Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
sulphurite
the wizard
superman99
sagalout
j2021
Johnny
YoungStato123
11 posters

Town v Gloucester Updates.

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Town v Gloucester Updates. Empty Town v Gloucester Updates.

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Team line up for tonight:
    1. Ratchford
    2. Maloney
    3. Shepherd
    4. Foster (C)
    5. Bloomer
    6. Sturdy
    7. Nowakowski
    8. Syers
    9. Ellington
    10. Knox
    11. Cahill

Subs:
    12. Hernandez, 14. Dunning, 15. Harrison, 16. McTiernan, 17. Ryan

4-3-3 it looks like from Mr Weaver!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Town v Gloucester Updates. Empty Re: Town v Gloucester Updates.

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 pm

0-0 was the score at H/T. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 pm

1-0 Town after 77 minutes! Dave Syers gets another Goal for the season Smile
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:40 pm

89th Minute equaliser Sleep and its fulltime 1-1.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Ratchford gets man of the match only a minute or two prior to conceding the goal (in a terrible fashion), oh, the irony. Sad
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 pm

I dont rate Ratchford, Start Hernandez hes much better!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, we're effectively condemned to relegation now we can't climb above Vauxhall!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:20 pm

I have 1 thing to say about this game KEEP THE BALL ON THE GROUND!!!!!! When we did we looked a half decent team, whats the point in hitting long balls upto there centre halfs! CMON ITS SO OBVIOUS!!!!!

p.s. We need a new keeper for next season
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:06 pm

We need 9 new players for next season. Only Syers and Nozlowkski are worth keeping. Awful match, crap football from both teams - no better than a pub team, especially the defending which was just utterly hopeless.

Relegation is fully deserved - we just need to build a team that will be able to compete at Unibond level now. Thank god his season is nearly over!
    superman99

Post by superman99 Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:54 am

well what a load of crap. thought we had two spells of dominance, rest of the game was awful.

2 players stood out tonight - Nowakowski and Ratchford - second half Nowakowski looked different class.....and Ratchford got the man of the match for a reason - i think the previous comments are very unfair. for the 'mistake' he came racing out to deal with a centre forward through clear on goal (and won the challenge)...because both of our centre halves cant head the bleedin' ball!! maybe he could of cleared it a bit further but how many of them uncleared longballs and crosses did he have to deal with tonight because of terrible defending? one is bound to not come off as planned especially on that pitch and unfortunately it happened at the wrong time - i feel sorry for the young lad he has no protection....its the defence that needs changing not him (although jon maloney was solid as per usual). Syers scored again hes got a great record, although as a team i didnt think 4-3-3 worked very well - the forwards got no service everything was hoofed..unibond it is..suprised with the turnout on such a nice night
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 am

full of cr@p superman... nowakowski runs around at times like a headless chicken, the effort might be there but a different class??? come on! and unfortuntely ratchford has cost us goals more than once, communication is poor and where is the midfield, you defend from the front and its been the same story all season. what you suggest, mr manager coming back in at centre back to strengthen next season, he has a wealth of experience at that level and has proven succesful with his last club?
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Weaver talks about the game, even the young man giving the interview seems to want to blame Ratchford!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:35 am

Syers, Cahill and knox all played well IMO. Ellington once again a spectator for much of the game. Maloney also played well and got stuck in when needed. Nowakowski has his admirers, but he is still far from the finished article.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 am

Football is without doubt a matter of opinion and we all see the game in a different way. To ensure no accusation of bias I will not comment on Jonnos performance but, in my opinion, the stand out performances against Gloucester were Fozzie (no mention anywhere else which amazes me!) and Dave Syers. In addition to that I felt Sturds had a solid game in the air and Liam was asked to play out of position and did a decent job but it did mean we lost his width and pace on the left.
    Even with my "positive" hat on I have to question how we concede so many late goals but would also question our ruthlessness at the other end - easy to call it lady luck but against Hinckley we hit the bar at 2-2 when a goal looked the easier option.
    All a question of so near and yet so far and I have to say I have never been on the receiving end of so many gut wrenching finishes in one season - I feel like I need a pre season to recover myself!!!!
    Everyone will have an opinion on who / what to blame and I look back on the Ilkeston 3-3 as an absolutely crucial result / lost 2 points but still believe the importance of a proper pre season in semi pro football cannot be overestimated not just in terms of fitness but also in terms of building a real Wimbledon type team ethic.
    Lets hope the team prove me right on Saturday and continue to build on recent performances - we are where we are and in my opinion both management and players should be given the opportunity to complete a full and proper pre season as well as a run of games - judgement to be made Christmas 2010.
    Fat lady - cum on down!!!!! Crying or Very sad
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:51 am

If he sticks with the current squad, apart from 1 or 2, and gets them playing footballon the ground, we'll do really well next season, but it reamins to see if he is going to do this.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Wish I could believe this Neil. The mystery is that 'on paper' this looks like a pretty good team, but all too often (like most of Wednesday) plays terribly! I don't understand it. I do believe however tht managers have to take responsibility, otherwise what are they for...decoration?
    I kind of like Ratchford, he makes good saves, but overall I don't think he is really good enough.

Certainly, as I have said before, every effort should be made to keep Syers (i'm afraid he will go), Ellington didn't look bothered on Wednesday. I do think that a good manager could take this current squad (with a few additions) straight back up, alas this manager most definitely will NOT.

The brutal truth is, as long as the manager stays, discussions of the squad are a little bit pointless.
    ladyfirst2010

Post by ladyfirst2010 Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Do they ?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Can you elaborate on your 'do they' comment?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:51 pm