Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
fruedshamster
Dan_Gleebitz
j2021
sagalout
Big Lundy
9 posters

***Guiseley***

Big Lundy

***Guiseley*** Empty ***Guiseley***

Post by Big Lundy Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:20 am

Actually walked out of the ground after the game on Monday embarrassed to be wearing the club colours!!!!!!
    Sad
    The match followed a similar pattern to previous, plenty of possession 1st half but without the oppositions keeper being tested!
    Then the second half like you were having to stand still & let a dog piss on your leg!!!!!
    You can have all the effort & commitment in the world (if you are lucky) but if there is no end product you are screwed!!!!!!
    The vocal support from the Town fans was non existent!
    Mainly because there were not actually many there & there was nothing to shout about!
    But this scenario has happened in the past but never, never has the crowd been so quiet!!!!!
    Our support never used to be as shite as this!!!!!
    Embarassed
    Most fans will avoid the embarrassment of a repeat performance by not even bothering to travel to Nethermoor on Sunday!
    But that is not an option for some of us; we’ve still hundreds of miles to travel this season watching this!!!!
    Shocked

sagalout

***Guiseley*** Empty Re: ***Guiseley***

Post by sagalout Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:51 pm

We went to the bar when the 4th one went in.

As I've said before there's just too many players coming in and out. Just don't feel like I know the team or have any connection to it anymore - feels like watching 2 random sets of players as a neutral.

This is the first season I've stopped going to every home game. Actually missed the last 2 by choice, and looking at yesterday I think I'll be missing quite a few more in 2012. Its a shame as I enjoy spending a bit of time with my old man, but its just painful to watch, and theres no light at the end of the tunnel. You'd have though Weaver would have learned from last season, when a settled team towards the end of the season resulted in a good run, but now we're just back to where we started 3 seasons ago.

j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Yep, pretty much agree with everything said, was a poor performance, yes, we had a lot of possession but did nothing with it and had no ideas!

In my opinion, the players we brought off the bench were better than the players that started the game, still cant for the life of me understand why Elam doesn't start games! when he came on he got deliveries into the area and set up a few chances, which is what a striker like Brayson needs, he needs to be given opportunities to score but we create nothing with no width, so no crosses into the area for a poacher like Brayson and for the height of Turl to be threatening!

Also another thing I don't understand at all, Jake Picton, one week he's captain and regularly starting, and in my opinion playing really well!!! to been stripped of the captaincy and on the bench the week after, seems seriously harsh on him!

Also I thought starting with two centre half's that are coming to retirement age, who have a lack of pace, especially Heckingbottom who I don't rate too highly, and then 2 players in central midfield who are very defensive in Brough and Bloomer, I quite like the look of Brough though but there is no one creative in that midfield at all and Tait just looked poor, where are the chances for strikers going to come from !!! no where!!!

One good point, the players that came on Allan, Elam and Beesley looked pretty good to me, I reckon a Brayson and Allan partnership would be pretty decent, with Beesley coming off the bench Wink AND ELAM STARTING!

and 1 more thing :/ why does Simon seem to play Turl and Brayson almost on the wings, Turl is clearly never a winger (more a target man) and Brayson needs to be in the box to put chances away!!!!
    Very, very poor tactics from Simon !
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

The majority of the staff & players get paid but the clubs volunteers don’t!
    They put many hours of unpaid work into the club each season & it’s been very disheartening for them to see the supporters turning their back on the club!
    Their numbers have diminished significantly in recent years!!!
    Mainly due to old age & health reasons rather than lack of interest!
    Without them & without the supporters you don’t have a club!

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 am

I felt really bad about having to miss this game (family, tile etc) bit reading on here and the official match report, I'm glad I didn't go. As, I suspect are a lot of others.

So, what difference have the latest round of new signings made???

EDIT - Crowd of 661, how many did Guisely bring?
    fruedshamster

***Guiseley*** Empty re : guiseley

Post by fruedshamster Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:35 am

Big Lundy wrote:The majority of the staff & players get paid but the clubs volunteers don’t!
    They put many hours of unpaid work into the club each season & it’s been very disheartening for them to see the supporters turning their back on the club!
    Their numbers have diminished significantly in recent years!!!
    Mainly due to old age & health reasons rather than lack of interest!
    Without them & without the supporters you don’t have a club!

thats a great point, so many people putting time and effort in. From what I have heard, most of the coaching staff are volunteers and even the assistant manager only gets expenses. Seems everything goes on the players and they might want to remember that when they dont give it a decent fight
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:35 am

Can't add a great deal to this: the cast changes but the play remains the same! We at least shared possession the first half but did nothing with it, Turl (why, oh why, is he still being picked...not up to it Simon!) missed a good chance, but the second half they carved us open like a knife through butter. One of many days where you felt the game could be still be going on and we would not have scored. If Brayson doesn't score nobody else is going to! Although I do agree that Beezley looked quite promising when he came on, deserves a start on Sunday, mind you thats not saying much!

Picton's treatment does seems bizarre (and very unfair), he even contributed the Captains Page to the programme and apparently still thinks we can reach the play offs Surprised Next year in the Evo-Stik perhaps Jake!

All incredibly depressing: I know what Blackburn Rovers fans must feel like Shocked No vocal support from the fans because the team never gives us anything to get excited about. Tempted to print these comments off (all from loyal fans who have travelled hundreds of miles supporting the team) and send them off to Mr. Weaver.

I hope you will all come to the Fans Forum with polite but TOUGH questions/comments.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:56 pm

i'm sorry to say it again!!It doesn't matter how much money ,going full time,or
    using half the players in the north.Weaver will never be a manager whilst he's
    got the proverbial hole in his arse!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Thats The problem. We sit here blaming Weaver. But what can we do really? If Simon goes Irving goes. But I dont know if I care about off the field anymore because at the end of the day its on the field what matters.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:36 pm

You are spot on JackHTFC!At the end of the day we are going to watch are local football
    team.Not to see if we are the richest club in the league.All we ask is for a half decent team
    that gives 100% every week and players we can recognise and name!!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:33 pm

I think we're overdue for a manager's word on the official website, I'd love to read what Simon has to say about all this, or should I say the excuses he has to give. Truly losing my patience with Weaver, nothing he is doing seems to benefit us on the pitch Neutral we cant keep losing matches, I go into matches expecting to lose nowadays Sad The Evo-Stik league will be our fate if things don't change
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:00 pm

I think there will be a few questions asked at the fans forum...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:55 am