Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Outside View

crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Outside View Empty Outside View

Post by crowbar6753 Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:19 pm

I am a keen follower of Harrogate Town and always watched home games and some away games, i have since moved to Canada and have been here for 4 years now. I really miss watching town and still cherish some great memories over the years.
    I follow this site with interest as well as rising extremely early every Saturday morning to follow all the soccer news from England (Dam that 7hr time difference Evil or Very Mad ) and i still always anticipate the town score and hope for a win and maybe a trip to the promised land of the conference or even the football league.
    Alas, over the four years i have been away everything has seemed to go pear shaped and the club and supporters seem to have lost interest. Everything was going so well then Aspin left and we got Mr Weaver involved and the rest is history.
    From an outside perspective, Mr Weaver senior seems to be moving the club in the right direction laying down solid foundations and moving the club in the right direction Smile . But you then have the flip side and Mr Weaver Junior who seems to be doing his best to ruin the whole club Mad . A successful team is built around a small core of players who gel and bond together and get to know each others moves as second nature, along with any half decent manager with a little bit of tactical know-how and good man management skills and you have the recipe for a good team capable of challenging for success.
    Mr Weaver Junior has been given chance and is clearly not up to it.
    Common sense must prevail and he must be replaced. For the good of the club, even if it means losing all the money and rebuilding in a lower league. Many a team have gone down a league and have come back much stronger and all the better for it.
    Good luck for Saturday, i hope town win, but half of me wants town to go down so our manager has no option but to leave.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Outside View Empty Re: Outside View

Post by paulstreet Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Interesting comments from many miles away. Hard to disagree, except that, unfortunately, even if we DO go down the manager will doubtless stay, because dad holds the purse strings! Nightmare eh?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:53 am