Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
gedmaloney
j2021
Johnny
YoungStato123
8 posters

Town v Gloucester

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Town v Gloucester Empty Town v Gloucester

Post by YoungStato123 Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 pm

I think we will get thrashed tonight, nothing to play for! 3rd game in 6 days, no desire. Should be an easy win for Gloucester in my opinion!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Town v Gloucester Empty Re: Town v Gloucester

Post by YoungStato123 Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:07 pm

Gloucester 0 Harrogate Town 1.
    Dont know who has scored, but on the website there is no team news but just the score! But it says 1-0 Town. Come on Boys!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Peter Knox with the Goal!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Too little way too late (given that we win)! Very Happy
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Everyone has said for the past 3 or 4 weeks knoxy shud be starting and here he is first start in ages and gets us a goal!!!!!! GET IN THERE KNOXY!!!!!!!!!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Final Score: Gloucester City 0-1 Harrogate Town !!!!!!!!!!!
    GET IN THERE !!!!!! WE'VE WON!!!!!!
    Well played knoxy fully deserved, been our best player by a mile this season IMO Smile
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Is this Weaver's master plan?! To start winning when we're relegated? Smile
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:07 am

Match report from one who was there!
    Different formation - 3 at the back 5 in midfield and 2 up front.

Plusses:
    Clean sheet, clean sheet, clean sheet!!!!!! Well done the whole team as we defended as a team.

We played the full 96 minutes (6 minutes of added time at the end - ref desperate for them to equalize but failed thank God!).

Stephen Hernandez - if only he was another 4 inches tall but a number of exceptionally brave saves last night - he's up for the fight!

Communication - back 3 communicated well with each other and with our midfield.

Midfield - Fozzie outstanding and my MOM though close run thing with Liam Sheppard who kept showing and kept taking on his man - put the miles in.

Up front - Knoxy. I would have started with Tom as would be concerned about Knox's attitude recently - I was wrong - really put himself about, scored and had one sensational shot saved in the second half. Lee a little quiet but Tom did well when he came on - will always try to get the ball under control and use it constructively.

Concentration levels - I felt much improved but still conceded too many free kicks around the area and switched off once or twice - Hinckley will make us pay.

Confidence - sadly lacking for obvious reasons this season but hopefully the result and performance will help - SO IMPORTANT OUR DEFENCE BUILDS ON THIS - 1st 20 minutes on Saturday it is vital we get in Hinckleys face and concede NIL.

Funny moment - Simon was named as a sub as cover for our defense (missing Josh and Sturds through injury - Craig now added to the list!!) - starts to warm up down the touchline and gets told to get back in the managers area and has debate with lino about the fact that he is warming up as a sub - a light hearted moment much needed to break the tension.

Am aware that Gloucester weren't playing for anything and we have absolutely no hope of staying up but another 2 wins in the last 2 home games might push us above against Vauxhall and you never know.

Fat lady in the aisle - just take a seat for 1 more week.

Well done to everyone - dont switch off life support just yet! cheers cheers cheers .
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Just to add that I like Cahill as a player, and hope we might sign him in the Summer.
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sounds like Gloucester put out their reserves
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Triallists not necessarily reserves - 1 lad from Bristol Rovers (Sunday pub side I suppose) and another from Forest Green as well as a lad who had a better throw in than Delap. Plus most teams when beaten by a team at the bottom tend to whinge!! Plus as someone said we have played 3 games in 6 days, a number of lads were playing with knocks and there was a 4 hour journey to play on a pitch that was rock hard. Try looking for something just a little bit positive!!!
    As it happens there fans were extremely friendly and the volcanic sunset was something to behold.
    tigerroar

Post by tigerroar Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi, as has been said, it wasn't our reserves but the manager did use the game as an opportunity to give a few of the fringe players a chance.

Neikell, no.10 is from Bristol Rovers and played a major part in Paulton's FA Cup run, we're having a look at him as he's been released. He's only 18.
    The long throw man, Rob Aldrich, we haven't seen anywhere near enough of him but that throw is awesome isn't it?!!! He's only played local football around Hereford, I'd love to see him make the step up.

And on the right wing was a youngster on "work experience" from Cheltenham. They think he's the dogs bollocks. He didn't look much to me.

Our biggest problem is that we have one team, I could name our best eleven and their positions, more than one or two changes and it all goes to pot.

Anyhow, enough of the excuses, I registered so that I could share the video I shot last night, I'll be buggered if I'm sitting through that again so I'm not doing highlights but I have put your goal up on youtube, here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - enjoy!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:55 pm

tigerroar wrote:Hi, as has been said, it wasn't our reserves but the manager did use the game as an opportunity to give a few of the fringe players a chance.

Neikell, no.10 is from Bristol Rovers and played a major part in Paulton's FA Cup run, we're having a look at him as he's been released. He's only 18.
    The long throw man, Rob Aldrich, we haven't seen anywhere near enough of him but that throw is awesome isn't it?!!! He's only played local football around Hereford, I'd love to see him make the step up.

And on the right wing was a youngster on "work experience" from Cheltenham. They think he's the dogs bollocks. He didn't look much to me.

Our biggest problem is that we have one team, I could name our best eleven and their positions, more than one or two changes and it all goes to pot.

Anyhow, enough of the excuses, I registered so that I could share the video I shot last night, I'll be buggered if I'm sitting through that again so I'm not doing highlights but I have put your goal up on youtube, here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - enjoy!
    I had fun looking at the comments on your forum. You guys are very passionate. Can you imagine how active these forums would be if we made excuses like you lot after every defeat..?! Laughing Mind you, the manager does a pretty good job of that...

Anyway, thanks for uploading the video. Hopefully we'll see you guys sooner rather than later when we're back in the Blue SQ North!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 am

Can anyone remember the team for the Gloucester match?
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:15 am

Just guessing the line up here.. i know we played a 3-5-2 formation for definute though!
    Hernandez
    Maloney, Bloomer, Dunning
    Shepherd, Nowakowski, Foster, Syers, ......
    Knox, Ellington
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:58 am

Back3 was Jonno, Blooms and Craig - Richard Dunning was the missing player from your list. Just about to leave for Hinckley - fingers crossed cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 pm