Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
HTFCalex
YoungStato123
Big Red Machine
sulphurite
8 posters

Town v Nuneaton

TheNeil29

Town v Nuneaton - Page 2 Empty Re: Town v Nuneaton

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:40 am

On this occasion, I would have to agree with Fred on the fact that when I seen him in a Harrogate shirt, he was always a class above anyone on the pitch.

In this case, he got his break at Bradford, and good luck to him. It will be interesting to see of Bradford renew his contract, as his original contract was only for 10 months.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Town v Nuneaton - Page 2 Empty Re: Town v Nuneaton

Post by sulphurite Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 am

Fred wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:Harrogate 0 Nuneaton 0

However I see Dave Syers has scored for Bradford again..... Why are we unable to keep good players?

You can't work this out?

It is totally unrealistic to expect Town to 'hang-on' to a player like Dave Syers.

Any young player performing well at a non-league club is bound to attract attention.

It would be completely wrong for Town or any non-league club to stand in a players way if he had the chance to move into league football.

Dave Syers has been in full-time education for several years and seems to have made a decision to keep a football career on hold. Now he is no longer studying he has been able to try his hand as a professional.

Good luck to him I say.

Cheers

Fred

Can you work this one out:

My point was, he and others have left or been released to other clubs i.e Syers went to Guiseley BEFORE Bradford picked him up, so WHY can't we hold onto good players rather than letting them go to other clubs in our league OR leagues below us?

I fully support any player going to clubs in a higher division but don't have the ability to keep others who in my opinion have not been given enough of a chance under Weaver.

Cheers

Sulphurite

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:49 am