Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Man City 3 Town 2

Man City 3 Town 2 Empty Man City 3 Town 2

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:13 pm

What a game again but such a harsh result for Town.

The pitch was premiership standard, new paint everywhere round the stands, hoardings with etihad and man city logos prominently displayed. I really thought we might get turned over given omens But we were sharp right from the kick off, looked dangerous, closed them down, quietened the crowd and really were looking good value to go in at half time 2-1 up. They had two efforts on target and scored both.

I was fearful of the second half as they had made it 2-2 right before the interval so went in with some momentum, but again we came out a passed it, had plenty of good spells. However, at the start of the 5 minutes of added time the ref gave a penalty. Couldn't see whether it was inside or outside the box, but their guy went down very easily but I suppose that is the influence of professionalism for you. Would have taken it had it been the other way.

No doubt when I see a match report on a Hyde site, they will say they dominated and thoroughly deserved their win. However, don't believe a word of it, we gave them a real fright today. To go to both Stalybridge and Hyde but come home with nothing and see two injury time sickeners if tough to take.

S.
    Robin Friday

Man City 3 Town 2 Empty Re: Man City 3 Town 2

Post by Robin Friday Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:43 pm

slicker wrote:No doubt when I see a match report on a Hyde site, they will say they dominated and thoroughly deserved their win.
    Not from me. Best team we've played, which makes the fact that we nicked it at the end all the more satisfying. We could easily have come away with nothing today.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:52 am

Didn't go in the end (feeling a bit under the weather), but could hardly believe it when the 3-2 score line came up, after being 2-1 ahead. These late goals against us are getting hard to take. Hard to criticise anyone really, except maybe the players really do need to remember that games last 95 minutes these days! One other point: we really do need to put teams away when we are on top, so that we have a couple of goals cushion. Starting on Saturday please?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:27 am