Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Anyone going to North Ferriby ?

Anyone going to North Ferriby ? Empty Anyone going to North Ferriby ?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:07 am

I wonder how many of us will be at the match tomorrow. Apparently no Team Coach tomorrow? Players making their own way there. Hoping for a win, remembering the 5-0 earlier in the season, Ferriby wanting automatic promotion and be fired up, Town with a injury ravaged squad but plenty in support,

My starting line up tomorrow would be:

Crook

Merris Heath Bolder Samuels

Rowe Woods Brown Clayton

Worsfold Nelthorpe

Subs:
    Taylor
    Hardy
    Sellars
    Jalmal Smith
    Bloomer

Anyone going to North Ferriby ? Empty Re: Anyone going to North Ferriby ?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:09 am

Actually, am tempted to start with Metcalfe, I'd swap Bloomer for Metcalfe on subs bench and give a try in second half for Clayton.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:46 am

Yes - not me though. Are you going Craig as not seen you mention it anywhere?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:11 pm

JordanF wrote:Yes - not me though. Are you going Craig as not seen you mention it anywhere?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  Yes! Yes I am!  lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Yes.

S.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm going. Whether or not we put in a good performance, I'm looking forward to seeing North Ferriby play on their home ground in what is a crucial game for them - we might not get the chance to go there next season.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 pm

thetallaccountant wrote:I'm going. Whether or not we put in a good performance, I'm looking forward to seeing North Ferriby play on their home ground in what is a crucial game for them - we might not get the chance to go there next season.

Pretty much my thinking also!  Wink  Still hoping Town will nick a win!  bounce bounce bounce 
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:19 pm

unfortunately I've been drafted into a cricket match so won't be able to attend Sad The performance is more important than the result but out of respect to Telford we should play our full strength squad, although I can see why you've mentioned Peter Crook in your starting lineup

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 pm

OllieRiley wrote:unfortunately I've been drafted into a cricket match so won't be able to attend :(The performance is more important than the result but out of respect to Telford we should play our full strength squad, although I can see why you've mentioned Peter Crook in your starting lineup

Peter Crook deserves to play in the last few games and my only personal feeling was he should of played in the Cup Final too. Agree, we should play our full strength squad and go for the win! No reason at all we can't go and get a 2-0 result.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:44 pm

The only 'reason' is North Ferriby's superior firepower courtesy of such as Jarman, their desire for revenge and the fact that they need the points to steer clear of Telford. Hope you are right but they have much more to get excited about than us.
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 am

Here's who I'd pick:
    McGillivray - Samuels, Heath, Bloomer, Merris - Bolder, Brown - Woods, Clayton, Rowe - Worsfold

Brown and Bolder in holding midfield, dictating play and shutting out Nathan Jarman and Ant Wilson. Woodsy in the hole in-between Ferriby's midfield and defence. Rowe alongside him on the right, he caused North Ferriby mayhem earlier on in the season. Then Clayton on the left, driving forward and running at the defence. Worsfold upfront as a complete forward, not too deep!

Try to catch them on the counter, lots of pace upfront. Lets hammer these lot!

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:53 am

Let's hope the manager reads your advice and acts on it Ollie.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:08 am

OllieRiley wrote:Here's who I'd pick:
    McGillivray  -  Samuels, Heath, Bloomer, Merris  -  Bolder, Brown  -  Woods, Clayton, Rowe  -  Worsfold

Brown and Bolder in holding midfield, dictating play and shutting out Nathan Jarman and Ant Wilson. Woodsy in the hole in-between Ferriby's  midfield and defence. Rowe alongside him on the right, he caused North Ferriby mayhem earlier on in the season. Then Clayton on the left, driving forward and running at the defence. Worsfold upfront as a complete forward, not too deep!

I agree except I would start Metcalfe instead of Clayton. Rowe can be the wide man, alternating between left and right.

We need Metcalfe and his energy/fast feet in midfield.

S.
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:28 am

slicker wrote:
    OllieRiley wrote:Here's who I'd pick:
    McGillivray  -  Samuels, Heath, Bloomer, Merris  -  Bolder, Brown  -  Woods, Clayton, Rowe  -  Worsfold

Brown and Bolder in holding midfield, dictating play and shutting out Nathan Jarman and Ant Wilson. Woodsy in the hole in-between Ferriby's  midfield and defence. Rowe alongside him on the right, he caused North Ferriby mayhem earlier on in the season. Then Clayton on the left, driving forward and running at the defence. Worsfold upfront as a complete forward, not too deep!

I agree except I would start Metcalfe instead of Clayton. Rowe can be the wide man, alternating between left and right.

We need Metcalfe and his energy/fast feet in midfield.

S.

Not seen much of Metcalfe but I hope he does get a chance before the season ends
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:30 am

A1 drifter wrote:Let's hope the manager reads your advice and acts on it Ollie.

Simon will probably play a basic 4,4,2 with Hardy and Worsfold upfront. I'd like to see some fresh ideas, a bit of experimenting seen as we've nothing to play for.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:02 pm

2-1 up at half time .... all fingers crossed that we might nick a result .... sounds like Ferriby get a lot of penalties!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 am

Well, that didnt work out. 3-2 Ferriby. 2-1 up, 2 goals in 6 minutes.

Was anyone there to see what went so wrong in the second half?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm

It was a very enjoyable game, however on the balance of play we didn't deserve our half time lead. Two great strikes from Ashley and Anton though.

Second half we were the better side, seemed to suss them out and using balls over their centre backs and carved out some fantastic chances, one on one's with the keeper, who was probably their man of the match. However we couldn't defend balls in the air into the box.

Ashley Worsfold impressed me with his workrate and pace. If we had another like him in support we could cause people plenty of problems.

I was disappointed with Clayton, who lacked a bit of quality when putting the ball in although can't argue with his effort. He does tend to show his frustration with himself as well.

Alex Metcalfe came on and the more starts the better so far as I'm concerned. He's small but powerful, with a low centre of gravity and quick feet. I would start with only one wide man, either Rowe or Clayton, and slot Mecalfe in.

S.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:51 pm

slicker wrote:It was a very enjoyable game, however on the balance of play we didn't deserve our half time lead. Two great strikes from Ashley and Anton though.

Second half we were the better side, seemed to suss them out and using balls over their centre backs and carved out some fantastic chances, one on one's with the keeper, who was probably their man of the match. However we couldn't defend balls in the air into the box.

Ashley Worsfold impressed me with his workrate and pace. If we had another like him in support we could cause people plenty of problems.

I was disappointed with Clayton, who lacked a bit of quality when putting the ball in although can't argue with his effort. He does tend to show his frustration with himself as well.

Alex Metcalfe came on and the more starts the better so far as I'm concerned. He's small but powerful, with a low centre of gravity and quick feet. I would start with only one wide man, either Rowe or Clayton, and slot Mecalfe in.

S.

Agreed.

I actually enjoyed the match yesterday, a full 90 minutes of good football from both teams, and we played so much better than Guiseley. Agree about Ash, he's literally worth the away travel alone to watch play. We really need another in support of him, maybe when Hally is back, but fair play to Hardy, again, he nearly bagged a hat trick, nearly, lol.... just missing that final touch, and some fantastic keeping from Ferriby. Clayton had a disappointing few games, and thats sad to see, really not sure why they brought on subs so so so late on into the game, but I actually cant see a reason to get rid of many players, I'd keep most of them next season.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Personally not convinced by any of our wingers. The only exception is mallory but he's wasted on the wing any way.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:18 pm

I really like Mallory, he has alot of pace and reads the ball well, but he hasnt been firing on all cyclinders lately, his challenges have been quite brutal at times, lucky not to get sent off on occasions and something tells me, he won't here next season, and if he is, it will be more of a cover role.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:12 pm