Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Keep calm and pass to Bolder

Keep calm and pass to Bolder Empty Keep calm and pass to Bolder

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:01 am

As I mentioned before, the best way to increase attendances is to consistently win your home games and play attractive football whilst doing it. Easy I know but that’s the reality. Do that and whatever the initiatives that are in place (and however commendable and worthwhile they may be), attendances will increase. I see no reason why we can’t achieve 600 plus on a regular basis. That’s a realistic target for this season and we’ve got the players to achieve that.

I also support the management's decision to field the same team that made such an impressive start in the first game. Clearly the performance against Vauxhall wasn’t good enough, which I imagine will result in a couple of changes against north ferriby. Most important lesson learnt was hopefully that there’s a need to play players in their preferred position. It doesn’t matter whether it’s the conference north or the premiership, playing players in unfamiliar positions rarely works. The thing I can’t understand about Nowakowski playing upfront, is that the club has assembled a strong squad and it was unnecessary to do this. I remember Aspin occasionally playing Hume upfront, but I saw this more due to a shortage of options in attack, not helped by Kirk Jackson’s 1 goal in 10 games goal ratio!

For a change (you may want to sit down for this bit Ged) I’m still fairly optimistic about the season ahead. 4 points from 2 games including a win away to Oxford is not bad if you ask me. The fact that we can grumble about a 1-1 draw at home to Vauxhall shows that things are improving. In the meantime though, I’m thinking I might buy a t-shirt to give to Adam Bolder, similar to the one worn by Berbatov, reading ‘keep calm and pass to me’. He can unveil this to the fans next time he scores another thunderbolt strike from the edge of the box.
    TheNeil29

Keep calm and pass to Bolder Empty Re: Keep calm and pass to Bolder

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:16 am

TS. Cant really disagree with this. What disappointed me the most is that Vauxhall were there for the taking. I, and several fans around me noticed after 15/20 minutes of the first half that the Nowakowski up front experiment was not working, I could see why Simon implemented it initially, but when it wasnt working, he should have changed it straight away. He also played Worsfold on the wing, when that isnt his natural posiiton. He didnt really have much of an impact either, but I cant fault him, or Adam as they were played out of position.

Then in the second half, our midfield just went missing and invited Vauxhall to attack constantly, and they deserved their equaliser.

When is Simon going to realise that to get the best out of your squad, you play the players in their natural positions, and only amend it when there is no other option. He plays Merris in his correct posiiton, he is Mr Consistent, he players Bolder in his correct position, he is also Mr Consistent, he plays Killock in his correct position, and he is top class.

See where I am going with this? Its not hard to figure out, and I have no managerial experience!!

I am disappointed as it should have been 3 points, and we should now be sat on 6 points now, not 4.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Agree with both of these postings. There isn't much wrong (and on Saturday morning I'd have settled for 4 points out of 6), just (sorry to repeat myself) pick the best players and play them in the right positions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:00 am