Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Adam Bolder

Big Lundy

Adam Bolder Empty Adam Bolder

Post by Big Lundy Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Adam Bolder Empty Re: Adam Bolder

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 am

I am absolutely amazed at this signing. This will make the other teams in the BSN sit up and take notice of what Town are trying to achieve.

Well done to Simon Weaver on this signing.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 am

First read about this in the Non-League Paper yesterday, as Neil says a remarkable signing...look at his Wiki entry if you don't believe me. He is still only 31 (32 in October), so is hardly nearing the end of his career or anything. All credit to Simon for getting such quality players to sign up for a BSNorth team. He certainly looks more than an adequete replacement for Kris Gate.

Sorry to sound like a stuck record (remember them?), but we still, I feel, need a 'star' striker.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:41 pm

It still leads me to believe that if we are managing to attract a player of Adam's calibre, he is surely paying him more than what Brayson was on?

I'm still bemused at the fact that he has apparently turned down a number of Full Time offers in order to move to Harrogate Town. All I can think is that he is focusing on his career outside football, and has decided that Harrogate Toown offers him the best of both worlds.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:53 am

Yes, presumably many players (unless those in the Premier league who have earned enough not to have to worry about such matters!) have to start thinking about their longer term futures when age 30/31 comes along. Pure speculation but maybe Bolder is pursuing a future career but still wants to play at a decent level. Still, says something for Simon's powers of persuasion to get him to come to Town.
    Kris Gate is apparently taking a plumbing course so maybe needed to be based nearer the college (or whatever) in the north east.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 am