Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Comings/Goings Topic

Chips97

Comings/Goings Topic Empty Comings/Goings Topic

Post by Chips97 Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:45 pm

First signing for our first ever season in the EFL announced.

Connor Kirby from Sheffield Wednesday, central midfielder; I think he'll suit us perfectly a young player with League 2 experience who'll be keen to keep progressing. Seems to be Simon's favourite sort of signings over recent years. Thoughts?

Also thought we could use this topic to discuss all the signings and departures...
    Crossan

Comings/Goings Topic Empty Comings/Goings topic

Post by Crossan Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Two new signings now, the young mid-fielder from Sheffield Wednesday was the first and the Centre Back from Wrexham the second signing.  The young lad from Sheffield appears to be highly thought of by the fans there, so I look forward to seeing him, whenever that may be!!!!

The Centre Back at 6ft 4ins will add extra height to the team, we are short of defenders, the four that played at Wembley are all we have.  Perhaps Simon will be after another defender to add to the squad.

We certainly have good cover for strikers and midfield but the squad needs to be stronger for Division 2.
    BB

Comings/Goings Topic Empty Re: Comings/Goings Topic

Post by BB Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:17 pm

The new signings look good.

I hope the players who got us to the playoffs and promoted will be given a few games to see if they can cut it, before they get sidelined.

Anyone know why Brendan wasn't in the playoff squad, was he injured? He'd been a big part of our success and didn't get on the bench whereas Joe, no offence, had been deemed superfluous to needs but then got on the bench. Also, would have thought that Jack could have been given a run out, just to say he'd played at Wembley.

Having said that, and not wanting to appear negative, congratulations to everyone involved with the club.

I remember commenting when Simon and Irving first took charge that we were boarding a rollercoaster and to sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:59 pm

I think Joe's inclusion in the subs reflected Simon's concern about the lack of defensive options. If one of the central defenders had been injured Warren would have taken his place with Joe, who had played some games at left back while out on loan,taking over from him. Brendan had, for whatever reason, lost his early season sparkle and his starting place in the team to the revitalised George Thomson. He could have been the ideal sub to come on late in the game at Wembley if we had been losing but happily that never happened.
    Crossan

Comings/Goings Topic Empty Comings/Goings topic

Post by Crossan Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:52 am

Agree with your comments Wetherby Mike concerning the inclusion of Leesley on the bench for the final, I did hear that Keirnan had picked up an injury??

We now have two central defenders signed so we have decent cover, thought we could do with cover for the left back position as Smith was let go and although a very good utility player I don't think left back is Burrell's best position.

Looking forward to the new season, but when will we get to see our team in action??
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:12 pm

The additions are in the places where we needed them so well done Simon and the management team. Brendon didn't look too fit tbh when saw him on tv but that maybe because of an injury but he really only played as much as he did during the season because of Thomsons injury.
    Will be interesting to see how Brendon and Leesley fare in pre season and whether they can force their way into Simons plans and/or they are willing to be squad players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:17 pm