Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Congratulations

Forever Blue

Congratulations Empty Congratulations

Post by Forever Blue Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Just want to congratulate Harrogate Town FC and all their supporters on a fantastic result and performance today at Torquay, From all the supporters at Chester FC. Good Luck in the draw for the second round hope you get a big League club at home with TV coverage.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Congratulations Empty Re: Congratulations

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Cheers Forever, it's been a long time coming and now into the unknown.

We just need to catch up with the league now - 6 games in hand on Oxford, madness!
    Forever Blue

Post by Forever Blue Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:55 pm

trevdee yes 6 games in hand and the FA Trophy next week. You were my bet to do well this season so far so good, Need to play some more league games though. I think the main problem you will have is your pitch 5 games called off already this season and winter hasn't set in yet. Do you think it will be sorted soon? You don't want to be playing 3-4 games a week at the end of the season.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:45 pm

I think we can be hopeful of a playoff place providing we can get a decent run of games and be consistent, although it is a very very tall order this season given the quality all fighting for that elusive 2nd promotion spot. I can't see you guys dropping too many points and think Brackley will over power most teams so they will stay up there with you, but will fall away a little.

As for the pitch - The club have announced some emergency work to be carried out soon so we all prey it will get us through the winter (as frustrated and as vocal as we have been about the issue we can't really blame the club as they stumpt up the funds to better the ground and level a huge sloping pitch), other than that we will just have to try to deal with what is thrown at us. Luckily we have some very good fringe players out on loan so no doubt will be required to play a part.
    Forever Blue

Post by Forever Blue Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:05 pm

As we had no game (due to some team winning a cup replay) me and about 150 Chester fans made our second trip to Vauxhall Motors this week to see them lose 2-0 to Brackley. It took a goalkeeping howler and a terrible back pass to give Brackley the points. Have to say we were NOT impressed with Brackley, look good on the break plenty of pace but goalkeeper and defence look very slow and static at set plays, easy to see how you beat them 6-1 recently. I think when they play more of the better sides they will drop points. Play off at best for them. Need to sort the ground out as it's not up to BSP standard looking at photos not sure it's up to BSN standard. I will be very surprised if you were not in the playoffs this season.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Thank you very much for the positive comments. My only concern is that even if the work that is going to be undertaken on the ground resolves the current issues, we still have the backlog of fixtures.

Realistically, due to this, I dont think it will be the playoffs for HTFC this season, but next season, if we keep the main core of this squad, and once the pitch is settled, I do believe we will make a real run for an automatic promotion spot.

I do believe that you will go up in one of the automatic promotion positions, as you have such a strong squad and an awesome fan base.

I wish Chester FC all the best for the rest of the season, and I look forward to visiting your Stadium, and also welcoming you to Wetherby Road.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:55 pm