Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Johnny
sulphurite
Big Red Machine
YoungStato123
8 posters

Match Thread! Blyth Spartans (Away)

Johnny
    Johnny

Match Thread! Blyth Spartans (Away) - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread! Blyth Spartans (Away)

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Sonny Bradley sent off!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Match Thread! Blyth Spartans (Away) - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread! Blyth Spartans (Away)

Post by sulphurite Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Not again.......

Got to learn not to give away games, may well have not bothered traveling and give Blyth 3 points.

Last edited by sulphurite on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Sonny Bradley sent off and Penalty to Blyth!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm

bugger 1-0 blyth
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Deary me, whats with this guy and his bad tackles? Fustrating.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Apparently "Bowey is now walking a tightrope" .. Shocked
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Anything happening...its all going so quiet!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Bowey almost red carded, they now have a free kick on the edge of the area, almost another penalty. Embarassed
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Sounds like another Halifax, losing the plot Crying or Very sad
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Our passion perhaps backfiring a little? Sounds a lot like Halifax!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Armstrong hit the post! Sad
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Your joking me Sad
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Doesn't matter now, it's all over. Another defeat.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Are 5th defeat losing by 1 goal, real unlucky Mad Roll on Alfreton!
    HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Post by HTFCalex Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Listened to the game we were very unlucky to
    not get a point, we dominated the last 10 minutes. Sonny had no choice for the sending off they'd got in behind from a long ball. Very frustrating on the whole need a new striker by sat.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 pm

We really need to start picking points up again. Some teams have 5 games in hand and all it needs is some to start winning runs and were right back in the relegation zone, again!
    Hakim

Post by Hakim Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am

As a Blyth lad watching the game last night, I have to say I was disappointed with your showing.

With Bowey, Armstrong, Foster, Ellington, Phillips, etc you should be much better, but you are certainly not playing as a team, every misplaced pass is met with arm waving gestures and the players having a go at each other (hardly a cohesive unit) and the lack of discipline was also worrying.

The sending off was unfortunate (but deserved), a diagonal ball over your left centre back towards the left back (which we seemed to do about 30 times each time with success) found our forward who nodded the ball past Bradley and then ran across the defender, so the penalty and the sending off were envitable.

It was the other "tackles" that would concern me, Bowser (who looked all of his 36 years old as he got a bit of a lesson until the last 15 minutes, when he became immense) would have been sent off on any other night for the pull back on Brayson. The nr 3 (James?) should have been sent off for a tackle which looked as bad as the one on the unfortunate Hardy a couple of weeks ago (the lad only got spoken to as well!) and there was also a few other slightly naughty tackles flying in, but it more cynical and nasty than strength and attempting to take a strangle hold in the game - It is hard enough to get something out of these games with 11v11, nevermind 11v10!

I know that the majority on here don't like Weaver, but it would appear that the majority of the players aren't with him either - Sending circulars to all clubs informing other teams that ALL players are available for transfer or loan (which has happened in the last week or so), probably doesn't help as word gets round to the players and they don't feel appreciated.

Like I say, with the players that you have available you should be so much better.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am

Hakim wrote:As a Blyth lad watching the game last night, I have to say I was disappointed with your showing.

With Bowey, Armstrong, Foster, Ellington, Phillips, etc you should be much better, but you are certainly not playing as a team, every misplaced pass is met with arm waving gestures and the players having a go at each other (hardly a cohesive unit) and the lack of discipline was also worrying.

The sending off was unfortunate (but deserved), a diagonal ball over your left centre back towards the left back (which we seemed to do about 30 times each time with success) found our forward who nodded the ball past Bradley and then ran across the defender, so the penalty and the sending off were envitable.

It was the other "tackles" that would concern me, Bowser (who looked all of his 36 years old as he got a bit of a lesson until the last 15 minutes, when he became immense) would have been sent off on any other night for the pull back on Brayson. The nr 3 (James?) should have been sent off for a tackle which looked as bad as the one on the unfortunate Hardy a couple of weeks ago (the lad only got spoken to as well!) and there was also a few other slightly naughty tackles flying in, but it more cynical and nasty than strength and attempting to take a strangle hold in the game - It is hard enough to get something out of these games with 11v11, nevermind 11v10!

I know that the majority on here don't like Weaver, but it would appear that the majority of the players aren't with him either - Sending circulars to all clubs informing other teams that ALL players are available for transfer or loan (which has happened in the last week or so), probably doesn't help as word gets round to the players and they don't feel appreciated.
    Like I say, with the players that you have available you should be so much better.

I would like to ask you to back that statement up?

Where did this information come from and can you prove that Weaver has done such a thing?

If you were disappointed with our showing, how did you feel about Blyths, one goal against 10 men is hardly an exceptional performance and according to the radio we did have quite a bit of the ball, just unlucky (as you were) to be unable to finish.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 am

Hakim's comments seem balanced and reasonable. If its true about other clubs being circulated etc. its extremely worrying. Would only take a minute for someone at the club (who monitor these posts apparently) to deny it if it aint true.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 am

Hakim wrote:As a Blyth lad watching the game last night, I have to say I was disappointed with your showing.

I'm not Weaver's biggest fan, but the suggestion that 'circulars to all clubs informing other teams that ALL players are available for transfer or loan (which has happened in the last week or so)' sounds like complete and utter nonsence.

I would suggest that Hakim thinks carefully about some of the content in his posts, particularly as I imagine there is little or no substance to the claim.

I also wonder if all this is in any way related to the fact that former Blyth player, Richard Pell opted to sign for Harrogate, much to the annoyance of most Blyth fans.

Anyway, a shame really as I found the rest of Hakim's analysis pretty much spot on.
    Hakim

Post by Hakim Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 am

I'm not exactly sure how I am supposed to back up the claim?

Other than that I have been informed by several people that a circular was issued last week or the week before stating that all players were available (this is probably a lot more common than you'd think as lots of clubs do it) - All it means is Weaver is looking to shake things up and as, I assume, many of your squad are on contracts he feels that this is the best way to create some space in the squad. I just don't think that creates the team spirit that will be evident in the side that wins the league, or the other teams pushing for promotion and I thought that this was evident in your play last night.

You are free to believe me or not.

As for Blyth's performances, whilst we are relatively high up the league (this is primarily due to having played more games than anyone else) I am non-plussed with what we have achieved this season and feel that we lack quality in several areas - a bit of bite in the middle of the park, a quality strike partner for Brayson and there is a lack of pace generally in the squad. Without Brayson I feel we would be in a far worse place than we are now.

Once Bowey took a strangehold of the game (ironically after taking a stranglehold of Brayson, which should have resulted in a second yellow) I thought we were in trouble, but managed to hang on for what was a decent win.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Hakim wrote:I'm not exactly sure how I am supposed to back up the claim?

Other than that I have been informed by several people that a circular was issued last week or the week before stating that all players were available (this is probably a lot more common than you'd think as lots of clubs do it) - All it means is Weaver is looking to shake things up and as, I assume, many of your squad are on contracts he feels that this is the best way to create some space in the squad. I just don't think that creates the team spirit that will be evident in the side that wins the league, or the other teams pushing for promotion and I thought that this was evident in your play last night.

You are free to believe me or not.

As for Blyth's performances, whilst we are relatively high up the league (this is primarily due to having played more games than anyone else) I am non-plussed with what we have achieved this season and feel that we lack quality in several areas - a bit of bite in the middle of the park, a quality strike partner for Brayson and there is a lack of pace generally in the squad. Without Brayson I feel we would be in a far worse place than we are now.

Once Bowey took a strangehold of the game (ironically after taking a stranglehold of Brayson, which should have resulted in a second yellow) I thought we were in trouble, but managed to hang on for what was a decent win.

Would a Town official care to respond, or maybe we should rely on Hakim for future club updates ?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 am

sulphurite wrote:
    YoungStato123 wrote:No Kyle Hadley either, worrying. He didnt pick up an injury on Saturday either!

Your right there, don't see any reason why he should be left out?

I had been told he likes it at Town too, with Kidderminster Harriers in a little trouble! I really hope we can keep him.

Is there any news on Kyle?

seems strange to be left out of a game after playing so well, yet no mention of injuries or any other reason why?
    wackin tit tosse

Match Thread! Blyth Spartans (Away) - Page 2 Empty kyle hadley

Post by wackin tit tosse Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:20 am

iv heard a rumour his girlfriend is having a baby and due any time now i agree he is an inspiration and lets hope he is playing for us on saturday

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:08 am