Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
GARAGE
paulstreet
6 posters

Video highlights please

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Video highlights please Empty Video highlights please

Post by paulstreet Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:44 am

Just been looking at the Taddy Albion website, video highlights of their game are available, pretty basic to be fair, but this is NECL level, three below us. Surely we should be providing decent quality filmed highlights of our home games for supporters, and, if not, why not?
    GARAGE

Video highlights please Empty Re: Video highlights please

Post by GARAGE Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:55 pm

We see more away videos of Town than home -why ?  Someone needs to tell us
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Yes! I 100% agree, it'd be great to watch back highlights of home games especially that last second winner the other week! But who would we get to it? It's a very time consuming job if you're not being paid.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:38 pm

I thought as part of the agreement between BT and the National Conference that there was going to be a Sunday evening non league highlights package, of which Conference and North and South Conference were permitted by the league to have a cameraman present.

Read this in When Saturday Comes about two months ago.

Would be great if it did happen from a coverage perspective and just keeping us abreast of the other clubs etc.....whilst also the camera work was going to be offered out in a media studies style course - so might be a bit cack at first some of the footage but is great for those just starting out.

Maybe the club could confirm whether they have had any contact from BT or the League about this?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:45 am

Carefree wrote:I thought as part of the agreement between BT and the National Conference that there was going to be a Sunday evening non league highlights package, of which Conference and North and South Conference were permitted by the league to have a cameraman present.

Would be great if it did happen from a coverage perspective and just keeping us abreast of the other clubs etc.....whilst also the camera work was going to be offered out in a media studies style course - so might be a bit cack at first some of the footage but is great for those just starting out.

Maybe the club could confirm whether they have had any contact from BT or the League about this?

Morning Carefree - I personally discussed this with BT's top guy at the recent Conference AGM and he stated that BT were concentrating on the Conference National Division to begin with but committed to keeping in touch should they expand there support into North and South Divisions.

Doesn't stop clubs from filming games themselves but North / South will not have access to BT support for the time being.

Will keep you abreast of any developments.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:14 am

Ged if anyone was willing to volunteer filming highlights would they be allowed in that makeshift hut in the sky? I reckon if we showed highlights across social media we may possibly pick up a few extra fans if they like what they see.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:40 am

Puzzled why we can't have filmed highlights NOW. The club does record games (Simon spoke in the programme about the players watching clips), so, with modern technology surely something could be done for the 'poor bloody infantry' (i.e us!), who actually pay to watch. As I have said, if Tadcaster Albion in a (sorry NCEL) glorified parks league can do it, surely we can.
    It is extremely frustrating to me that I will not be able to relive Brendon's wonder goals over and over again. Rant over (for the time being!).
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:58 am

Paul, there is a video of his 2nd goal on the Harrogate Town Supporters Group Facebook page from behind the goal & it's rather good. I've relived it about 20 times already!!!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:23 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Carefree wrote:I thought as part of the agreement between BT and the National Conference that there was going to be a Sunday evening non league highlights package, of which Conference and North and South Conference were permitted by the league to have a cameraman present.

Morning Carefree - I personally discussed this with BT's top guy at the recent Conference AGM and he stated that BT were concentrating on the Conference National Division to begin with but committed to keeping in touch should they expand there support into North and South Divisions.

Doesn't stop clubs from filming games themselves but North / South will not have access to BT support for the time being.

Will keep you abreast of any developments.

Cheers for the update Ged. Enjoyed the new highlights package last Sunday, albeit just of the National - hopefully they can eventually get our and the Southern highlights involved too.

Having missed the Daniels magic on Monday - I could cry at no official or even unofficial footage of the wonder strike. Would love to be able to share it around my Harrogate based armchair football following friends!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:23 am