Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
sulphurite
HTAFC Press Officer
Harry Gate
Smelemon
j2021
Dan_Gleebitz
TheNeil29
Innocent Bystander
ChrisM
13 posters

Cookie to Universitario

ChrisM
    ChrisM

Cookie to Universitario Empty Cookie to Universitario

Post by ChrisM Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Joining up with ex team mate Nobby Solano...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wow!
    Innocent Bystander

Cookie to Universitario Empty Re: Cookie to Universitario

Post by Innocent Bystander Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Sorry to see Mark Cook go - great goalkeeper

Lima, June 14. - The England goalkeeper Mark Cook, 23, played at the Sports University of Peru, having accepted a proposal by the coach of that team, Nolberto Solano. Cook has a good relationship with Solano, whom he met in the bottom of Newcastle English and then met in the Second Division Hartlepool England, which facilitated the deal, said the coach. Solano said the goalkeeper decided to accept the proposal with the intent to further his career and will be responsible for replacing the national goalkeeper Luis Llontop, who has suffered a serious injury. EFE.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:34 am

I am absolutely shocked at this, as he had agreed terms for the season. But obviously, he want to go onto bigger and better things, so good luck to him.

I wonder who they will sign in his place? Chris Elliott isnt up to scratch just yet.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 am

Is this just for a month? Google has translated Cookie's link and it appears that their No 1 will be out for a month.

But as usual, Google translate is very hard going - anyone understand Spanish?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Gutted about this news, one of the best keepers in the BSN, will be hard to replace, lets hope Weaver already has a replacement lined up!

Nothing against Cooky though, Sounds like a big club he's joining, Good luck to him!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Does anyone know if this is a permanent transfer, or just a month?
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Denied on the offical website, who knows!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Do you have the link to this? I looked on the club website and couldnt find it.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm

The translation, to my knowledge, as I am fluent Spanish:

As never before happened, an English footballer played in Peru. Yes, Mark Cook, keeper of 23 years of age is the 'pull' star will bring Nolberto Solano to strengthen the defensive end of the 'U'.

The team coach has announced yesterday that they are very close to finalizing their arrival in the need for a goalkeeper of expeence. And is that Luis Llontop has for a month of recovery.

'Ñol' Cook knows well: it is that shared training at Newcastle, where the goalkeeper was one of the best values ​​of the English club's youth team. Later, 'Ñol' see him again in the Second English Hartlepool, where Cook made ​​the most of his career.

The great leap. The British decided to come because of the respect he has for now coach merengue. It would also be his first international experience and would boost his career, which began in 2008. Cook arrive in the coming days, but only begin to address the August 1, when reopening the pass book.

Basically, it is stating that he is travelling out in the next few days, and will sign, but whether it is permanent or not, who knows?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Its on our official website, where they are denying it,

Heres the link; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 am

TheNeil29 wrote:The translation, to my knowledge, as I am fluent Spanish:

As never before happened, an English footballer played in Peru. Yes, Mark Cook, keeper of 23 years of age is the 'pull' star will bring Nolberto Solano to strengthen the defensive end of the 'U'.

The team coach has announced yesterday that they are very close to finalizing their arrival in the need for a goalkeeper of expeence. And is that Luis Llontop has for a month of recovery.

'Ñol' Cook knows well: it is that shared training at Newcastle, where the goalkeeper was one of the best values ​​of the English club's youth team. Later, 'Ñol' see him again in the Second English Hartlepool, where Cook made ​​the most of his career.

The great leap. The British decided to come because of the respect he has for now coach merengue. It would also be his first international experience and would boost his career, which began in 2008. Cook arrive in the coming days, but only begin to address the August 1, when reopening the pass book.

Basically, it is stating that he is travelling out in the next few days, and will sign, but whether it is permanent or not, who knows?

I hope this is a wind-up The Neil. Because that's word for word the google translate version. And it's gibberish.

All the website says is that Mark Cook is contracted to us and the club hasn't been contacted. Doesn't say that he wishes to deny it does it? Which is worrying.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:27 pm

It's worrying indeed, losing players like Picton Pell and now apparently Cookie, really need some reassuring from the club that a strong squad is still being built. Anxious but exciting times for Town
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:The translation, to my knowledge, as I am fluent Spanish:

I hope this is a wind-up The Neil. Because that's word for word the google translate version. And it's gibberish.

All the website says is that Mark Cook is contracted to us and the club hasn't been contacted. Doesn't say that he wishes to deny it does it? Which is worrying.

No, it is not the google version. I did translate it myself, but referred to a translation website for a few words and put them in. I am aware that it doesnt make sense, but dont forget, it came from Uruguay, and they are not known for their Spanish skills. I am fluent in Spanish, not Uruguyan.
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Peru mate.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Peruvian then, whatever really.

If he goes, he goes. If he doesn't, then it's a bonus, isn't it.
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:47 pm

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Wonder who will replace him?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Nothing on the Club site about it though. Apart from that denial in June.

A bit nervous as he was a real "find" and will be hard to replace I suspect.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi guys,

Haven't got round to doing the site as yet as on holiday and Internet access a bit hit or miss. I have spoken to Simon however in an effort to keep you all update and the message is no deal has been placed or reached at present, so Mark is still a Town player.

Cheers,

Pete
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 pm

It does sound like a deal will be done, and as he is contracted to Town we should be able to command a fee for Cookie. As the team he may move to is proffesional and at a high level (in Peru!) this could be a fair amount too, just don't let him go for nothing please.
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:33 pm

He hasn't left for nothing. I'm sure Harrogate will make it public when the paperwork is finalised.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Well Harry, as you're his father/brother (sorry, not sure which) I guess you'd know better than most.

Does Mark speak Spanish?

So a bit of money for Town. But a problem...who in goal now?
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:27 pm

He can't even speak English let alone Spanish.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:31 pm

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:Hi guys,

Haven't got round to doing the site as yet as on holiday and Internet access a bit hit or miss. I have spoken to Simon however in an effort to keep you all update and the message is no deal has been placed or reached at present, so Mark is still a Town player.

Cheers,

Pete

Explain this then:

And it doesn't look photo shopped to me.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

The simple fact is that in order for a player to move, then paperwork needs to be filed with the club he is leaving, the conference, the FA and in this case FIFA and the international clearance department, the peruvian FA and the buying club. That paperwork then needs confirming by all the parties involved.

Harrogate Town AFC have received no paperwork at present.

It doesn't stop a player from travelling and picking up shirts etc, it just means at the moment, he is still contracted to the original club.

As stated, more than once, if there is any update it will appear on the official website.

Cheers,

Peter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 pm