Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Comings and Goings...

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Comings and Goings... Empty Comings and Goings...

Post by sulphurite Fri May 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Well, goings so far:

Steve Bowey, Gary King and Craig James will not be staying. So far Mark Cook, Liam Hardy, Adam Nowakowski and Jake Picton have accepted terms for the forthcoming season.

Mixed thoughts about this myself, thought James did OK when given games.

The retained players are decent, hopefully Liam Hardy will get a real chance to prove himself this time.

Really hope Armstrong re-signs and builds on last season. Would like to see Steve Gardner, Wayne Philips, Dom Roma and Ciaran Toner retained too, but can only hope.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Comings and Goings... Empty Re: Comings and Goings...

Post by JackHTFC Fri May 13, 2011 9:19 pm

It's a shame to see Bowey leave. But maybe he's getting a bit old now. He was always the player that would come and have a chat.

I hear Scooby and Chib have been released by their clubs. And town have been linked with a or a couple of Blyth players.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Weaver has done exactly what i would've done to be fair to him, Yeah Bowey seemed like a bit of a character but i think on the pitch he is slowly starting to decline, Gary King didnt look upto it from what i saw of him, and craig james was a tough one, did pretty well insome games but could be a liability in others so probably the right decision, as long as we bring in somone thats better than him!

Great to see jake signing on! looks a cracking defender Smile

Would be great to get Armstrong re-signed! along with these Wayne Philips, Dom Roma and Ciaran Toner , they have been vital for us this season, Roma has been outstanding, at RB and LB!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 am

So, Harrogate Town are believed to be keen to prise top-scorer Paul Brayson and midfield pair Stephen Turnbull and Neal Hookes away from Blyth Spartans?

Still a rumour yet, however maybe with a little substance as we do have history with trying to sign Brayson previously?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brayson and Armstrong up front, that could be a killer partnership.

I know nothing of the Two midfielders, anyone have any info?

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat May 14, 2011 3:33 pm

More talk from Weaver including determination to sign Chilaka [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:16 pm