Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Championship Manager
paulstreet
6 posters

New Signings

paulstreet
    paulstreet

New Signings Empty New Signings

Post by paulstreet Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 am

Well it looks as though the determination to make something of this season is still there. Remarkable signing of the ex-Port Vale guy: from League One (3rd tier) to Conf North (6th tier)! Crikey. He should be good. And a striker from a Premier league side. When all the strikers are fit it should be interesting: Walshaw, Kendall, Swain, Larkin, Margetts and (eventually) Worsfold. We could play 1/3/1/6
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

New Signings Empty Re: New Signings

Post by paulstreet Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:36 am

I forgot Jake Speight! Seven strikers...is this a record? By the way, Griffith is said to have a 'poor disciplinary record'.
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:22 am

Both the new signings are very impressive and should make an impact. With regards to strikers Larkin has now left due to fitness issues and Margetts is on a months loan but I guess that could be extended with regards to the other strikers injuries.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Margetts played a solid performance today, really liked him, lots to come. Speight will be impact player once fit, Worsfold is due back around Christmas, Kendall alot sooner and he is very keen to get going thats for sure, lots to look forward to, we've had alot of bad luck injuries wise at the start of the season.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Agreed - but signing half fit players doesn't install a lot of confidence

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Craig how do you know so much about speight?
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:22 pm

Can we also appoint an extra attacking coach?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Several players with knocks and injuries, but alot of them due back very very soon, such as Speight, Kendall, Turner, Killock and Adam N. Looking very good for a Worsfold return by Christmas too.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Griffith has just signed for Shrewsbury from Port Vale, and we only signed him on Friday! First Larkin? Now this? This club is becoming a joke and reinforces my opinion that Simon doesn't know what the hell he is doing! Ridiculous.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:33 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Griffith has just signed for Shrewsbury from Port Vale, and we only signed him on Friday! First Larkin? Now this? This club is becoming a joke and reinforces my opinion that Simon doesn't know what the hell he is doing! Ridiculous.

this is news to me, and a shock too. and yes, it dosen't look good. At least Margetts looks like hanging around and putting in improved performances.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:54 pm

well i did say.....not sure why the Shrews would want him but i guess they may coach him into getting fit
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Simple. It's full time football.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:19 pm

think he has alot more to offer a full time club, but we have plenty to look forward to in Speight
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Well, he's been injured, so proof will be in the pudding. He ain't a prolific striker, so I dont think he will bang the goals in at this level. Simon certainly wont get it out of him.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Speight is going to be a top player, I just hope he is back soon and match fit, and rushed back. We want the best from him, and I know he is desperate to play
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Well. I'm hoping he performs. But he isn't prolific, and when we have signed non prolific strikers, they haven't exactly set the pitch alight. Take that from watching over 100+ players, quite a few of them strikers come through the club in nearly 7 years.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Well. I'm hoping he performs. But he isn't prolific, and when we have signed non prolific strikers, they haven't exactly set the pitch alight. Take that from watching over 100+ players, quite a few of them strikers come through the club in nearly 7 years.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:49 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well. I'm hoping he performs. But he isn't prolific, and when we have signed non prolific strikers, they haven't exactly set the pitch alight. Take that from watching over 100+ players, quite a few of them strikers come through the club in nearly 7 years.

You know I get that about 7 years, you don't have to keep referencing it, like I said, to me, it does not matter if you've been watching for a year or 10 or 50.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:51 pm

When you have seen as many signings as I have come in and out during Simon's tenure, you would. It goes well into 3 figures by the way.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:When you have seen as many signings as I have come in and out during Simon's tenure, you would. It goes well into 3 figures by the way.

yes, you pointed that out, I got that, thanks.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Well, I could try and give you an accurate figure, but that would be like pissing in the wind.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, I could try and give you an accurate figure, but that would be like pissing in the wind.

no, no you go for it. don't forget the 7 years and all the names to back you up mate.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Well, they will all back me up, I'm confident of that and i looked back and counted about 110ish? That's a lot of players.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, they will all back me up, I'm confident of that and i looked back and counted about 110ish? That's a lot of players.

but I don't need to name people to back up my opinion, and yes it is, but I prefer to concentrate on the present, so we can move onto the future, without over thinking the past
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm

The present will just be the same as the past.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:15 pm