Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Starting XI for Saturday

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Starting XI for Saturday Empty Starting XI for Saturday

Post by paulstreet Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:54 pm

OK guys this is it, time to come off the fence and name your starting XI for the Alty game with reasons!

I'll start off.
    Cook
    Bloomer, Picton, Pell, Elliot
    Ross, Tait, Wilson
    Turnbull
    Brayson, Turl

Bench: Elliot, Nowakowski, Heckinbottom, Allan, Hardy

Tough on Heckinbottom but I think Elliot gives us attacking options, Bloomer, I feel. deserves his chance ahead of Wright, midfield picks itself, I'd play Turnbull just ahead of the other three. No really great choice to accompany Brayson, but Turl gives us some height and strength. Allan and Hardy are on the bench if necessary.
    j2021

Starting XI for Saturday Empty Re: Starting XI for Saturday

Post by j2021 Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Didn't see the game last Saturday due to work so dont know who Turl is but my line-up would be,

Cook
    Bloomer, Pell, Picton, Radcliffe
    Ross, Tait, Wilson
    Turnbull (Not played as a left winger!)
    Brayson, Allan

Subs: Elliot, Wright, Heckingbottom, Nowakowski, Hardy

Again agree with paul, tough on Heckingbottom, but we need at least some sort of width in the team and Radcliffe will try give us a bit getting up and down the left, Havent been impressed with Wright yet during pre-season so i'll stick Bloomer in there cos he solid but would really like a more attacking right back in there. Gone for Allan up front alongside Brayson cos i think hes looked decent the couple of times hes been brought on in pre-season, linked with Brayson well and grabbed an assist from a flick on and played well vs blackburn made a few nice runs and looked up for it.

Would love to have some wingers to put in my line-up though!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:08 pm