Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
TheNeil29
michael e
trevdee
JackHTFC
Big Lundy
Martin L
TooManyPies
nobby99
Ball and Socket
BB
Dan_Gleebitz
paulstreet
gedmaloney
17 posters

FA Cup Tickets Part 2

gedmaloney

FA Cup Tickets Part 2 Empty FA Cup Tickets Part 2

Post by gedmaloney Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Just a quick message to confirm that the Club Office will be open on Saturday 17th November prior to the Vauxhall Motiors home fixture, to enable purchase of tickets for the FA Cup tie with Hastings United. Entrance to the Club Office will be via the door on Wetherby Road and will be clearly marked from the outside.
    Opening times are as follows - 1pm until 2.45pm and then from 5pm through until 5.30pm.
    Book early Laughing
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

FA Cup Tickets Part 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Tickets Part 2

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 am

I was there yesterday (season ticket holder) and got ticket number ONE in the stand...should I put it on e-bay??
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 am

paulstreet wrote:I was there yesterday (season ticket holder) and got ticket number ONE in the stand...should I put it on e-bay??

Is that 1 or A1? If it's just 1 then I'm afraid you haven't got a seat.

I've got mine too but I'm in row B. Queue not anywhere near as bad as I was expecting.

Even got me picture took Laughing Hope the boss doesn't find out why I was late in Wink

gedmaloney wrote:Just a quick message to confirm that the Club Office will be open on Saturday 17th November prior to the Vauxhall Motiors home fixture, to enable purchase of tickets for the FA Cup tie with Hastings United. Entrance to the Club Office will be via the door on Wetherby Road and will be clearly marked from the outside.
    Well the entrance was inside the ground when I went to get mine today and as far as I could see, there were no notices up. Hence why I tried the Wetherby Road door first.

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added gedmaloney bit.)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 am

Bit puzzled by this Dan, I asked if I could have a numbered seat and Charlie said they couldn't do that. My ticket (currently at home), definitely says Seated Ticket at the bottom, but doesn't have a numbered seat. You have got me worried now!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 am

paulstreet wrote:Bit puzzled by this Dan, I asked if I could have a numbered seat and Charlie said they couldn't do that. My ticket (currently at home), definitely says Seated Ticket at the bottom, but doesn't have a numbered seat. You have got me worried now!
    Very odd. Two guys came out of the ticket office having bought their tickets and said that you didn't have a choice of where to sit, the seats were allocated. Mine have the seat numbers hand written on and Charlie ticked off a couple of boxes on a form when she'd allocated them.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:34 am

I'll have to phone when I get home, maybe ANOTHER visit to Harrogate to sort it out!
    BB

Post by BB Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Yeah, bit strange, my wife went and got mine (gawd bless ‘er). She phoned to say she’d got them but that you couldn’t choose where to sit and were just given a specific numbered ticket. (I had given her a very detailed drawing of which were to be first choice seats/second choice etc.)

I’m glad she got that bit right, but am disappointed that I’m not going to be sat with the guys I’ve been next to through all the ups and downs of the last 15 years….(I know….I’ll get over it…but still!)

Not sure of the thinking behind us just being allocated tickets. Was it first person gets A1, then A2 etc?….

Any thoughts on why we couldn’t choose? The reasons I can think of is that it would be easier to tick them off on a plan of the stand..…but it’s not exactly rocket science (no offence).

Or is it so that it doesn’t leave odd single seats dotted about. In which case, any groups who buy tickets later would have to sit separately, y’know, like you do at any other event?

Also, like we’ve said, all the regulars will have got their tickets early.

I would much rather that late comers/glory supporters have to sit separately, than me and my son have to sit away from our mates.

Anyway, moan over. But I would really appreciate someone explaining the reason…maybe I’m missing something?

Last edited by BB on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm

I presume that as the pre-match meal for SPONSORS, CORPORATE ENTERTAINING and SUPPORTERS who want to be wined and dined includes a ticket in the stand. Whereby they will be allocated seats before anyone else and will be seated with the Chairman, board members and families and any guests that are invited. I wonder if there will be a big gap in the middle/to the back of the stand before the beginning of each half as at WEMBLEY!!!!?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 pm

paulstreet wrote:Bit puzzled by this Dan, I asked if I could have a numbered seat and Charlie said they couldn't do that. My ticket (currently at home), definitely says Seated Ticket at the bottom, but doesn't have a numbered seat. You have got me worried now!

Paulstreet, I'm assuming you're either seated in the press box with Rob Wilson or in the refreshment box, in which case mine's a cup of tea and a mars bar!!

Last edited by town supporter on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling (again!))
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Got mine - shame you could only get 2 tickets for the stand, means one of my kids misses out. There was hardly a rush. Only ticket no. 42 at 9:45am. No doubt the stand will sell out, but I doubt it'll be a full stadium. I'm making a guestimate of a 2,000 max attendance.

Definitely wanted a seat this time . At the Torquay replay in 2005 - I was standing at the hospital end 4th row back - hardly a great view for someone 5ft 6in - if they want to develop the ground further that's where they need to start. Why redo the terracing on the Wetherby road side which is fine as it is ?

Lot of work seems to be have been done on the pitch - replacement turf etc . Looking good - no doubt until the weekend when it gets a pounding again - I see rain is forecast Sat afternoon Sad
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Got tickets in the main stand (Through my dad!)!!! As much as I love standing usually I dont think I would like to repeat the Torquay experience of having very little room to view in a packed crowd without terracing. Even the Wetherby Road stand is in major need of renewal in my opinion. Interestingly looking at some old maps it seems that the only recognised stand in the ground up to the 70's at least was at the hospital end. Would be nice if they rebuilt the end again but with regular crowds not warranting it I understand why not. Would be great to see a temporary structure there if we were to progress in the cup though!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:52 pm

On the day of the match, will the hospital car park end be open for "advanced ticket holders" to ease the queues at the paying turnstile ?

Bit of an "express admission system" ??????
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:24 pm

A massive game in the clubs History this one!
    Is the capacity for the game less than the Torquay replay?
    Don’t hang around getting your tickets if that’s the case!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shocked
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Definitely should do the Express Admission System. For those who haven't got seats with mates, it might be worth trying to see if anyone is willing to swap.
    Went and got my ticket today (Standing though!) I am unsure about this but I think seats may be sold out. Went in no queue at all except for one chap talking to Weaver (jr!). Very efficient service aswell
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Just for information we are trying to keep everything as simple as possible as the FA requirements for the game read something like War and Peace. Ticket sales went exceptionally well today (estimate over 650 sold on day 1) and would agree that 2000 will be likely attendance unless cup fever takes hold, which hopefully it will.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 am

Don't know if this helps or confuses matters, but I phoned yesterday afternoon and was given an allocated seat number (E31 which I shall defend with my life!). So perhaps worth phoning if you want a numbered seat. And Town Supporter I'm sure Rob would appreciate my words of wisdom as a match summariser! Not sure about the Mars bar, would a chocolate mini roll suffice?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 am

paulstreet wrote:Don't know if this helps or confuses matters, but I phoned yesterday afternoon and was given an allocated seat number (E31 which I shall defend with my life!). So perhaps worth phoning if you want a numbered seat. And Town Supporter I'm sure Rob would appreciate my words of wisdom as a match summariser! Not sure about the Mars bar, would a chocolate mini roll suffice?
    Looks to me like the system changed at some point. You were first in the queue on Tuesday and have E1. I was there on Wednesday and got row B. Wonder if there are any other season ticket holders who don't have a numbered seat and don't read This board? Could be interesting on 1st Laughing

The club has come up with an interesting comment Check your calendar

I thought the tickets went on sale to season ticket holders on Tuesday, not Wednesday. Or was the glitch at the start of Wednesday? Or is someone using next years calander when November 13th IS a Wednesday..... Wink

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:05 am

paulstreet wrote:Don't know if this helps or confuses matters, but I phoned yesterday afternoon and was given an allocated seat number (E31 which I shall defend with my life!). So perhaps worth phoning if you want a numbered seat. And Town Supporter I'm sure Rob would appreciate my words of wisdom as a match summariser! Not sure about the Mars bar, would a chocolate mini roll suffice?

A chocolate mini roll, even better! And E31 - aren't they a boyband?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:09 pm

Can I have your Mars Bar then?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Just for clarification the office team, on the basis of listening to our customer (ie. you!), decided to allocate stand seats to remove any possibility of war on the terraces - the correct decision and with ticket sales now in excess of 1000 it looks like estimates of 2000 may be somewhat pessimistic. Would be really helpful if everyone could keep selling up this game - full house would be fantastic.
    In the fortunate event of a Town victory (don't wish to tempt fate in any way!) we should have all the problems ironed out before Sir Alex visits in Round 3 - don't want to go upsetting the Big Man!!! Wink
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:27 pm

The word on the street……
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    We have been here before…..
    Might need a bigger boat!!!!
    Could be a good idea to get a ticket ASAP for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shocked
    BB

Post by BB Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 am

I’d drafted this post before gedmaloney’s clarification yesterday p.m….but I’ll send it anyway.

Ged..are you saying that between Tuesday p.m and Wednesday a.m enough supporters were saying that we should be allocated seats starting at A1? Couldn’t we have chosen where we’d like to sit?
    …..
    Can’t think of a software issue that prevents seat numbers being hand written on a ticket, but then I’m not much of a computer expert.

Sounds like the system changed from selling a ticket for the stand and you could sit where you want….to giving each ticket a specific seat number.

I guess this means that the corporate area doesn’t need to be roped off.
    But, couldn’t the tickets for the corporate area be put to one side and the rest of us could then choose which seat we bought?

Also, if the tickets for the corporates and hospitality have been kept aside, which they must have – because I assume there is still the opportunity for people to book a meal/ticket combo, what happens to any spare tickets?

Another point… Hastings are charging £12 for their tickets..so does that mean that the only Hastings supporters who will be in the stand will be the corporate guests?

I’d just like to state that none of my comments are meant to be a criticism of the club..they can do what they want…I’m fine with that.... I just sometimes feel the need to query things that don’t seem clear (to me)

Now, moving on to the ticket situation for the next round…this brings me back to a previous email..

Could a ticket be printed, similar to the ones we’ve just bought, which specify that it’s for a home match..with no date/opponent/league or cup.
    It could even have a seat number hand written on it again.

If we get through, and it’s a home match, then we’re ok. If it’s away, then we can keep the ticket for the next home match.

Having said that though, I realise that the price will rise again, so why not charge, say, £25. Which would be for 1 home FA cup match, or 2 home league matches.

Maybe I’m looking for solutions where the club don’t think there are any problems… as long as the ground is full.
    ………………………

Big Lundy…I can’t connect to any of your links…what’s it all about?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:40 am

I'm ok with the way the club's handled it. Not perfect, but what is in hindsight? Decisions had to be made without knowing how much interest there really would be. I think I'd have done the same thing.

I reckon the computer glitch was everyone thinking that the numbers were being printed on the tickets when they weren't - but I'm just guessing (No, I've never had that happen to me Wink )

I'm still very, very nervous about the "assumptions" that we'll be in the next round. It's not until early January (5/6/7) so there's a bit of time....and of course we only have a 50/50 chance of being in it. Hastings will not be pushovers as I've said before.

Let's get this one out of the way before we count our chickens and look forward to an away visit to Dorchester Rolling Eyes
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 pm

I know Ged Maloney, good Irish name that, has mentioned on the Forum that tickets for the FA Cup match are on sale before and after tomorrow's game against Vauxhall Motors. Would it be worth putting it on the Club's website too?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Fair point - I've seen Hastings play on my travels and they are a good team who have already done the business against another team from our division. Easier said than done, but if the management team can convince the lads that we are playing Torquay again, I remain cautiously optimistic - a full house wont half help - massive push tomorrow and we could pass the 1600 mark. Only 2 weeks of sleepless nights!! Shocked
    Just for information we have had some stunning posters printed foc by Harrogate printing - you should see them around and about the Town over the next few weeks and there are rumours that scarves and beanie hats will make an appearance next week and that there will be a small number of shirts available to sell from the office tomorrow but this will be on a first come first served basis.
    1st Dec BRING IT ON!! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:21 am