Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
paulstreet
TheTown
6 posters

More New Signings

TheTown
    TheTown

More New Signings Empty More New Signings

Post by TheTown Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 am

Harrogate Town have made further additions to their squad as they prepare for the new season.

Goalkeeper Craig Dootson arrives at the CNG Stadium from Fleetwood Town after turning down an offer of full time football at the Fylde club. A player that Town have attempted to sign on previous occasions, the Preston born player started his football career with Bamber Bridge before moving on to Leigh RMI and Stalybridge Celtic. He then moved into the football league with Bury, and followed his time at Gigg Lane with spells at Hyde United and Alfreton Town.

Strikers Aiden Savory and Liam Hardy have also put pen to paper. Aiden joins us from Bradford (Park Avenue) where he was their leading scorer with 21 goals last season. Leeds born Aiden has also previously played for Ossett Town. Liam has signed for Harrogate Town from Armthorpe Welfare. He was the Northern Counties East Premier League Golden Boot winner last season with 36 league goals.

Welcome to the CNG Stadium!

Surprised about the Dootson signing after he seemed to run off to Fleetwood for more money after we'd 'signed' him - still looks to be the end for either Hernandez or Ratchford, I'm guessing we'd keep one as a backup.

Haven't heard much about the two strikers but sounds liek their good goalscorers - lets hope its not another false dawn as Ollie Ryan turned out to be. With these two strikers, Ellington and Armstrong surely that our forward line for next year, to start the season with anyway. Lets hope Weaver doesn't go on another transfer bender and they can settle in a bit.

Good signings by the sounds of it though and credit where credits due well done to Weaver and the board for the signings so far.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

More New Signings Empty Re: More New Signings

Post by paulstreet Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:35 am

Absolutely agree. These look good signings so far, add Foster, Ellington and Maloney (has he signed?), we are already building towards a decent team. I think Mark Hume would be a great addition (and a 'guaranteed' few goals), Paul Sykes to. I'd like to keep either Sturdy or Bloomer from last season, plus Shepherd and/or Stamer. We definitely need some width to feed all these strikers!
    Can't wait for the friendlies to start (hope they are being organised!), only 6 weeks or so away.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Delighted to hear Craig Dootson has signed, said the other day he would fit the bill, experienced BSN keeper. Then these two strikers, got plenty of goals in them then lets hope they can do it at this level too, cause last season i was looking forward to having Ollie Ryan as a star striker, didnt turn out to be so im not getting my hopes up. But so far a team of:
    Nowakowski, Maloney, Dootson, Ellington, Savory, Hardy, Armstrong and Bowey. Looks quite strong, lets keep it up!
    Nicky

Post by Nicky Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Speaking to a good friend of Paul Sykes the other day he said he just wants a call from Simon & he sign
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Nicky wrote:Speaking to a good friend of Paul Sykes the other day he said he just wants a call from Simon & he sign

Didn't he struggle to get into Aspins Halifax team, and suffered injuries or something?
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:55 pm

A couple more signings and we'd be set. And a couple should stay like that, we need a gelled squad that know each other inside-out, unlike the horrors of last season. We have been granted, very luckily, another shot in the BSN, and I'm delighted that Mr Weaver is doing his upmost to make this season as successful as possible.

Looking forward to pre-season to see the squad in action!
    Nicky

Post by Nicky Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:25 pm

I don't know Paul, so asked my mate at work who his pal. He says Syko broke his arm in September & had a metal plate with some screws put in to repair it. He went on loan to Ossett Town to see how his arm was. He played some games butn told Aspin it wasn't 100% yet. Aspin said can you play if we gat any injuries or suspensions to help out until you get the all clear. Sykes agreed played 4 games whilst a player was injured & another suspended. In his last game for Halifax (Easter Monday)he scored so can't see that he was just being left out without reason. I don't know him personnally so it might be a load of crap but I know he was playing at Stalybridge for a few years up to asking to leave last summer, The Staly fans were gutted & still want him back now so he can't be that bad.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:19 am

Nicky wrote:I don't know Paul, so asked my mate at work who his pal. He says Syko broke his arm in September & had a metal plate with some screws put in to repair it. He went on loan to Ossett Town to see how his arm was. He played some games butn told Aspin it wasn't 100% yet. Aspin said can you play if we gat any injuries or suspensions to help out until you get the all clear. Sykes agreed played 4 games whilst a player was injured & another suspended. In his last game for Halifax (Easter Monday)he scored so can't see that he was just being left out without reason. I don't know him personnally so it might be a load of crap but I know he was playing at Stalybridge for a few years up to asking to leave last summer, The Staly fans were gutted & still want him back now so he can't be that bad.

I just knew he didn't play for Halifax for quite a while, didn't know exactly why that was, but he does sound like the player that used to play for Town years ago, always gave 100%. It would be a benefit to the club to have him back, even to come off the bench, as I believe he would be a great impact player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:36 am