Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
TheNeil29
Townfan
thetallaccountant
Innocent Bystander
pie and chips
Dark Knight
A1 drifter
andytheh
12 posters

Kings lynn

andytheh
    andytheh

Kings lynn Empty Kings lynn

Post by andytheh Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:13 pm

A jolly coach on the way to fa trophy game !!!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Kings lynn Empty Re: Kings lynn

Post by Townfan Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:21 pm

S**t we've won again !!!!
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Surely not, Town Fan, must be some mistake?
    But - if we have won, as mentioned on Radio York, surely the manager has made many mistakes today, and should go?
    Or am I deluded?
    Not sure, but I am already looking forward to our next game.
    C'mon Town!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:03 pm

Wow one of the league favourites, with a budget to match beat lower league opposition. Come on guys look around next Saturday at the attendance and that will tell you all you need to know about why there was s so much criticism levelled at weaver and mcdersplop.

I have lost count of the times and nber of hg residing fans of football who I have tried to get to come down to Wetherby road on a regular basis from them to be put off by the shite regularly served up.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:19 pm

6 wins out of our last 8 games !!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Carefree wrote:Wow one of the league favourites, with a budget to match beat lower league opposition.  Come on guys look around next Saturday at the attendance and that will tell you all you need to know about why there was s so much criticism levelled at weaver and mcdersplop.  

I have lost count of the times and nber of hg residing fans of football who I have tried to get to come down to Wetherby road on a regular basis from them to be put off by the shite regularly served up.
    Lower League opposition means nothing in cup football especially when you are away.
    Guiseley were at home to lower league opposition today. Say no more.
    I will take a note of the attendance next Saturday and get back to you on that one.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Anyone know when the draw is, for the next round?
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Two 1-0 away wins after gruelling journeys
    Not to be sniffed at!
    Very pleasing - congratulations to all
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Draw is on Monday. Watch us get a long distance away tie with a top Conference National team...
    Anyway, for the moment well done today lads!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:41 pm

General point i made avoided well done town fan. All i would say in addressing your point would be fa cup. Fa vase to revenue as what the league cup is to league clubs.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Some run this that we're on now. Play offs and promotion surely beckon.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:27 pm

I knew you would see the light eventually!
    Very Happy
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Hoping for Woking away in the next round .....
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Get down on Tuesday and support the lads against thackley

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 am

Another cracking day out with the Town faithful. We really do have the best fans in the world!! Roll on the draw for the next round!
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:10 am

A grand day out as you say Jordan. On the field it was a real battle and the defence really knuckled down. Barnes is so solid now and got his chin busted for the cause. Dean had a good game in the midfield and Nelly improved our attacking options significantly when he came on for the last half hour. Simon conveniently did an Arsene Wenger in the post-match interview saying he couldn't see the penalty incident! Even without this dubious award though it would have been 0-0 which would have still been a good result as they are no mugs. We just aren't testing the opposition's keepers as much as we did last season which is the main worry for me longer term (I can't wait to see Worsfold back) but great to be in the next round!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:58 pm

What's the betting we get Torquay away?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Townfan wrote:What's the betting we get Torquay away?

I think the next round is regionalised again TF.

Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Not sure. I think it is an open draw once you get into the First Round Proper (last 64)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:17 am

Always got to be content with a 1-0 win away, if bluntly speaking. 2 very awkward away trips, and 2 1-0 victories.

The problem I have is that as soon as we are meeting a team who is capable of stringing several passes together (Gloucester, Worcester & Stockport) we struggle. Hyde and Brackley were poor when we played them, and I would expect us to beat the likes of Albion Sports and Kings Lynn Town with minimal fuss.

If it wasnt for goals of James Walshaw and the current form of Phil Barnes, this season would read completely differently thus far, and not for the better either.

However, got to congratulate the boys on the win at the weekend (albeit it controversially) and it was good to see Jake get on the scoresheet, but they certainly need to step it up several levels over the next few weeks if the playoffs are going to be a realistic ambition.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:37 am

Away to a good team in the NPL (they will be in our league shortly I expect), was always going to be tough, I expected the worst to be honest, but great that we won. I managed to hear the penalty through the static on my radio (lousy reception in Leeds!), nearly had heart failure when I heard Speight was taking it, not Walshaw, but he did the business.

Lets have a home draw please next or at least somewhere I can get to by public transport!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 am

Just had a read of one of the Lynn forums, they are absolutely seething about the ref. OK, they are biased, but anyone who was there tell us do they have a point?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:15 pm

paulstreet wrote:Just had a read of one of the Lynn forums, they are absolutely seething about the ref. OK, they are biased, but anyone who was there tell us  do they have a point?  

Lets put it this way, if it had been the other way around, I would have been seething too.

Looked like their keeper took the ball first.

Wally and Speight nearly came to blows over who was taking it.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:07 pm

paulstreet wrote:Just had a read of one of the Lynn forums, they are absolutely seething about the ref. OK, they are biased, but anyone who was there tell us  do they have a point?  
    Just been on their forum and they seem to have gone ballistic. I thought it was a penalty and, having seen the video, the ball does not change direction so their keeper did not get anything on it. We have had many shouts for a penalty this season and not had one given until Saturday, some you get some you don't. The fact remains that, penalty or not, they failed to score. When you play away to lower level teams they are always going to raise their game and make it tough, Saturday was no exception, it was a 'banana skin' which we got through and now have another one.
    They also seem to think that they are good enough for this level having played Lowestoft, Fylde and us, all at home, and lost them all !!
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:32 am

I was right in front of the incident, keeper didn't get a touch on the ball but did touch Wally's foot, though probably not enough to make him go down. Wally 'won' the penalty, keeper only has himself to blame, once you go to ground you have to make sure you get the ball otherwise like it or not that's what happens. Keeper didn't get sent off as the ref probably took the view it was unintentional & Wally was going away from goal & if he had't gone down would have had a very tight angle to squeeze his shot in.
    Surprised the Kings Lynn fans are so convinced the keeper touched the ball as 99% of them were either in the main stand, down the sides of the pitch or behind the opposite goal so didn't have the best of views.
    Kings Lynn were a decent team, i would think there's a good chance we'll be playing them again next season in conf north when they'll get there chance for revenge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:06 am