Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
GARAGE
slicker
6 posters

North Ferriby game

slicker
    slicker

North Ferriby game Empty North Ferriby game

Post by slicker Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:23 am

I realise that there have been some other distractions today, but that was one hell of an ending to a game we should have finished off before Kendall dived outside the box to con the referee into giving a penalty.

No doubt TS was too busy reading Corbyn`s speech today to turn up and witness the entertainment.

Kendall is also the type who clearly kicks the ball out on the half way line and his first instinct in front of the liner is to claim for a throw-in. What a great example that was.

So pleased for Clayton to score a great no 9`s header from a peach of a cross from, in my mind the stand out player by a mile tonight, Colbeck.

S.
    GARAGE

North Ferriby game Empty Re: North Ferriby game

Post by GARAGE Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:58 am

Where did they get that M O M from . Colbeck had his best game for us and great for Clayton to end an incredible evening with the equaliser.Both teams thought they had won the game but gutted that town only came away with a point. The ref had a good game untill those last few minuits when he got everything wrong. The penalty decision was outside the box and the free kick leading up to their 3rd goal should have been to town. Roll on Saturday to put things right !
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:59 am

Agree with the Colbeck opinion. Apart from a period of about ten minutes, just before they scored their second goal, the players, to a man, played with energy and never gave up the desire to try to win. I commend them for that. Well done! Our level of play warranted a win, but we'll settle for the draw fought for in such a great way.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Great game, both sides great in the first half, town utterly dominating with some brilliantly fluid play in the second. Was utterly gutted when they went 3-2 up. Would have been most undeserving.

Brendon again great - his set pieces, wow!
    Colbeck - fantastic really direct and reminds me of the old days when I caught quite a bit of him when he was at Bradford City
    Turner - was MoM for me. He has really developed this season and a good shout out to the coaching staff for that and Lewis himself for improving so much. Was a pleasure to watch some his play.

Just a shame more folk in Harrogate are not getting down to the games.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:10 pm

slicker wrote:I realise that there have been some other distractions today, but that was one hell of an ending to a game we should have finished off before Kendall dived outside the box to con the referee into giving a penalty.

No doubt TS was too busy reading Corbyn`s speech today to turn up and witness the entertainment.

Kendall is also the type who clearly kicks the ball out on the half way line and his first instinct in front of the liner is to claim for a throw-in. What a great example that was.

So pleased for Clayton to score a great no 9`s header from a peach of a cross from, in my mind the stand out player by a mile tonight, Colbeck.

S.

This is a FOOTBALL forum but if you want to embarrass yourself by getting political on here please do. I do enjoy the fact you are clearly incapable of understanding the media's motives for focusing on certain topics that are frankly irrelevant at a time when we have the world's biggest arms/slaughter trade in London, at a time when 4million children are in poverty, at a time when we have record levels relying on food banks, at a time when corporation tax avoidance has never been higher, at a time when housing costs are screwing a whole generation out of a basic right to buy housing and put down roots, at a time when we go from one daft foreign and murderous policy to the next.....but hay focus on one man who has dignity, who focuses on the masses and not pandering to the very rich and multinational corporations that got us to this position.

Bovine fool.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Carefree wrote:
    slicker wrote:I realise that there have been some other distractions today, but that was one hell of an ending to a game we should have finished off before Kendall dived outside the box to con the referee into giving a penalty.

S.

This is a FOOTBALL forum but if you want to embarrass yourself by getting political on here please do. I do enjoy the fact you are clearly incapable of understanding the media's motives for focusing on certain topics that are frankly irrelevant at a time when we have the world's biggest arms/slaughter trade in London, at a time when 4million children are in poverty, at a time when we have record levels relying on food banks, at a time when corporation tax avoidance has never been higher, at a time when housing costs are screwing a whole generation out of a basic right to buy housing and put down roots, at a time when we go from one daft foreign and murderous policy to the next.....but hay focus on one man who has dignity, who focuses on the masses and not pandering to the very rich and multinational corporations that got us to this position.

Bovine fool.

Clearly not as "Carefree" as your disguise would suggest. One line and we get War and Peace in response.

Seemed very odd that no-one could be ar$$d to come on after such a game, which probably says more about them than the team I enjoyed watching last night.

A final one on politics seeing as how you are so keen on the subject, the leadership election has been very entertaining and I look forward to the same again around this time next year.

Roll on Saturday.

S.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:45 pm

The Carefree reference is not to do with my manner as I think you may have already worked out.

Also, my response was in reaction to you using the reference you did as a slur, that some how anyone who has disagreeable views is the equivalent of being a Corbyn supporter. This is frankly idiotic and symptom of the current press free for all on someone who stands for a fair and just society than any shiny suited careerist MP ever could or would. Your point about next year again shows up your front page veneer of knowledge about the topic; lets remember by what margin he won and the context of who and why people are so in favour of his candidacy.

re your point with no one being arsed......some people are using different platforms now to engage and talk about town and plus it being an evening game and many being at work, who were part of a woeful attendance of 390, it is not like it will be lighting up the messageboard.

Indeed roll on Saturday. And well played town last night!
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Must try to remember all that when singing the national anthem.

Yet again an election of an unelectable leader. Old enough to remember Michael Foot ?

Personally I have more of a problem with cheating footballers, each to his own on the politics, thanks to those who fought to protect the right to have and express a view.

S.
    alfiejdickson
    alfiejdickson

Post by alfiejdickson Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Colbeck was brilliant last night, my Motm - wasn't sure where the actual motm came from to be honest. I thought Knowles was good but was quiet and not as good as we've seen him this season. Daniels was super again and Turner is so solid and consistent.  Clayton's goal was a brilliant header, the defense was great, just switched of towards the end. Looking forward to Nuneaton, Come on you Town!! Very Happy
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Really hope we can hang on to Daniels,but rumor mill says there's one or two scouts from league clubs already watching the lad.Only a matter of time one thinks...Still lets enjoy it while it lasts.
    Going back to the game ,it really was a team performance..fantastic !!
    There again how many times as this been mentioned ...every game?

Well played.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:52 pm

slicker wrote:Must try to remember all that when singing the national anthem.

Yet again an election of an unelectable leader. Old enough to remember Michael Foot ?

Personally I have more of a problem with cheating footballers, each to his own on the politics, thanks to those who fought to protect the right to have and express a view.

S.

The National anthem is for who? Soldiers or the queen? I think the clue is in the lyrics and I thought wars were fought so we were able to have a free choice on whether not to sing the national anthem, especially if you are a republican (of which 30% of folk are). Or would you like some kind of North Korean dictat where we all mindlessly sing things cos we are made to? They tried that up until the 70s (I have heard) and people were rebelling against it so it was quietly stopped.

The Foot reference is utterly irrelevant – the 59% who voted for Corbyn to win in the first count being his mandate – a mandate the press is **** scared of and is doing its best to mis inform people like yourself to come out with yet more knee jerk BS on the topic. “ohhh how dare he not sing the national anthem” being the focus, as opposed to him addressing massively fundamental issues that affects many people – or maybe not if you are or close to being a baby boomer in HG – issues that for the likes of you go straight over one’s head. All on the same day the tories cut again – this time Tax credits impacting hundreds of thousands of working families. Get real to the REAL issues, not the engineered press faux outrage over this cobblers.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Is Daniels on a year deal? He does have the best delivery, especially on corners I have seen in a long time. He is a machine at corners – every single one on the money and a head feck for the keeper on whether to come for them or not with the curl he puts on them.

Would be gutted if he went but hopefully we would get a bit of cash for him and we have the brilliance of ‘Super Jack Emmett on the wing’ to come into the team if Brendon did go! I Jack gets some time (somehow!) on Saturday, really enjoy watching that lad play. A reet old skool winger.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Thoroughly entertaining game on Tuesday evening. Leaving aside the dire penalty decision and the wrong free kick for their third - a draw was probably a fair result in the end. Colbeck was the best player on the park with Turner a close second. Clayton put a tremendous shift in up front and deserved his goal at the death.
    Good to see that the management are taking no notice of comments on here and are not trying to fix something that is not broken. We have plenty of talent on the bench and Fallowfield/Gascoigne to join them soon but they will all have to wait.

Aside.
    Aspin has gone at Halifax.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Carefree wrote:

S.

The National anthem is for who? Soldiers or the queen? I think the clue is in the lyrics and I thought wars were fought so we were able to have a free choice on whether not to sing the national anthem, especially if you are a republican (of which 30% of folk are). Or would you like some kind of North Korean dictat where we all mindlessly sing things cos we are made to? They tried that up until the 70s (I have heard) and people were rebelling against it so it was quietly stopped.

The Foot reference is utterly irrelevant – the 59% who voted for Corbyn to win in the first count being his mandate – a mandate the press is **** scared of and is doing its best to mis inform people like yourself to come out with yet more knee jerk BS on the topic. “ohhh how dare he not sing the national anthem” being the focus, as opposed to him addressing massively fundamental issues that affects many people – or maybe not if you are or close to being a baby boomer in HG – issues that for the likes of you go straight over one’s head. All on the same day the tories cut again – this time Tax credits impacting hundreds of thousands of working families. Get real to the REAL issues, not the engineered  press faux outrage over this cobblers.

I think in a straight comparison as to who I trust over the simple economic impact of Corbynomics between you and the Governor of the Bank of England, I have a slight leaning towards the latter.

The Foot reference is absolutely relevant, as will be proven within 12 months. Come back if you want but I would refer the honourable gentleman to the answers I gave earlier. PMQ's over. Back to the football, where incidentally I totally agree about Daniels. He is the best left winger since .......

S.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:56 pm

slicker wrote:
    Carefree wrote:

S.

The Foot reference is utterly irrelevant – the 59% who voted for Corbyn to win in the first count being his mandate – a mandate the press is **** scared of and is doing its best to mis inform people like yourself to come out with yet more knee jerk BS on the topic. “ohhh how dare he not sing the national anthem” being the focus, as opposed to him addressing massively fundamental issues that affects many people – or maybe not if you are or close to being a baby boomer in HG – issues that for the likes of you go straight over one’s head. All on the same day the tories cut again – this time Tax credits impacting hundreds of thousands of working families. Get real to the REAL issues, not the engineered  press faux outrage over this cobblers.

I think in a straight comparison as to who I trust over the simple economic impact of Corbynomics between you and the Governor of the Bank of England, I have a slight leaning towards the latter.

The Foot reference is absolutely relevant,  as will be proven within 12 months. Come back if you want but I would refer the honourable gentleman to the answers I gave earlier. PMQ's over. Back to the football, where incidentally I totally agree about Daniels. He is the best left winger since .......

S.

Yes Mr Daniels is the pick of the additions so far. just a shame we cannot find space for him Colbeck, Emmett and Thewlis.

So you think Carney is utterly impartial and not a puppet of a banking system that has been awash with QE money and record low interest rates – like turkeys voting for Christmas given Corbyn's stance on cutting the BOE’s autonomy and Carney’s role completely!!!

The Canadian is at odds with our own David Blanchflower, who had seen far more years at the BOE top table, who has backed Corbyn’s economic policies – what would you rather we print money and hand it to the banks (£380bn and not one jot of return for the public) or we create jobs and infrastructure and see a return? Again a sign you, like too many others are still reading the headlines and seeing the actual content of what Corbyn is proposing. Stop reacting to the fear based media headlines written by an establishment that is shitting itself at his emergence. Once you do you will realise your 12 month predictions are laughable. You will see the emergence of politics that is honest, that does not spin, that does not pander to the media – that only does politics for one thing. The will of its people.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Carefree wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    Carefree wrote:

S.

The Foot reference is absolutely relevant,  as will be proven within 12 months. Come back if you want but I would refer the honourable gentleman to the answers I gave earlier. PMQ's over. Back to the football, where incidentally I totally agree about Daniels. He is the best left winger since .......

S.

Yes Mr Daniels is the pick of the additions so far. just a shame we cannot find space for him Colbeck, Emmett and Thewlis.

So you think Carney is utterly impartial and not a puppet of a banking system that has been awash with QE money and record low interest rates – like turkeys voting for Christmas given Corbyn's stance on cutting the BOE’s autonomy and Carney’s role completely!!!

The Canadian is at odds with our own David Blanchflower, who had seen far more years at the BOE top table, who has backed Corbyn’s economic policies – what would you rather we print money and hand it to the banks (£380bn and not one jot of return for the public) or we create jobs and infrastructure and see a return? Again a sign you, like too many others are still reading the headlines and seeing the actual content of what Corbyn is proposing. Stop reacting to the fear based media headlines written by an establishment that is shitting itself at his emergence. Once you do you will realise your 12 month predictions are laughable.  You will see the emergence of politics that is honest, that does not spin, that does not pander to the media – that only does politics for one thing. The will of its people.

As Wolfie used to say, "Power to the People"

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 am