Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
ausderek44
Big Red Machine
TheNeil29
Harry Gate
cueball
j2021
Johnny
YoungStato123
12 posters

Keeper signed up.

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Keeper signed up. Empty Keeper signed up.

Post by YoungStato123 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Harrogate Town have added a new goalkeeper to their squad.

Joining the club on a permanent basis from Blue Square Bet Premier club Gateshead is 22 year old Mark Cook. Mark was at Hartlepool United last season, and prior to that came up through the ranks at Newcastle United.

He is available for selection at Redditch United tomorrow.

Welcome to the CNG Stadium!

When Dootson first left, this guy was training with us, then i think Weaver signed Mr Gonzalez. Looks like hes are new number 1!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Keeper signed up. Empty Re: Keeper signed up.

Post by Johnny Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:11 pm

I knew I could count on Weaver to bring in a new keeper, lol! Gonzalez has appeared to be extremely leaky and inconsistent according to many away reports, which I'm sure everyone has seen. Unfortunately there's not all that much to go on conerning his home form as we haven't had any home games for an age! I'm looking forward to a nice win tomorrow regardless - time to get back on track!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:19 pm

If we cant beat Redditch then dont know whats hit us cheers
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:28 pm

It said this in the advertiser "As for Gonzalez's mistake Weaver backed his young goalkeeper to shine in the coming weeks" ! hmmmm

Ah well sounds like we,ve brought a solid keeper in now, lets hope hes good enough Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:49 pm

well, providing he claims every cross, saves pretty much every shot on goal, and doesn't offend Weaver, he should be safe from the revolving door for at least a few weeks.
    cueball

Post by cueball Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 am

Does this guy WEAVER actually have any idea as to what he is doing? his behaviour is beyond belief. The trouble is, when someone has been pampered all his life, that person is incapable of operating (mentally) alone.

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:11 am

Did anyone see how the new lad cookie did in goal yesterday?
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:37 am

Kept a cleansheet. Good Start, what more could you ask for Laughing
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:32 am

Did he have much to do? Keeping a clean sheet is one thing but keeping a clean sheet when he has had a busy afternoon is another
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:42 pm

The simple fact to it is that he has played higher up the leagues, and has a good pedigree.

I think this signing spells the end for Dootson in my opinion. I think they will have Cook and Myers as their 2 goalkeepers.

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:48 pm

Weaver said in post match interview kept us in the game, well kept us with 3 points in the final minute from a rocket of a shot into the top right corner which he parried away.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:12 pm

Are you a relation of said goalkeeper Cook Harry Gate?
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:04 pm

Aye
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:23 pm

Thought so, welcome to the forum.
    ausderek44

Post by ausderek44 Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 am

hi guys just here to check up on Kieran Gonzalez from overseas...

sounds like he had a bad spell a while back which cost him the #1 spot, then this guy was brought in. i've been trying to find out info on the net everywhere. but its hard to find on the net.

anyway is gonzo stil at harrogate? is he injured or #2 keeper on the bench every game??
    just wanted to know how he's going, cheers
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Gonzo is sub keeper at the minute for Town mate, hasnt been injured or anything. Weaver sometimes doesnt name a keeper on the bench so thats why you might not see him on teamsheet often, but does train before kick offs with Cooky and Jordan Myers.
    ausderek44

Post by ausderek44 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:56 pm

hey guys, just wanted to find out is Gonzo still there or has he been released/where has he gone? cheers.
    treen

Keeper signed up. Empty Re Kieran

Post by treen Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 am

After pathetic management and unprofessional action, Kieran's contract was kept in the top drawer of Mr Weavers desk. Mr Weaver thought it was ok to lie and say he sent the contract and led Kieran to believe it had been sent. Only for Kieran like many other players be told you are no longer required. Surely FA should step in and know the truth about this. This mistreatment has caused alot of distress to Kieran and us,his family here in Australia. Kieran had to break a rental lease contract which cost him money and all management had filled out the form and signed saying that he had a full time contract at Harroage Town. How pathetic and unprofessional. I have been quiet until now but thought the truth should be told. You have ruined a young man's dream Mr Weaver, I hope you are happy but reading all the forums you really don't care and alot of people think the same. Very unprofessional club. Disgusted.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:57 pm

treen wrote:After pathetic management and unprofessional action, Kieran's contract was kept in the top drawer of Mr Weavers desk. Mr Weaver thought it was ok to lie and say he sent the contract and led Kieran to believe it had been sent. Only for Kieran like many other players be told you are no longer required. Surely FA should step in and know the truth about this. This mistreatment has caused alot of distress to Kieran and us,his family here in Australia. Kieran had to break a rental lease contract which cost him money and all management had filled out the form and signed saying that he had a full time contract at Harroage Town. How pathetic and unprofessional. I have been quiet until now but thought the truth should be told. You have ruined a young man's dream Mr Weaver, I hope you are happy but reading all the forums you really don't care and alot of people think the same. Very unprofessional club. Disgusted.
    Well argued. I think that in this period of relatively decent results, whilst things are beginning to look up slightly, we shouldn't push under the carpet all too quickly the ridiculously unprofessional treatment of players like Kieran that has occured.
    Evriwear

Post by Evriwear Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:34 am

Good Morning to you treen,

My name is Alan Williams and I am Chief Executive of Harrogate Town FC and I have to object in the strongest possible terms to your spurious lies and accusations aimed at Harrogate Town FC. There are ways and means of settling any disputes between any two parties and on a forum and using an alias is not the way. I will not get into any arguments about players or indeed anybody and thier private issues on a forum. If you have anything untoward or accusations to make about the Club or any of its Officials, I suggest you do it in the proper manner and address it to me at the Football Club. To make misrepresentations about the Club or any of its Officials on a forum, you are not doing yourself or the person you are saying you represent any favours. I would just like to add that neither the person you say you represent, or his Agent or Representitve have contacted myself or anyone at the Club since his departure. I think this alone speaks volumes on the matter.

I Remain Yours Respectfully
    Alan Williams
    ausderek44

Post by ausderek44 Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 am

wow what is going on affraid
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Well said, Alan. There has been enough bad -mouthing on this Forum to last us all a life time.
    If anyone has a problem, deal with it properly, don't come on here and whinge.....thought it was only Poms that did that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:31 am