Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Appeal date for Northwich

peter bred

Appeal date for Northwich Empty Appeal date for Northwich

Post by peter bred Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Northwich Victoria football can confirm the date for their appeal against relegation from the Blue Square North. A panel of representatives from the FA will meet at Wembley next Tuesday, the 8th June to hear the appeal.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Appeal date for Northwich Empty Re: Appeal date for Northwich

Post by paulstreet Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:47 am

Can anyone tell me what will happen to us IF the VIcs win their appeal (and they won it last year!). They will presumably be re-instated and we wll drop down or will the BSquare South team who had lower points total than us drop down?
    I cannot ee the BSN running with 23 teams. Am I worrying about nothing or is there a real danger we will lose our place in the league?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:57 pm

No-one answered this so far so I will try again! The appeal is today, the league are apparently set to scrap Appendix E at their AGM, so the Vics must have a good chance of winning their appeal. Anyone able to put my mind at rest about the implications of that for us?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 pm

From what I gather, the bottom placed team from the BSN or BSS with the worst record will go down.

Can anyone confirm that is correct?
    peter bred

Post by peter bred Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Well this is what their manager says on the website

Remarks About the Club

It’s no fault of the current regime and that’s the hard thing about it. I’ve seen a few quotes of people saying that we haven’t been running the business properly. But the current situation has got nothing to do with Jim; it's got nothing to do with me; it's got nothing to do with the current players; it's got nothing to do with last season so they should keep their mouths shut and their noses out. I think they should worry we don't starting talking about them

We made a profit this year. I’d like to see any other Chairman or anyone making accusations make anywhere near the profit we have this season. The current problems have got nothing to do with the current regime. If that's the way football is then teams like Bury, Bournemouth and others would never continue and Bournemouth have just got promoted. I just think it’s out of order when it’s not the regime that’s in that is causing the problem. There’s nothing more that we could do and I’d like to see some of those people come out and say they have made a profit as we have, and run their club any better than what our club has been run this season. It’s a bit annoying when clubs say things like that, especially clubs who have really thrown money at it and have been very unsuccessful, where we have been very successful.

There are clubs who will avoid relegation who haven’t run the club better than Jim since he has come in. If a new regime isn’t given a chance then does it mean Northwich will have to finish? That being the case, will Portsmouth also have to finish because the previous regime didn't run it properly? Crystal Palace; because a previous regime ran it poorly should it no longer exist? It's pathetic. Jim is trying to move the club forward, rescue the club and keep it going - the same as what is happening at Crystal Palace, at Portsmouth and the same as clubs who have gone into administration over the years.

What is the difference between Portsmouth and Crystal Palace and Northwich Salisbury? Palace are talking about paying back 1p in £1 - and there's no uproar about it. We're offering to pay back over half our debts which is more than most clubs.

Appeal on Tuesday

We just have to get on with it and fight the battle. I know how this Appendix E got in and it’s an absolute farce the way it got voted in. But we just have to hope it goes our way. I think it will be tough and it may have to go to another appeal. But if you look at all the evidence then you can't see how that Appendix E stands up. They’re not even sure how it’s meant to be. Ultimately, if you haven’t got a proper interpretation of a rule then rule can't withstand an appeal. We'll see, but I'm pretty confident we'll be staying in the Blue Square North - whether it is decided on Tuesday or at a later date.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 am

Well, we'll see what happens. Even if Northwich are repreived and Harrogate are relegated, I will have no complaints, and i believe, most of the fans also as on this season's performances, we deserved to be relegated.

Salisbury are also appealing as well, so what happens if that comes off also?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:20 am

I guess Neil is right, but I had kind of mentally attuned myself to being in the BSNorth next season, so it will still feel like a bit of a blow to the solar plexus if we are relegated after all...still lots of local derbies!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:29 am

That is a very good point, and hopefully, more fans will come to away games!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:38 pm