Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
GARAGE
paulstreet
Chips97
7 posters

Jordan Robertson...SIGN HIM UP!

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Jordan Robertson...SIGN HIM UP! Empty Jordan Robertson...SIGN HIM UP!

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:41 am

I don't know about anybody else out there but I am getting increasingly concerned that the club do not appear to have made a decision to sign this guy yet when it seems (after several impressive performances and, what is it, 5 or 6 goals (!), an absurdly easy decision to make. Lets face it, other clubs will not be unaware of the situation, and if we lose him to another national North team we will live to regret it.
    He does not just score goals (his goal on Saturday was superbly taken), but his cross for Kerry's goal was stunning. And how good has Kerry been so far? He has both strength and speed (as someone else pointed out on Saturday), so please Irving, Simon (and anybody else concerned), just get it done and help me sleep at night!

After a few pre-season games, who would be your starting strikers against Worcester? It surely has to be Robertson (if we sign him!) and, for me, Chilaka, altho' its pleasing that Knowles looks up for it this season. Its too early to judge Pittman, but he is clearly (at the moment) in 4th place in the pecking order. It does seem to me that Chib is a much better player than he was with us before, his play for Knowles' disallowed goal on Saturday was quite superb.

Whichever team Simon picks on August 6th, there are going to be some darn good players on the bench! I hope Simon can keep this highly impressive squad of players happy...they can't all play every game.

Incidentally, 8-0 win (OK only Railway!) and no posts on here. What is going on out there?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Jordan Robertson...SIGN HIM UP! Empty Re: Jordan Robertson...SIGN HIM UP!

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:44 am

You see, I'm so worried I posted it twice!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:09 am

Agreed Paul. Success this season will be based on the entire 1st team squad. Hopefully SW and co can generate a real sense of togetherness.

As posted elsewhere, I'd have him in the squad but very difficult to assess anyone at the level of friendly arranged. What it has done is hopefully get them match sharp and fit and get them peaking for Worcester. Can any of them score against Teague et al only time will tell but we appear to have a very capable squad. Also very strong in defence and Thanoj can put a pass on a six pence.

My only concerns are do we have the guile to manage a match from start to finish and grind out those pesky wins in far flung places that we didn't do last season, or indeed even at home, and has Craig got any shots of Robertson smiling.

JP was unlucky against railway on a couple of occasions but you sometimes make your luck up front which your guy certainly does.

Also agree about Kerry, different player to last season and hopefully more to come from a lot of them.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:29 am

Yes, he looks like a real goalscorer and I do think we should sign him up and give the lad a chance. We haven't played any team yet that has real quality so I would like to see him play against York and Scarborough. There must be a reason why Alfreton released him?

It was great to destroy Railway on Saturday! Is that our biggest ever victory over them?? Although I started to feel sorry for them when it got to about 5/6 nil...I know I shouldn't because no other team would feel sorry for us!!

Surplus wrote:has Craig got any shots of Robertson smiling.
    When I was walking to get a drink just as Robertson put the ball in the net I was right next to him as he scored he was smiling..more of a laugh because of my crazy celebration though!! lol!

I will post my updated starting 11 after I've seen us play all the friendlies as it's constantly changing for me..Don't know how Simon is going to choose his Starting line-up for Worcester!! Shocked

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Yep get him bagged. He offers height that we don't currently have and is doing the business in front of goal.

An Alfreton fan said he was brilliant first few months and had scored 8 by October but had questionable attitude apparently and doubted he would be a team player in the dressing room, whether that is their reservation.

Town also need to say to Crook you are either going in the next week or you stay till the new year. Mindful again we could miss out on a very good replacement if it is not sorted.

Bring on York - worryingly our only challenge of the preseason as Railway were shocking on Saturday.

Think SW needs to pick his best 11, all great giving everyone equal time but have any partnerships at been cemented in the team, be it up front or at the back. Give that 11 two full matches, especially as again our last match is against inferior opposition.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:35 pm

I really like the look of Robertson. He knows where the goal is and is a different option up front.

Yes the opposition has not been great however it's been the same opposition as our other players have faced.

Great to see Knowles back on the score sheet and looking hungry too and Chib appears to be a different player to what he was before.

Starting to get very excited about the new season.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Just confirmed he has signed.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:20 am

Thank you Simon! You know how to make someone's day! Great news. I always felt we needed 4 strikers, and Robertson's form was surely too good to ignore. As we speak he has to be nailed on to start on August 6th. I'd go for Chib to join him, some of you might prefer Knowles, who also looks pretty good so far. JPP will have to go some to fight his way into the starting XI.

I agree with carefree, the game against York is going to be a real tester, lets see how good our lads are against better opposition. I too would like to see SW start with his strongest XI, and give them a good 65/70 minutes.

My starting XI if I were manager (don't panic, I'm not!), would be:

Crooks, Turner, Ellis, Shiels, Parker, Kerry, Thanof, Leesley, Emmett, Chilaka, Robertson.
    Bench: Ainge, Pittman, Knowles, Gascoigne (hope we sign him, he is starting to look like the real deal again), Platt. And we still have Brooksby to come back!.

Can't wait till tomorrow now, hope York send their strongest team.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Great news he's signed. Has certainly earned it. Can't wait to see how Simon plays them all.
    Wouldn't be far off your starting XI PS. Tho is interesting in the matches I have seen we have not really played out and out wingers.
    Roll on tomorrow and the retention of our crown as top club in North Yorkshire!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:35 pm

York playing tonight i believe against Doncaster so why are we playing them ?
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Can't believe York won't play their 1st team against us. Their opening game of the season is on the 3G pitch at Maidstone. Would be a missed opportunity otherwise.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Gazza, and Swain, have signed for next season Paul.

Jordan
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Burrell?
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Taken from our website 24/5/2016

Yes he has

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 am