Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
Chips97
TheNeil29
ultimate warrior
GARAGE
wetherby58
NOT YOU
10 posters

TODAY MATCH

TheNeil29

TODAY MATCH - Page 2 Empty Re: TODAY MATCH

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Well, we all have our own opinions. Franks played decent on Saturday in my opinion, even if some images leave a lot to be desired.......

Blooper has had something of a resurgence this season, but for me, he is only still at the club because his best mate is the manager. Just like the reason why Simon is still in charge because Daddy is his boss.

Franks gets the nod ahead of Blooper for me.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Chips. The problem I have with Swain is his pace. He is reasonable, but in order to get anything against Fylde. We will have to counter attack, and counter attack fast. I just think Nelthorpe has a better engine than Swain and would be a better option for Saturday against Fylde for getting up and down the wing.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Swain has been solid, he is a rock on the left side and he drives down the wing ok for me....I thought for the majority of the game Clayton was isolated, he wasn't supported with flick ons etc and fed off scraps......Franks for me is a major problem, too slow and all he wants to do is pump the ball forward at every opportunity, a weak link in the side.......Simon was too slow in bringing Walshaw on and reverting to 4-4-2....for me, if we are going to score goals we need to start with Walshaw and Clayton (for now until Worsfold gets his match fitness) because for the last 20 they we working well together, just a shame Leamington were really organised as a unit. Im not feeling it with Rowe, I don't think he is quite at the level that we need, I would drop him altogether.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:17 pm

If he relents with Swain on Saturday, he will get ran ragged by the AFC Fylde wingers. Nelthorpe will at least have a chance with them.

From what I have seen from Fylde. They are a very fast, counter attacking team and they have some real class in their team with no real weakness and strength in depth as well. In my opinion, Tom Hannigan is their best defender. Strong, good in the air and can pass a ball as well.

Clayton will have to be on his game Saturday as Tom Hannigan is an excellent defender and will give him nothing in the air. Fylde aren't a long ball side either, they like to play the ball into feet, which will counteract the height and limited mobility of Franks and McGurk.

The only way I can see us getting something is if Nyoni and Gascoigne can get a grip of the Midfield early, and that our wide men drive at them and drill the crosses in, but that will be a big ask, given the quality Fylde have.

It will be an acid test for these youngsters come Saturday, as Fylde will be far above any opposition they have faced so far.

However, I am very interested in seeing how these youngsters cope, as we have some real talent.

I will also be tanked up on Jagermeister watching this as well, so I'm either celebrating or drowning my sorrows.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 pm

We have gone three games without defeat with the same team (except for Franks coming in for the injured Shiels). There has been a constant criticism on here about changes made every week, now you want to make changes. Fylde away on Saturday is a very difficult game and any team we pick is going to find it very hard to get anything from the game.
    I went to the Guiseley/Fylde game last night and was very impressed with them. Although they lost a draw would have been a fair reflection of the game. Guiseley were given the softest penalty you would ever see (hard to stomach given the number of penalty shouts we have had this season and still have not had one given in 29 league games) and then Fylde contrived to score a farcical own goal.
    So I would not change the team for this one as, basically, we have nothing to lose.
    My subs would be:-

Walshaw
    Nowakowski
    Lenighan (if fit) or Rowe
    Kerry
    Killock
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Townfan, the only changes I would make is Swain for Nelthorpe, and Thewlis for Clayton. These would be purely for tactical purposes only.

Swain has done well in that LB/WB position, but I just think the pace of Fylde's wingers will cause him more problems than it will Nelthorpe. Turner will cope on the right side absolutely fine as he has a very good engine, but I just think Swain may struggle.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Townfan wrote:We have gone three games without defeat with the same team (except for Franks coming in for the injured Shiels).  There has been a constant criticism on here about changes made every week, now you want to make changes.  Fylde away on Saturday is a very difficult game and any team we pick is going to find it very hard to get anything from the game.
    I went to the Guiseley/Fylde game last night and was very impressed with them.  Although they lost a draw would have been a fair reflection of the game.  Guiseley were given the softest penalty you would ever see (hard to stomach given the number of penalty shouts we have had this season and still have not had one given in 29 league games) and then Fylde contrived to score a farcical own goal.
    So I would not change the team for this one as, basically, we have nothing to lose.

Walshaw
    Nowakowski
    Kerry
    Killock
    Need to change the subs now !!

Walshaw
    Nowakowski
    Lenighan
    Rowe
    Bloomer

Would not have Meynall in the ground.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Townfan wrote:We have gone three games without defeat with the same team (except for Franks coming in for the injured Shiels).  There has been a constant criticism on here about changes made every week, now you want to make changes.  Fylde away on Saturday is a very difficult game and any team we pick is going to find it very hard to get anything from the game.
    I went to the Guiseley/Fylde game last night and was very impressed with them.  Although they lost a draw would have been a fair reflection of the game.  Guiseley were given the softest penalty you would ever see (hard to stomach given the number of penalty shouts we have had this season and still have not had one given in 29 league games) and then Fylde contrived to score a farcical own goal.

Walshaw
    Nowakowski
    Kerry
    Killock

Walshaw
    Nowakowski
    Lenighan
    Rowe
    Bloomer

Killock back then. In place of Bloomer.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Townfan wrote:

Walshaw
    Nowakowski
    Kerry
    Killock

Walshaw
    Nowakowski
    Lenighan
    Rowe
    Bloomer

Killock back then.  In place of Bloomer.

Will he be in the squad for tomorrow?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:43 am

TheNeil29 wrote:Townfan, the only changes I would make is Swain for Nelthorpe, and Thewlis for Clayton. These would be purely for tactical purposes only.

Swain has done well in that LB/WB position, but I just think the pace of Fylde's wingers will cause him more problems than it will Nelthorpe. Turner will cope on the right side absolutely fine as he has a very good engine, but I just think Swain may struggle.
    You don't change a winning team. Confidence is high now and to make changes only dents it.
    Same again next Saturday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am