Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Cards on the table

Ball and Socket

Cards on the table Empty Cards on the table

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:10 pm

I have been supporting Harrogate Town for about 12/13 years now. Since the days of Robbie Whellans infact. Robbie was not the biggest Centre Forward but he made up for lack of stature with a big heart and lots of hard work. He was Captain of the team and you could hear him shouting encouragement to the rest of the team no matter which part of the ground you were in. How we miss a leader like him. He also scored his share of goals too.
    We are in a bit of a pickle at the moment and I know that Mr Fotherby will be fementing more than most at what is going on on the pitch!! The rest of the board and everyone else who helps run the club especially Alan Williams will be hurting too. They more than anyone want to see Harrogate Town at the top of the League as well as doing well in the Cups. The extra financial benefits from doing well in the cups should not be underestimated because this money brings in better players in the short as well as long term.
    I have know Guy 'Town Supporter' for most of the time I have followed Town. He has some issues he wants to air with the club's hierarchy. I and many other supporters feel the same. We should support Guy and together approach the Club's Board with our issues at the way things are being run. Anyone who wants to come forward and support Guy should put their neck on the line and not just sit there and say nothing. Put your name forward and perhaps we can meet somewhere convenient to discuss our points of view on how things are being run, especially on the pitch. One voice will not make any difference. If we really support Harrogate Town then we are all in this together. Please give us your support.
    Ball and Socket

Cards on the table Empty Re: Cards on the table

Post by Ball and Socket Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:10 pm

If you have read this Guy give me a reply as although it has been viewed by 130 noone seems to want to add their views. Funny that!!?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks for your support, much appreciated. I’ve opted not to say anything further at this point as I’ve recently submitted an updated response (including a couple of suggestions for improvements) direct to the club and I’d like to provide them with a chance to respond. If we're still not getting anywhere then perhaps we could review things then? I’ll gladly share my response with you at the next home game though – perhaps over a pint prior to the Corby game?
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:50 pm

No problems Guy. See you at the next home game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:41 pm