminently affraid
    Things looking up so hopeful we will get above 2500 on the day - keep persuading those friends.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Mr Maloney, When will we know if there is any availability to pay on the day?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 pm

The queues for the Torquay Cup replay in 2005 were horrendous!
    But it was pay at the gate & 3,300 turning up caught the club out!
    Some Harrogate fans went in the Torquay end to watch the game to save time queuing!
    Having tickets should speed things up @ the turnstiles & I would “suspect” anyone turning up on the day “might” need to get a ticket first from the ticket office before entering through the turnstiles!
    No segregation should also make life easier entering the ground!
    Although the earlier K.O. time might put a few off I can still see a lot turning up on the day for this one!

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:40 am

We have now sold over 2200 tickets for the game and plans are in place to ensure that supporters with tickets will gain quick access to the ground. The bar facilities will be open from 10.30am and bacon butties will be on sale for any early arrivals in the 1919 bar.

I anticipate, unless we sell 3300 tickets, that "on the day" supporter will be able to pay and gain entry on the day and the system will be simple - you pay at a specified "cash" entry gate, you will receive the relevant ticket (historic memento) and the gatemen will keep the relevant stubs to enable accurate reconciliation.

My advice however is, where possible, buy a ticket in advance to help us to help you.

Maybe, after Wembley affraid I will drop everyone a note to explain what has gone into making this game happen, but one small example will serve to make the point - we need to provide Hastings with a reconciliation of attendance and revenue by half time which will necessitate a number of mad keen Town supporters spending most of the 1st half of the game completing this reconciliation. Bear them in mind if you have to queue for a short time to get in - BUYING A TICKET BEFORE THE GAME WILL BE A MASSIVE HELP - as Freddie Mercury would have said at one of our meetings - THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!!!!!!! Cum on Town (tingle down spine!!) cheers

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 am

Ged, you really dont need to explain what has gong into making this game happen, as it is plain for each and every HTFC fan how much the club has changed in the last 2 years. It is become evident to see through the website updates, forum posts and attending home games the amount of effort that has gone into changing the club, at which has enabled the club to progress and make this game happen. I do really feel, that if we can get past Hastings, and pull a big EPL team in the 3rd Round, then big things will happen to HTFC in the next 2 years.

There are too many people to thank, as I know everyone at the club is working extremely hard to make the club a better and more enjoybale place to be, and to make it a profitable business, but I for one, am very confident that we will be a very successful club in the future.

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 am

gedmaloney wrote:We have now sold over 2200 tickets for the game and plans are in place to ensure that supporters with tickets will gain quick access to the ground.

I perishing well hope so!

I've just found out that I have to pick up youngest stepdaughter at noon, get her home (15 minutes) and then walk for half an hour to get to the ground Evil or Very Mad

I am not the happiest of bunnies. I'll miss the bacon butties and will only just have time to get my coffee before the match starts.

Yours sincerely

Victor Meldrew
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Just like to echo Neil's comments, the amount of backstage work so far must have been awesome! Bit of a baptism of fire for Charlie and the others...done brilliantly! More encouraging news re: Saturday, little item in the Evening Post says that an FA delegation were there yesterday and said they thought the game was likely to go ahead, lets hope so Smile

Neil is right, as long as we don't mess up on Saturday (PLEASE!), and get a decent draw third round, we could really get this club on the map.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 pm

We haven’t had an easy game in the F.A. Cup yet this season!
    2 replays & extra time!!!
    And we won’t have one on Saturday either!
    But we have had 100% effort from the players & great vocal support from the fans during every cup game we have played!

j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:02 am

Finally after weeks of trying, work have allowed me to finish early for this game!
    They can only let me finish at 1pm though, meaning I'll be a bit late for kick off,
    If you have a ticket can you skip the queue of people paying at the gate and get straight in?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:38 am

Supporters with tickets will get in quickly - famous last words but we have planned to make it as easy as possible for ticket holders hence why we want as many as possible to buy a tickets.

BUY A TICKET PRE MATCH = FAST TRACK AT DISNEY!! cheers
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Just pulled up some info on their squad.....not a bad lot by the reading of it.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Having watch extended highlights of their 1st round game they look to have some really tricky widemen and are strong down the wings and from set pieces, dont pass it through the middle much from what I saw but their forwards are very good on the ball as well as most of the side being big and strong in the air. This will not be easy by any means!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:21 pm